CRF vs. KXF vs. RMZ

Park in canton has a 2013 yz 450 for 6500...the yz with the black rims is a good looking bike...i did see a left over 2011 at state 8... not sure what they are asking...

wow, thats a great price! I have been looking around, hoping to maybe upgrade in the spring. Saw '11s and '12s for $6500......If I were buying today, I would be making a road trip

wow, thats a great price! I have been looking around, hoping to maybe upgrade in the spring. Saw '11s and '12s for $6500......If I were buying today, I would be making a road trip

i am having second thoughts... may have to go for the yamaha..cant make up my mind now!

i am having second thoughts... may have to go for the yamaha..cant make up my mind now!

The crappy part is it is hard to ride them all on the same day at the same track. That would be the perfect scenario. If your looking for perfect suspension and dont mind a little slower turning go with Yamaha. If you dont mind a bit harsher suspension with a twitchy front end and want great cornering go RMZ. That is about the best way I can put it having rode both in stock trim.

The crappy part is it is hard to ride them all on the same day at the same track. That would be the perfect scenario. If your looking for perfect suspension and dont mind a little slower turning go with Yamaha. If you dont mind a bit harsher suspension with a twitchy front end and want great cornering go RMZ. That is about the best way I can put it having rode both in stock trim.
Thanks Hershey... they yz is a sweet looking bike with the black rims...would have been nice to ride each bike but i may just go on price...

The one concern on the YZF is all the rumors that Yamaha is abandoning the backwards motor stuff for 2014 and doing a complete redesign again. I would not want to have the last year of the design they bailed on.

That would deffinately take the shine off the new bike, when they start showing spy photos in a couple months.

Hey Joe!..
Ya can’t go wrong with either choice…..basically both are the same. Heck, all of the Jap 450 are the same.
The Yam is a little roomier. If you’re not looking for e-start or a different size motor then it’s all a toss-up.
The 12 RMZ will have better suspension than the 13.
It will be great to have back out there with us again …..!
<O:p

Thanks for the help guys...i didn't realize that yamaha was making big changes... no wonder they our offering 1000 bucks off.. looks like its back to the suzuki...

I read somewhere recently someone, Ohlins I believe, has a drop in cartridge to convert back to conventional... anybody see this???

I don't know about a kit for the air forks since I'm far out of the loop now. But I did work with Coppersmith I years past. I have the cartridge kits on my 125. Amazing! Call up Andre at Coppersmith. He will have the current info. Good stuff for sure. On mine it's no question. Just point and shoot. No need to pick smooth lines.

OK... you guys can add me to the 4stroke list...broke down and got the 13 rmz450...pick it monday...

I rode my 2013 KX with Factory Connection worked forks yesterday at Switchback. Feels great to me. As far as nitrogen goes, Factory Connection is using air from a hand pump, so thats going to be just fine for me.

I got a ride on my 13 Honda, the new exhaust was just what I wanted. I still haven't change suspension from stock, other then 34lbs in the forks. I think the bike handles better and its better suspended then my 12 right out of the crate. So far I haven't even thought about the forks other then to set them before first ride!

Back