Tomahawk qualifier. Whose in.

Tomahawk is only 3 1/2 for us. But you are right if they get a foot of snow that would be nuts haha. I just don't want to drive 10 hours to Paradise.

Just another Yamaha. Still got the Ohlins TTX stuff. Haven't been outdoors yet with it. Only ridden once indoors at SB. I usually practice on another bike. I see you like your Ohlins stuff too....
Told you in your original thread that the stuff feels very "planted". Makes my Yamaha turn as well as your stock zook. You can just hit those holes on jumps with confidence. No deflection.

I also just got a Gas Gas FSE450 to do Dual Sport rides, but that's for fun on weeknights...

You’re a great source for info out of our area Greg…thanks for that.
Yeah, Love the Ohlins….they feel planted like glue and no deflection!!...all good stuff for this old man.
I can’t wait to ride some more on them that’s why we’re looking around for places to go. What are your thoughts on Birch Creek???

Doublin Gap is having practice both Sat. and Sunday. The weather is looking good for them. I was thinking of possibly loading up some firewood and hanging out there for the weekend. It looks like a nice place on their website.

Doublin Gap is OK.....not great, just ok. More set-up for Mini's..
If ya just want to spin some laps....sure. But not what I would call a great track.

Doublin Gap is OK.....not great, just ok. More set-up for Mini's..
If ya just want to spin some laps....sure. But not what I would call a great track.

Thanks for the input! I have never been there, I was hoping to get some laps in around home. But it doesnt look like anyone is going to be opening. And Im not ready for any type of qualifiers yet. I will probably save my cash for Highpoint/Pleasure Valley. I most likely wont make it yet, but I atleast enjoy riding those tracks.

In 2008 Tomahawk had the qualifier in April. Their parking lot was wet that year, however the track was sweet. There weather is only about 10 degrees warmer than ours and now they are calling for more snow than us, so not sure why they keep pushing to run it so early.

Thanks for the input! I have never been there, I was hoping to get some laps in around home. But it doesnt look like anyone is going to be opening. And Im not ready for any type of qualifiers yet. I will probably save my cash for Highpoint/Pleasure Valley. I most likely wont make it yet, but I atleast enjoy riding those tracks.

i liked doublin gap. iknow marc didnt care for it so much but i liked it more than hes making it sound. its definitely no monster mountain but it got some nice lines and theres some decent jumps. IMO its worth checking out.. am i in a hurry to go back? no. but im glad i did go the time i did.

You’re a great source for info out of our area Greg…thanks for that.
Yeah, Love the Ohlins….they feel planted like glue and no deflection!!...all good stuff for this old man.
I can’t wait to ride some more on them that’s why we’re looking around for places to go. What are your thoughts on Birch Creek???

Birch Creek has two tracks. I used to live down that way in NC for a while. The main track, the one that host a regional about every 3 years, is full of elevation changes.
Then they have a SX track, which used to be killer, but I haven't raced there since like 1999. I moved back to PA in 2000.
Last time I rode BC was in 2003 on a practice Saturday before we went to a Sunday race at Actiontown, in VA also.

Birch Creek used to be owned by some pretty big heavy hitting dudes who ran the whole Pro MX series. I think that is changed now, with MX sports, but they always had a good track. This track, back in the day when I ran it was very fast. 4th gear tapped on a 250 smoker. I went to the other side in 2006, so I don't know how that is on a 4T. You can get hurt at this track. I never been to Monster, but probably similar dirt and elevation. Here is a YT vid. Google it and watch yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXiCNiS4lFE

About 10 miles down the road is Lake Sugar tree. I haven't been there since 2003 when they had a "BIG" Vet national there. I won two classes, but it was promoted so poorly, nobody showed!! But I came home with 1000's in stuff. Kinda forgot about that. The industry was there, but about 100 racers maybe?? Never had it again. Nice track too. Also has a night/SX course

Google the video for it. I usually YT a video of a track before I go. Gives you an idea.

Good luck on those qualifiers guys. I don't do LL, kinda a pet peeve of mine, so I will be AWAL. But TMX, if the snow is not deep, will be good. Chad is an old MX pro and he knows how to prep the track. For any of you that go, just watch out for holes>there will be lots of them in that mulch. It is what it is, but the landings can have holes that get hidden in the woodchips and can throw you. It is still very ridable, but just letting you know.

Don't want any broken bodies because of that this time of year. Most of you guys have been off the scoot for a while.

I know Chad well. For what it is worth, his Area is far bigger than any other Area race in the US. It will be packed. Kids from the south who have been running will be there. Get an idea on how much (or little) you trained!

74 degrees and Sunny Sunday for the Daytona Amatuer SX. Full gates......rough, whooped out, chopped up sand to try that new suspension. What more could you want? Just about 1000 miles.

Tomahawk posted a pic of all the mulch and sawdust they are going to put down.

883876_10200221242586481_700827629_o.jpg

Tracks are never happy with the dirt they got. Always gotta mock the sand of Michigan. Or try to. It's ok, all of it will be scraped off Friday night. Saturday will be nice. Haha.

And Tyler Jackson qualified out of Arizona cycle park. That's a drive for the medina native....

All that saw dust and mulch eventually make the soil pretty good over the years of getting worked in.

due to the inclement weather and out of concern for the safety of our traveling racers, we will be postponing this weekend's loretta lynn qualifier to the weekend of march 30-31st. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but we hope that you are able to change your plans and race with us on a much drier and safer track at the end of this month. Race details, etc. Will be posted to our website and facebook (www.tomahawkmx.com). Since you now have the weekend off, don't forget about the daytona supercross. It's sunny and 80 degrees in florida today, so a trip south would be a pleasant change from this crazy snow storm.

Back