Let the Battles begin!!! Battle of Ohio triple crown: North Round!

So two days before the event there is another class added? Washel271 has been wanting a Vet A class all season, why not make one of those too?

We should make a class for those who only race outside Ohio, so that the same goons can ride with each other and nobody else!! Awesome, high five on that....

Now now kids. I think we have all raced in ohio also. Just prefer the big national feel to most ohio tracks!

Now now kids. I think we have all raced in ohio also. Just prefer the big national feel to most ohio tracks!

I have been to plenty of "national feel" tracks, the secret ingredient is racers, just add people. Kind of catch 22 to have people when they are racing out of state, just sayin.

I have been to plenty of "national feel" tracks, the secret ingredient is racers, just add people. Kind of catch 22 to have people when they are racing out of state, just sayin.

No no. The battle last year had that feel. I'm talking about tracks like Lincoln trails new bomber track....red bud...millville....muddy creek and even tomahawk. The tracks are huge. You can be racing a guy for a spot and never get closer than 10 feet to him because the track is 30' wide everywhere. Elevation changes on every part of the track. The feel of how the track races is different. Don't get me wrong....BC is without a doubt the closest thing in Ohio to that and Beans is not far behind either. Both are awesome for different reasons but still lack that national track feel by just one level.

Any chance of Sellards dusting off the gear and mixing it up with the fast boys ? On a 2 stroke maybe ? Ya out there Brock ? Was thinking of stopping out but I would be there for sure to see that !

Track is still packed tight and everything is running off. We have had lots of showers this week but when we got to the track today it was bone dry. We just got a shower but as long as we have the track packed in, no big deal. Things will be awesome tomorrow. If there has to be a Round of the battle with the possibly for some sketchy weather, there is no track in Ohio with better drainage or more equipment to make things the best they can be.

No rain here last night and by the looks of the radar the last storm cell on the radar went just north of us. Hopefully we can get practice in and get the track graded and put the roller to work before the possibility of any evening showers.

Track conditions. We got a big shower at the end of practice yesterday = 5 hours on the dozer scraping off the top 3 inches trying to get the track prepared for the rain that was suppose to come. Well we never got another drop. Yay!! We are heading out to chisel now. Track will be good!

Those are for this weekend. Also remember kids the 5 foot trophys are in addition to these.

Great weekend...track was great. Jason and crew did a great job.

Jason, don't take this wrong as you are a dear friend and a class act, but the 5 ft. trophy and picking it by a ping pong ball is garbage. I don't see the point in a kid going 1-1 with 2 holeshots watching that go to the kid that got 4th in his class. Promotes the problem in society that all get a trophy, and in this case, the kid that straight up wins, walks with less. This just does not make sense to the kid that wins the class. It is not like the tracks have 5ft. trophy days regularly. I think, you wait until the end of the 3 race serious and give the 5 ft. trophy to the over all winner, you give them to the top 3 or so in the class, or you do not have them at all. Too hard to explain this to the kids that go 1-1 and a random ping pong ball decides it.
I know several classes that the kids that won..ended up watching the 4th or 5th over all place rider walk with it. Sorry, but these little guys, as you know, don't understand how winning the overall does not result in the top prize for the day. An adult gets it and can move past this..a 9 year old does not get past it soo easy.

Great weekend...track was great. Jason and crew did a great job.

Jason, don't take this wrong as you are a dear friend and a class act, but the 5 ft. trophy and picking it by a ping pong ball is garbage. I don't see the point in a kid going 1-1 with 2 holeshots watching that go to the kid that got 4th in his class. Promotes the problem in society that all get a trophy, and in this case, the kid that straight up wins, walks with less. This just does not make sense to the kid that wins the class. It is not like the tracks have 5ft. trophy days regularly. I think, you wait until the end of the 3 race serious and give the 5 ft. trophy to the over all winner, you give them to the top 3 or so in the class, or you do not have them at all. Too hard to explain this to the kids that go 1-1 and a random ping pong ball decides it.
I know several classes that the kids that won..ended up watching the 4th or 5th over all place rider walk with it. Sorry, but these little guys, as you know, don't understand how winning the overall does not result in the top prize for the day. An adult gets it and can move past this..a 9 year old does not get past it soo easy.
I can see how this could go either way. Jack was actually thrilled to see another kid in his class get the big one. He was more excited picking from the swag table than anything else, although it took him 10 minutes to decide. Zman, I got to watch your boy today, he is a smooth little flying machine!

Back