Battle Series by the numbers...

Probably the most troubling class for me is 50cc junior.....I don't quite follow why its so low. All the others I get it.

The reason is oma been allowing senior bikes to race junior classes this was brought to the attention at the beginning of the year, junior class any where else does not allow senior 50 in the junior class

The reason is oma been allowing senior bikes to race junior classes this was brought to the attention at the beginning of the year, junior class any where else does not allow senior 50 in the junior class

As soon as you find me a suitable wife...this will be fixed! Haha! Do you mean letting sr. size machines in jr. or racing the two classes together at times? Be more specific please!

So there are people still getting away with running the sr bike in jr class, and thats why people arent coming to race jr? Just making sure i understand this.

This was awesome, sorry Kurt......

That girl flat out beat us, I came to grips with it 3 corners after her pass....even thanked her when I saw her in the infield tunnel.

...and yes, that's "probably" why it was staggered for the second moto. =-)

Do away with any un-needed classes. Vet Sport is a un-needed class. Give me one good reason why any vet in vet sport can not ride 30 or 40+?

You're un-needed...damn politicians...=-)

I'm going to be 50 and don't want to be another obstacle on the track for Blair and DeMastry to use in their battles.

So I propose a 50+ class with the caveat that you will be eligible if you turn 50 in that calendar year.

John259 someday you will be 50 and you will understand.

So there are people still getting away with running the sr bike in jr class, and thats why people arent coming to race jr? Just making sure i understand this.

Yes, I believe so. The rule was based on age, not bike...and I think it was another loophole in the rulebook that some parents used with the excuse that they already spent big money on a Sr bike so their kid can ride Jr class. I'm sure we'll spend a great amount of time rewriting the 50 area.

The 50 class has always been a confusion for me. We had a problem with Chris being so big so we purchased the Sr. 50 KTM for that reason. He ran 5 beginner classes but as we won all of them we quickly moved him to the Jr. class....his third race out he was protested because of the bike. He wasn't winning, not even close! So we moved him to the Sr. class but then had to buy a cobra just so he could be competitive. Consequently we went through 3 bikes in one season. PW, Sr. 50, Cobra. Of course that was many, many years ago. Point being the child should be on a bike that fits the child if the child is going to ride safely.

My 2 cents.. Vet Classes should be separated for this reason. A class vet riders race for money and do not need B and C riders in the way of those guys battling for money. B and C riders can't compete with the A riders at all. Kinda makes racing for any reason pointless. If you tell me you enjoy racing to get your ass handed to ya your a liar. I know the oma had a low count of vet riders due to this class structure, I know the current classes will make you a better rider. These old A riders haul some major ass. And they are comfortable doing it..The other 90% of the class is not comfortable going that fast. Again this is to give fair racing across the board. I agree no vet sport, Just break the racers to the appropriate classes.

It pains me to say this but go with the AMA rules on this one. It is clear cut and by now most everyone understands it. It is a shame that the one age where we should be trying to get kids into racing we have more rules and options then any other age group. That is why I would go with 2 classes. 50 Jr 4-6 and 50 Sr. and ride any bike you want. If parents don't use common sense and keep there child on the correct bike... Fine... we will go back to ONE 50 class and everyone rides a PW.

I assume the light turn out in 50 Jr is for the reasons stated before. I have been to several races here in the southern half of the state and the Jr class ALWAYS has 11 to 15 kids. and they use AMA rules.

Ok so I guess I still don't understand. What Vet A riders are getting caught up in the Vet B / C riders? What Vet guys are getting jumped on? Let use Chillitown as an example. In 40+ Mike Jones walked the dog, He jumped that "way to big for any good" high speed triple every lap and NEVER landed on anyone. Hell even Blair busted it out one time and he didn't land on anyone. Once the gate drops the "A" riders will separate themselves pretty easy. Now if you want them to be "Separate class" and still run together then I think that is fine, but not a separate moto.
If I can drag my fat ass up on the treadmill a few times this winter and lose 50lbs. I will be out there with you in the Old fart class come 2014. And I will have no problem racing with all A/B/C guys. (We should be old enough to know better.) And I for sure do not want to put all that effort and money into something just to ride 4 laps and set around for 6 hours because there are so many classes. That's my 2 cents for the 15th time... Guess I own someone $.30

Guys, I hope this helps.

I got to tell you about the experience my son and I had up at Redbud two weeks ago for their state championship race. Sign up started at 7 and practice started at 9 sharp. I signed my son up in two of the 85 classes. He then got two practices even though he was running the same bike. Practice was 5 laps per practice. They ran I believe six or seven practices. Racing started right after practice. There was a total of 18 motos and they ran 4 laps per moto. At the end of the day my son got 10 laps of practice and 16 laps of racing for a total of 26 laps. Talk about getting your moneys worth and they were done at 4:30.

I am posting a picture of the race order on the big track.(Sorry, I can't get the picture to rotate properly). They have a separate track that they run the beginners and 50 classes on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 155
My 2 cents.. Vet Classes should be separated for this reason. A class vet riders race for money and do not need B and C riders in the way of those guys battling for money. B and C riders can't compete with the A riders at all. Kinda makes racing for any reason pointless. If you tell me you enjoy racing to get your ass handed to ya your a liar. I know the oma had a low count of vet riders due to this class structure, I know the current classes will make you a better rider. These old A riders haul some major ass. And they are comfortable doing it..The other 90% of the class is not comfortable going that fast. Again this is to give fair racing across the board. I agree no vet sport, Just break the racers to the appropriate classes.

I think our Vet classes performed ok. Not stellar, but ok. so your saying we should do a 30+A class, so those three (or less) can race for money, and thus we would get the same number of riders left over in plain old 30+........hmmmmm......I don't think so. Now if your telling me that our Vet classes will go through the roof by splitting them into A, then regular, I ask where is an example in Ohio of that?

This is not adding any more classes at all.. You had more than 3 so called A riders in your 30+ at the battle..Get ride of the Vet sport and make it 30+ B/C This is not adding anything to your Run List or making the day any longer per say. You still have a 30+ class as well, now its a money class. You can run them together like you do now, Hmmmmmm.... I think so.

This is not adding any more classes at all.. You had more than 3 so called A riders in your 30+ at the battle..Get ride of the Vet sport and make it 30+ B/C This is not adding anything to your Run List or making the day any longer per say. You still have a 30+ class as well, now its a money class. You can run them together like you do now, Hmmmmmm.... I think so.

You are right, we did have a lot of fast guys at the Battle, but I would be willing to bet that not even half of them would race 30A, that's the problem.....I have seen it, even back in the D11 days, you would have 4-6 A's and 20 B/C's, now what kind of attraction is watching 4-6 Vet A riders, why as a promoter would I pay for that? Its the same as offering Quad A on a regular basis, there just aren't enough to justify it.

Hmmm....Aren't you one of the SANDBAGGERS that ran 40 Sport last year? Hypocrite!

I'm sure Mr Gibson, Kuchler, Agin, would have liked to have received money for their efforts. And I'm positive That Demastry, Blair, and others would have run the class. And you can't expect people That are B and C class riders to stand a fighting chance against any of the said riders AT ALL. They are really great riders and deserve a class for themselves..

All I kept hearing last year was how the racing was going to be longer and better with OMXA. So far, I have not seen it. Take a look at what I wrote about Redbud. Look at the running order. If they can do it then there's no reason why you guys can't. Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but it just the way I feel.

All I kept hearing last year was how the racing was going to be longer and better with OMXA. So far, I have not seen it. Take a look at what I wrote about Redbud. Look at the running order. If they can do it then there's no reason why you guys can't. Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but it just the way I feel.

We ran 4-5 lap motos at the Battle, and didn't cut laps.....Yes we did race til 7:00, but if we had 18 motos (vs 23) like RB we would have been done in about the same amount of time. You would have seen it had you raced in Ohio last weekend. Comparatively speaking I think its true when you compare us to our counterparts in Ohio.

Back