Mx 213 Sunday 3-10-13

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The Map thing at the bottom of the “tracks” page on the OMAXMXAO-District-X site is Killer!
It has all the needed trip info in one easy spot.

The tracks page gives me a bunch of links to waste some time on while I look a each individual establishment deciding if their open or if I want go there.

As I flip through the oh-so-current Dirt World site I find it doesn’t have an address and even though the OXMOMAX site has it listed, their Official site says “Dirt World is not holding any organized racing events.”

Guess I don’t need to go back to the OMMAX-X site and look for that address now do I?

Oh wait…….for this do I need to check facebook?????…..

….I’m just and not so good with all this interweb stuff. But I think I may have it now….
It’s so easy, so complete, so fast, that I may even have more time to ride…now, who was it that's open this weekend?
Oh

Logan #34's Dad

PR Addict
A Good friend went by the track today. He said the place was a muddy mess. Let's all hope this wonderful Ohio weather stays good and no more wet stuff come down....
He said it looks like they tore up the track earlier in the winter which has allowed water to pool up all over. Gotta pack them down for winter in ole Ohio.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
A Good friend went by the track today. He said the place was a muddy mess. Let's all hope this wonderful Ohio weather stays good and no more wet stuff come down....
He said it looks like they tore up the track earlier in the winter which has allowed water to pool up all over. Gotta pack them down for winter in ole Ohio.

Oh its gonna take some sun and wind no doubt, but i have been there several times, and there has been some wind each time, the 213 guys are always talking about how fast it dries out. it may be a long shot given the winter we have had, but at least we are trying.

On a side note, the track driveway is so soft you would leave 6' tracks, and I havent disturbed it since last July. I know what you are saying, but I think the wet winter is the bigger issue.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Continuity hasn't killed nearly as many cats as curiosity. Update your interwebsites damn It. In another 30 years all this interwebs stuff should be figured out by the vet population. And maybe sturd will have dementia.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The Map thing at the bottom of the “tracks” page on the OMAXMXAO-District-X site is Killer!
It has all the needed trip info in one easy spot.

The tracks page gives me a bunch of links to waste some time on while I look a each individual establishment deciding if their open or if I want go there.

As I flip through the oh-so-current Dirt World site I find it doesn’t have an address and even though the OXMOMAX site has it listed, their Official site says “Dirt World is not holding any organized racing events.”

Guess I don’t need to go back to the OMMAX-X site and look for that address now do I?

Oh wait…….for this do I need to check facebook?????…..

….I’m just and not so good with all this interweb stuff. But I think I may have it now….
It’s so easy, so complete, so fast, that I may even have more time to ride…now, who was it that's open this weekend?
Oh

I usually check the track guide for addresses on PR. Just sayin, its right up there........seems like it could use some sprucin', but im not bitchin about.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Wait, so is this the official Oxma-X site? Ya know that thing is harder to find than a good racetrack in Ohio…Ha-ha!

I’m pretty sure the Pit Racer Track Guide is user driven anyway. So if the address is missing it’s because an assassin didn’t hit their mark, again. This site has been that way for a few years now, you really should get current.

Instead of making snide comments and calling me names, just up-date the stuff….soon.
Love, the cranky barking bitch…

….need a hug?

Oh, and check the views, see what’s happening here? Sure you do.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
On facebook they give a full update every couple hours.

MX315

PR Addict
March 9th open practice.......Track better be in perfect if not red budisd condition......Or it will be a ten pager......What I don't understand if your starting out a new adventure...Wouldn't ya want great conditions first time out....Better to hold off a couple weeks or a month and wait until its nice out and track is ready to go then RISK turning everyone away from 213 the first time out.In this day age there will be go pro's of the track a muddy mess and nobody will go there all year!!!! Maybe I am wrong and the skies will clear and the wind will blow and the sun will be out....And there will ,any people out riding Sunday......Good luck mx213 and the opening day of OMA! Flame on!

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
What the heck is JO driving that he's leaving 6 foot tracks?

Yes, PR track guide is TRACK driven. We no longer update it. This was announced a few years back when we updated to this new version.
Bottom line - 95% of the tracks out there are terrible at marketing, it's not a secret. Also blaming the customers for the business' lack of marketing and promotion is not very professional.

MalvernMX

Ok everyone, time out! We are all a bunch of friends here, and it is starting to sound like we hate each other. My god, after a winter that doesn't seem to want to die, who would think that the possibility of riding outdoors would start such an argument?! I don't know the 213 guys that well, yet. I will say that the facility is run by a group of older gentlemen who seem to be really good guys, but may not be as Internet savvy as others. As a group, that is something Jeremy and I will have to try and help with. I truly believe that is one of the huge differences that will become apparent to everyone this season. OMA tracks trying to help each other and work together, not waiting (sometimes hoping) for the other tracks to fail so someone can point a finger and snicker.

Bill480

PR Addict
I will say that it was a bit challenging to find the info on 213. I think you can search MX 213 (with the space) and it comes up.

I knew that there is an awesome track map on OMA's website.. but I can never find that website for the life of me. Who picked that domain name? lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
What the heck is JO driving that he's leaving 6 foot tracks?

Yes, PR track guide is TRACK driven. We no longer update it. This was announced a few years back when we updated to this new version.
Bottom line - 95% of the tracks out there are terrible at marketing, it's not a secret. Also blaming the customers for the business' lack of marketing and promotion is not very professional.

Can we get an OMA section on track guide? BC is no longer non-sanctioned, so it has been removed from that section.

MSM69Z28

PR Member
I am a relative newbie to Ohio moto so I will "watch my tone", but IMO, for those heading to the track Sunday if they are open, you would have to expect it to be soft or some mud. Thats the nature of the beast in early March in Ohio. Everyone would hope for a good first time out for a great promotion for one our OMA tracks, but reality is its going to be narly. No amount of track prep is going to fix that. Its just too early in the year. Its my opinion that we need to be thankful we may have a chance to ride outdoors finally (been long enough), and that the OMA track owners are trying to do something positive for our moto community. There will always be opportunity to make improvements (web sites, communication, etc..). If it was so easy, anyone who wants to should step up and try to do it better.

Thanks,

Michael

DirtworldMX

PR Addict
We know we our page is not current at this time, never said it was. You say you have a hard time with this internet stuff, TRY MAKING a website, youll really get stressed out then LOL... We are currently trying to get the dirtworld website in order okay :D thank you and we shall see everyone soon enough have a nice day!!

DirtworldMX

PR Addict
Ok everyone, time out! We are all a bunch of friends here, and it is starting to sound like we hate each other. My god, after a winter that doesn't seem to want to die, who would think that the possibility of riding outdoors would start such an argument?! I don't know the 213 guys that well, yet. I will say that the facility is run by a group of older gentlemen who seem to be really good guys, but may not be as Internet savvy as others. As a group, that is something Jeremy and I will have to try and help with. I truly believe that is one of the huge differences that will become apparent to everyone this season. OMA tracks trying to help each other and work together, not waiting (sometimes hoping) for the other tracks to fail so someone can point a finger and snicker.

Well said !! I think everyone is just getting grumpy from this weather, we need some sunshine darn it!! It would put everyone in a better mood!! :D So if MX213 is open sunday come bundle up ride and support the sport you all love so much, or take a hot shower either one will put you in a better mood LOL :D