Tomahawk qualifier. Whose in.

I was planning on going but due to other things coming up, i might skip it and head to the next NE... We'll see though. I rode Budds Creek yesterday and man, that is real motocross. Gotta get used to that before the regional... i'm feeling it today for sure. They had a race saturday and left the track un changed for practice sunday, so the braking bumps were in full effect.

I'm about an hour south west. The turnout was pretty good. Due to the track being so huge and the practices being spit up into 4 classes (a/b, C/womens, 85/65, golf carts.. okay quads), it never seemed packed at all. The weather was pretty good. It was cold, about 42-45 with some wind, but who am i to complain... i have seen what it looks like in western PA where i'm from.

Where you living now?
What do you think Tomahawk will be like? ….area should get snow Tue. & Wed.
Was thinking about hitting Birch Creek for an open ride this weekend….Thoughts?

My uncle said tomahawk will be good. He is scouting this week. They're gonna prep all day wednesday and Thursday. If its not perfect Friday it will be saturday and Sunday.

birch creek is a royal bitch to get to. Roads are windy and literally 4 inches off of stone cliffs. Watch your mirrors! Although the track is super nice!

birch creek is a royal bitch to get to. Roads are windy and literally 4 inches off of stone cliffs. Watch your mirrors! Although the track is super nice!

Lol... You were sleeping like Crute till it really twisty!

Marc, Birch Creek was 7 hrs for us. It is lots of 2 lane driving to get to but well worth the trip! Lots of elevation changes and great soil. Nothing hard to jump but still very technical in spots. You will like it for sure. I would have a go pro but I was still foggy that day and forgot to.

I'm about an hour south west. The turnout was pretty good. Due to the track being so huge and the practices being spit up into 4 classes (a/b, C/womens, 85/65, golf carts.. okay quads), it never seemed packed at all. The weather was pretty good. It was cold, about 42-45 with some wind, but who am i to complain... i have seen what it looks like in western PA where i'm from.

Had to be way better than last weekend. :)

Are you guys doing Budds rather than Millville?

We may end up at University of Maryland for National History weekend if Jack's Documentary makes it to National's again like it did in 2010. If so we may ride there and make a week out of it for summer vacation. For now its just a weekend to get ready to try and qualify for a regional and get seat time.
Opened the mail today at FGL and have something to give to Jack....you are more than generous. He will be stoked!

Where you living now?
What do you think Tomahawk will be like? ….area should get snow Tue. & Wed.
Was thinking about hitting Birch Creek for an open ride this weekend….Thoughts?

I see the weather calling for 8-12 inches near Tomahawk....no way that track will survive that. I was there last year for this race and Friday and most of Saturday were a mess and it was just lightly raining. Sunday was okay, but again, there was not a foot of snow 2 days before....

Sharc, I would go someone where else.

Cool, thanks Z –Man. Never been to Tomahawk. I know the guy is super enthusiastic about his track and often optimistic about conditions……and I agree, snow always makes a bigger mess.
Been watching the weather and it looks like a few hrs. south should be good or maybe head over to Il. and get the Millville Quali out of the way.

Cool, thanks Z –Man. Never been to Tomahawk. I know the guy is super enthusiastic about his track and often optimistic about conditions……and I agree, snow always makes a bigger mess.
Been watching the weather and it looks like a few hrs. south should be good or maybe head over to Ind. and get the Millville Quali out of the way.

Hershey and I are discussing Indiana.....it's just a long 600 mile haul for the first qualifier of the year....

Hershey and I are discussing Indiana.....it's just a long 600 mile haul for the first qualifier of the year....

We had planned on hitting Lincoln Trails (about ½ hr. closer) in a few weeks. It’s ether Paradise or Lincoln.<O:p</O:p
It sure would be nice to get the Millville Quali out of the way.....

<O:p</O:p
Between the two of ya ....neither has very good comprehension do ya? <O:p</O:p
You guys let us know how Indiana is and we’ll let you know how that the Race in Duquoin, IL was.

<O:p

Well you can't call Tomahawk because noone answers the phone but mxsports will answer. They are already talking so they said to pay attention to their website (mxsports). If they get as much snow as they are calling for they may have to reschedule. They didn't give me any indication of when but there isn't a NE scheduled for the following weekend so it would make sense to move it then but that is just my thinking (which means nothing!). Anyone who has been to Tomahawk knows that its always wet and if they get even 6 inches of snow no Motorhome will be able to make it in or out without a tow, it will be a mess, and thats the just the parking.

Well you can't call Tomahawk because noone answers the phone but mxsports will answer. They are already talking so they said to pay attention to their website (mxsports). If they get as much snow as they are calling for they may have to reschedule. They didn't give me any indication of when but there isn't a NE scheduled for the following weekend so it would make sense to move it then but that is just my thinking (which means nothing!). Anyone who has been to Tomahawk knows that its always wet and if they get even 6 inches of snow no Motorhome will be able to make it in or out without a tow, it will be a mess, and thats the just the parking.

The ground was already a little soft on Saturday. I know the guy will dump tons of sawdust and wood chips on the track. Took me hours to get every piece of bark out of the nooks and crannies of the bike after Saturday, but the track was pretty good. Not sure what it would be like after bad weather, but pitting might be the issue.

Yall are NUTS for driving that far for an area qualifier let alone even considering with the possible forecasts!

Back