Villipoto's Pass on yellow

someone sitting stationary on the track is a hazard.

What do you think the flaggers get paid? And how many if them know the rulebook regarding yellows? Since the beginning if time mx has had poor quality uneducated flag staff.

LOL...that quote came from AMA’s Kevin Crowther who made the final decision.

How many times have we seen a rider on the side of the track getting up from a crash...and how many times did the red cross flag come out...not often...more often they use the yellow flag and passing is legal.

Not to keep beating the horse, but The riders need to respect the rules especially safety, and if the are no consequences. They will keep crossing the line. That could cost someone at the end of the day.

When did Dungey pass Davi on a red flag? No excuse Just curious. BTW that's the only time he can pass anyone... LOL!

Do you guys think maybe RV's neck brace interfered with his ability to see the flags properly?

Do you guys think maybe RV's neck brace interfered with his ability to see the flags properly?

Nah Villopto is a non-union guy, the flaggers clearly belong to a union, always listening to their ipods and not paying attention. Heck that guy was so out of it, he didnt realize he had two different flags. Thats his way of sticking it to the system, right Brother Hershey??

I bet they have fully paid obamacare too!

Not to keep beating the horse, but The riders need to respect the rules especially safety, and if the are no consequences. They will keep crossing the line. That could cost someone at the end of the day.

When did Dungey pass Davi on a red flag? No excuse Just curious. BTW that's the only time he can pass anyone... LOL!

I remember at a riders meeting Saturday morning when we were at Pleasure Valley for some district race weekend, Ole Cernic was preaching the gospel to the A riders for not passing on yellow. So the A riders got cocky and they decided that all of them were just going to break the rule that way none of them could really be penalized. So during their motos people crashed, yellows flew....nobody let up everyone was passing (actually pressing harder when they saw the yellow).

Sunday morning riders meeting rolled around and ole Cernic said "hey all you smarty pants A riders......guess what......you're racing for a trophy today and no refunds have fun that's what it's all about." And threatened to take their ama cards for unsportmanslike conduct for 2 years if they got cocky again on that sunday...

I think I was like 8 but I'm pretty sure that's the first time I heard F bombs in the masses. (Back when A class gate was full in d5.)

Something that comes to mind regarding all of this yellow flag and rolling jump stuff is that on many tracks I've been to the jumps are really difficult to roll!

Tracks need to take this into consideration and build jumps that you can roll safely if needed.

Nah Villopto is a non-union guy, the flaggers clearly belong to a union, always listening to their ipods and not paying attention. Heck that guy was so out of it, he didnt realize he had two different flags. Thats his way of sticking it to the system, right Brother Hershey??

I bet they have fully paid obamacare too!

I think the Union flaggers are revolting against the system because the are being forced to use flags made in a non-union shop!

Something that comes to mind regarding all of this yellow flag and rolling jump stuff is that on many tracks I've been to the jumps are really difficult to roll!

Tracks need to take this into consideration and build jumps that you can roll safely if needed.

YA! i might be there too!

No Pit, I think that JS7's big head was in RV's sightline and he saw no flags. Then just passed him like he was standing still since that's the way RV does it! Lol

I feel like this restart should have been from the gate not single file. And why couldn't they show the 1st 3 laps instead of fluff in the first 30 minutes. Stupid! I will say I think the only guy in the top 5 that wouldn't have been penalized the same as RV would've been Reed. The rules do need to be more clear. Guess there will be a new addendum to this rule next year!
Btw we need a like or thanks button on posts. I can't comment on them all...

No Pit, I think that JS7's big head was in RV's sightline and he saw no flags. Then just passed him like he was standing still since that's the way RV does it! Lol

Colossal post! Coffee came out of my nose!

I thought Ricky's analysis and overhead view of the whole incident cleared it up. Poto passed under legal conditions.

Lol....I was too!

The pass on yellow was a bad move in my opinion but that doesnt matter much. However the penalty for jumping on the red cross flag was entirely bogus. He should have been docked his positions at the end of the moto not at the restart.

If you look at the corner when js7 passed rv there was a red cross flag right in front of him so maybe that should be the arguement.

Back