Villipoto's Pass on yellow

TBO

PR Addict
Is the rule no jumping or no doubling? If it is straight JUMPING then he was in the wrong.....his tires came off the ground off each jump but he didnt double. That is how he gained all his ground on JS7 to pass right at the end of the flagged area.

RV2 is a cheater, I have no respect for him after this race. He has a sense of urgency about losing the title to Milsaps and cheated but was caught the first time, somehow got out of paying the penalty for it too. Then cheats again a second time in one night.

If JS7 was in a title hint you know there would have been a argument coming from the Suzuki camp. You think Rockstar would have put up a stink. Teams have argued with the officials over far less in the past.

Thumbs Up.

Elliott4179

PR Addict
I think the whole thing is bogus. Personally I think he was wrong both times. But even if he wasn't the second time he was for sure the first. The fact that the race was red flagged after he broke the rule then he shouldn't have been penalized on the start it should have been at the end of the race. If it hadn't been red flagged then according to the rules he would have been knocked back down to fourth. So he gets a free pass just because the race was stopped. STUPID

barrington314

PR Elite
IMO the second red cross deal is a little vague. I think the rule is no passing until after you pass the incident that caused the flag. Its just too unclear.
My problem is the penalty that RV got for the 1st jumping AND passing on red cross flag and red lights. If it wasn't for the restart, he would have been docked 3 positions at the end of the race. I think that was just the ama and felds way of making it seem like they took care of it.

barrington314

PR Elite
Oh and another point about the ding dongs in the booth. Ralph made a big deal about the 450s never having a single file restart... well actually Ralph there was one in the 450s before. And it was this year you fool. You made a big deal about that one too and how the only rider that has seen it before was Barcia but in the lites class.

Jonny rocket

PR Member
Oh and another point about the ding dongs in the booth. Ralph made a big deal about the 450s never having a single file restart... well actually Ralph there was one in the 450s before. And it was this year you fool. You made a big deal about that one too and how the only rider that has seen it before was Barcia but in the lites class.

Ralph is all cranked up on blow......he has no idea whats going on...EVER.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
That red flag lineup restart is bullshit that early in the race. If the damn race is half over then line em up single file. Otherwise let everyone bitch, piss, and moan like I do every time I come around in top 5 on lap 1 at any regional.

MX315

PR Addict
Georgie claiming top 5 starts...oh snap...2stroke!!!!!!!!Watch those cross flags and yellow flags...."barcia will never win,He is a hazard" You still owe Todd 50 bucks!

Glassy

PR Member
I have to agree with others that I lost all respect for RV. I also dont agree with the rule. If it is a 3 position penalty at the end of the race for doing it, thats what it should be. The restart shouldnt allow him to make those places up. The entire rule needs overhauled.

This isnt even the first time RV has been on the hotseat for jumping/passing on a red flag. I believe it was last year when he blitzed a corner and still hit the triple and they said that he was already "committed". Hogwash!

John250

PR Founding Father
It's Supercross.........dont get all worked up, its entertainment more than racing anyway. They are on a time schedule and need to make sure they stick to it. I have an idea, go back to the original AMA rule book. If the race is less than half way over and its red flagged........line em back up and start over, if its more than half over and red flagged, its over! (I know this would never work because people pay too much for seats) I did not see the race (thanks channel 7 news for showing us the 4 shootings saturday night instead), but the whole yellow flag has been a gray area forever! Yellows are handled differectly from track to track even at our level of racing. Standardize it and be done. Usually red cross is single file, no passing, no jumping, period. Yellow usually is hold your position until after you pass the area causing the yelllow flag.

MSM69Z28

PR Member
Usually red cross is single file, no passing, no jumping, period. Yellow usually is hold your position until after you pass the area causing the yelllow flag.

This makes sense, but thats not how it looks like it is handled today. Yellow seems to be "watch out for a down rider, but otherwise, go for it". I remember RD5 made a pass on yellow earlier this year when the other rider was slowing down for the down rider (cant remember who that was). Not saying he was wrong, but just that they are definitely not holding their position on yellow (although I dont understand that this is the rule anyway). It would make sense if it were hold your position till after you pass, but thats not what happened with JS7 and RV2. BTW, I loved seeing JV7 cut down early when RV2 was coming in fast to make that block pass. Cool move. I am not a big JS7 or RV2 fan, but it would have been cool if RV2 didnt pass him on that yellow cause it was a good battle. RV2 would have got him, but would have made for a couple more laps with some good action.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Georgie claiming top 5 starts...oh snap...2stroke!!!!!!!!Watch those cross flags and yellow flags...."barcia will never win,He is a hazard" You still owe Todd 50 bucks!

Im claiming my past starts. Back when I was 15. Those days are long gone.
And I recall saying Barcia was a dousche. Not a hazard.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
too lazy to look up the rules but i thought it was a diff rule for just a yellow flag, compared to a WAIVING yellow flag? might be way off on that one.

John250

PR Founding Father
Crute......your not way off. Thats what I was saying.....it is different at every track at our level. Stationary yellow means proceed with caution, keep racing. Waving yellow, do not pass, go with caution, do not double till past the incident.........red cross single file, no jumping, no passing. Go to another track and they dont allow any jumping passing etc on Yellow, and it is totally different from what your used too. I am one to alot of time skip riders meetings.......good reason to go to one if your at a new track.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Crute......your not way off. Thats what I was saying.....it is different at every track at our level. Stationary yellow means proceed with caution, keep racing. Waving yellow, do not pass, go with caution, do not double till past the incident.........red cross single file, no jumping, no passing. Go to another track and they dont allow any jumping passing etc on Yellow, and it is totally different from what your used too. I am one to alot of time skip riders meetings.......good reason to go to one if your at a new track.

id imagine its not easy when your riding thru an sx track to quickly determine if a flag is waving or stationery.. at our level if i see any yellow or anything im going to take it easy for sure. its not worth hurting anyone more or even hurting myself by not taking it easy... at their level i understand they need every second they can.. but everyone else rolled the section, he didnt... hes a douche. lol

TCracing

PR Addict
Forgot about the light incident from last year. He was vindicated on that one. But still sketchy. And It does seem to be a pattern developing hear for RV and Flag incidents. The officials should have stuck to their guns and enforced the Docking of his final position at the end of the race. As long as he can get away with it why would he not go for it! Should have been an example set. Not going to be so easy to forgive after someone gets hurt!

barrington314

PR Elite
Word on the street is results on hold pending protest. Any one that can verify?
Stew sent me another text. Said yellow, blue, orange and red all have protests in.

id imagine its not easy when your riding thru an sx track to quickly determine if a flag is waving or stationery.. at our level if i see any yellow or anything im going to take it easy for sure. its not worth hurting anyone more or even hurting myself by not taking it easy... at their level i understand they need every second they can.. but everyone else rolled the section, he didnt... hes a douche. lol
Did you miss the picture I posted? It wasn't just yellow flags. The red cross was out.

Heres one from vital. and the text under it: You can see a yellow flag, and some people say there was also a red cross flag being displayed. We didn't see one, but it was reviewed by the AMA afterwards, and determined that no adjustment of the results was necessary.
But as you can see from the pic I posted, there was a red cross flag.
s780_030213stl_racing3384.jpg

860698_10200604450930866_1830067323_o.jpg

Double D

PR Founding Father
What does Stewys go pro say? RV2 what about his go pro?
I have not watched them.

I cant find one.