Federal Spending Cuts-Sequestration.

Meister.......If everyone with common sense and the ability to teach their kids what is right and correct in the world, did not have kids that will be a problem. We need people like us to hopefully bring kids up that have our values, but even that is tough. My 13 year old comes home from school and says different things, and I have to correct her to what is REALLY correct. It amazes me how kids and teachers alike at her school have a different spin than we have on all this.

At the end of the day, there are TONS of BS programs to cut. Paul Ryan laid out a list that would save 10 trillion over 10 years. Read through the list..........but none of those cuts affect americans, so why make those? I truley believe at this point in my life, only 10% of the politicians in Washington deserve to be there. There needs to be a serious over haul of the leaders in Washington. People need to make their voices heard by NOT returning these guys to DC. The new ones coming in will see what is happening, and have different attitudes about sticking with their principles. But this of course would have to mean smarter people would have to run for office, and smarter people would have to vote........and I dont have a lot of faith in that happening. I already called John Boehners office numerous times. He will NEVER get my vote again. Whoever the GOP contender is running against him will get my vote.

from Fox news:

The Obama administration is facing criticism for giving $250 million in aid to Egypt while saying the recent sequester has forced drastic cutbacks elsewhere in the budget -- including forcing the release of "low-priority" illegal immigrants from jail.

ummmm!

Imagine that?? There is so much waste and foreign aide that is NOT needed......90% of DC needs to be replaced. NO COMMON SENSE what so ever. NONE.

At the end of the day, there are TONS of BS programs to cut. Paul Ryan laid out a list that would save 10 trillion over 10 years. Read through the list..........but none of those cuts affect americans, so why make those?

No, "its between cutting aid to the poor kid and the disabled kid". The kid with 6 Obama phones is not an option.

Imagine that?? There is so much waste and foreign aide that is NOT needed......90% of DC needs to be replaced. NO COMMON SENSE what so ever. NONE.

If 90% of DC was replaced, would it still be the wealthiest area in the country?

If 90% of DC was replaced, would it still be the wealthiest area in the country?

I doubt it...But we need to make a statement, and quit sending the same idiots back over and over and yet over again. They dont seem to want to have a back bone and stand on what is truly right for the country. Only 10% of them do this, and one of the best at it is Michele Bachmann. Look at her voting record, she is one of the few that get it, and know how to use common sense. We need to over haul congress and senate benefits, and then people would not be looking to make their time in DC a career. The benefits of the postion infulence their decisions, rather than them doing whats right. In Congress, with two year terms, it is ALWAYS about getting re-elected. Start with making congressional terms four years, so that they are not always in champaign mode.

DC needs a SERIOUS overhaul. It has become VERY corupt, and therefore nothing gets done.

Also talk today on leaked email implying "make it hurt" from the administration on the sequestration cuts.

PBS news hour last night:

FROM THE HOUSE
=================
REP. JOHN BOEHNER, R-Ohio: The House will pass a bill there week to keep the government open through the end of the fiscal year. Spending is the problem here in Washington, and our goal is to cut spending, not to shut the government down.

RAY SUAREZ: The bill would leave the overall sequester cuts of $85 billion dollars in place, but it would also make adjustments, increasing Pentagon funding for military readiness and allowing the Border Patrol to maintain current staff numbers without the threat of furloughs.
Other changes would protect funding for federal prisons and for firefighting programs in the West, and ensure new funding for embassy security, all of that in a continuing resolution, or C.R.

FROM THE SENATE
=================
SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL, R-Ky.: We are optimistic that we will be able to pass a C.R. both through the House and the Senate at the sequester level, and thereby not have a huge dispute over the continued operation of the government for the rest of the year.
There seems to be no interest on either side in having a kind of confrontational government shutdown scenario.

===============================
THEN SENATE DEMOCRATIC LEADER HARRY REID COMES BACK WITH THIS BRILLIANT RESPONSE:

SEN. HARRY REID, D-Nev.: So what remains to be seen is whether this move apparently away from a crisis is truly a shift in strategy for the Republicans or just a short break from extremism that they have had over the last few years. They're going to have make a decision soon as to what they're going to do.

wow ??????

Did that guy play dumb or was he dumber? A very clever script from a leftist writer. Bashing America yet sounding high, mightly and noble in the process. Did I miss a mention of the Constitution? That is what allows we Americans to set ourselves and our country apart from the rest of the world. And it's the document that the likes of those who brought us this show are attempting to destroy.

I am conservative.......I thought it was a pretty honest answer where america is today.

I am conservative.......I thought it was a pretty honest answer where america is today.

Yep, brilliantly written to evoke the frustrated emotions of the viewer. About the only thing that comes through as representing the writer is the character's condescending demeanor. These liberals believe they are always the smartest in the room and know what's best for the rest of us. The Constitution serves as an impediment to their utopian dreams. Never mind that all of the points ticked off in the character's rant can be tied to being caused by liberal politics and policies. The left never owns a problem.

Air traffic controllers are now required to take 11 unpaid days off ....before september...unpaid! Across the board cuts.

Air traffic controllers are now required to take 11 unpaid days off ....before september...unpaid! Across the board cuts.

I guess that doesn't sound like a bad deal to the guys in the private sector who always funded everything and got permanent furloughs. If things run okay under these circumstances, one might conclude we have too many man hours scheduled.

No word on any cuts to the Obamaphone program or university study grants to determine why lesbians have higher levels of obesity and alcoholism than the general population.

Yea I kinda struggle with empathy on this one as well.
Worked private sector my whole career, and always amazed of the past job security of most on city, county, state and federal payrolls.

How many of them saw unemployment from the crash in 2008, or were they insulated from that?

Also kind of wonder if their getting screwed out of their pensions also like the private sector?

I guess that doesn't sound like a bad deal to the guys in the private sector who always funded everything and got permanent furloughs. If things run okay under these circumstances, one might conclude we have too many man hours scheduled.

No word on any cuts to the Obamaphone program or university study grants to determine why lesbians have higher levels of obesity and alcoholism than the general population.

I agree . Why don't they just reduce there pay rate some . They could also up there healthcare contribution . Maybe reduce paid vacation days available or personal paid days .

Back