The good ole' days

Did everyone notice in those videos that we actually had Doubles, whoops and even ruts in the corners? And we all lived to talk about it... Now EVERY double has to be filled in so little Johnny and jump it, whoops are replaced with a FLAT straight and the corners are like glass... 1989 COCR = 2013 San Diego Supercross.... (COCR at least had passing, so I guess it was better)

You would lap Dungey…… and send Chad home crying….

Truer words have never been written on this site. And VillaWho

Stewart got my autograph that day... Lucky kid

The year was 1989 and apparently a true moto legend was on display in Sugar Grove!

COCR had some fun track layouts back then and they changed things up fairly frequently. As a middle of the pack vet rider, I could make my way around so it wasn't that difficult. I seem to remember some decent rider turnouts too.

I remember dislocating my shoulder for the first time up in the back section long long ago at COCR......and sitting in the Lancaster Hospital forever! Also remember a tragic race with a rider there one day, think he was a C rider. Then one guy broke both arms one day there, and they litterally were like a "Z" as he walked off the track.........But I also remember some good races at COCR. Late 80s and 90s were decent, then something happened and their crowds tended to be some of the smallest around and prep was horrible so we stopped going to COCR.

I dont recall the 89' version of COCR, too long ago for me. I had only been there a couple times to watch up to that point anyway. Pretty cool video Joe. Its amazing to me how tight the track seemed back then.

some old photos cocr.jpgScan0010.jpgscan0011.jpgScan0013.jpgscan0012.jpg

attachment.php

Echo Hills '86? The day that old Roly jumped the staggered start and had the holeshot on the schoolboy class? Mike Lewis caught that moment perfectly if memory serves me correctly.

Back