Battle Series by the numbers...

I'm sure Mr Gibson, Kuchler, Agin, would have liked to have received money for their efforts. And I'm positive That Demastry, Blair, and others would have run the class. And you can't expect people That are B and C class riders to stand a fighting chance against any of the said riders AT ALL. They are really great riders and deserve a class for themselves..

Thanks for your input Mike.

Red Bud ran 30 b/c with 50 plus, 30+ with 45+, and 40b/c with Vet sport.......what if someone got jumped on?? That's sarcasm. D11 have run 30+ and 40+ forever. They used to score A separate, but it was never a separate class, and only had 2 or 3 riders max paying 80% payback.

I just see no need to separate the VET classes. It would make the class larger, and make the racing in the class better in my opinion. There are no safety issues with it at all.

Hey, I have been on the record for a long time saying 9 or ten classes... I just revised it to meet the requirements for quads. NOW this is perfect... I even did moto start times for everyone. So no bitching about "why was the running order a secret" This is not sarcasm. Just my dream moto day.

A102:20
250 B / C10:252:45
50 Jr./ Sr.10:453:05
85 Jr / 85 Sr113:20
25+ / 16-2411:203:40
40+ / Women11:404:00
Schoolboy11:554:15
6512:154:35
30+12:304:50
Supermini12:505:10
450 B / C1:105:30
Quad1:305:50
Intermission1:50 - 2:20

<colgroup><col width="93" style="width: 70pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3401;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="2"> <tbody>
</tbody>

This is an even better dream:

40+ / Women11:4012:40

<tbody>
</tbody>

100% payback 15 - 20th

Red Bud ran 30 b/c with 50 plus, 30+ with 45+, and 40b/c with Vet sport.......what if someone got jumped on?? That's sarcasm. D11 have run 30+ and 40+ forever. They used to score A separate, but it was never a separate class, and only had 2 or 3 riders max paying 80% payback.

I just see no need to separate the VET classes. It would make the class larger, and make the racing in the class better in my opinion. There are no safety issues with it at all.

RedBud had a Vet Sport....wtf? LOL!

We ran 4-5 lap motos at the Battle, and didn't cut laps.....Yes we did race til 7:00, but if we had 18 motos (vs 23) like RB we would have been done in about the same amount of time. You would have seen it had you raced in Ohio last weekend. Comparatively speaking I think its true when you compare us to our counterparts in Ohio.

Jeremy, how did you run practice? Just curious.

Is it that the day is to long? Not enough ride time? If those are the cases then what is the answer? I like the fact that my son got 2 practices and long motos. Back in the day we all ways got 2 practices and 5 to 4 lap races.

Plenty of opinions on this already but I have to say I'm in favor of one +40 class. After being injured earlier this year, I decided to race Vet Sport for my first race back (Beans 4th of July race) just to see how I felt and where I stood. Vet sport and +40 was same gate drop (not staggered...same gate drop) and thus, it was like running one +40 class (though scored separately). There were no issues and it was great. As usual, the fast guys separated themselves pretty quickly from the rest of the pack. I understand the issue with being a b/c rider (me) and racing A guys. On the flip side however, I look at the results of +40 and in general, it's the same few guys getting 1st, 2nd, 3rd with only a handful or so of guys in the class (excluding the Battle series). Depending on the track, I can almost guess who'll show up and where I'd finish. Just not much excitement in that. I'd rather have 10, 15, 20+ guys on the line and going at it. Sure, they'll be A guys there that will smoke me. That's racing. Good to know where I stand, what I need to work on and then set goals to get better. I went to TVLand for Vet day and got smoked. But 20 guys on the line and getting to line up with the likes of a Dave Hand. That was fun. I didn't know half of the names there. So you line up and push your hardest. I get the comment regarding showing up and getting your a$$ handed to you all the time is no fun. But I'd rather line up and race 20 guys, some fast and some slow, then show up and race 5 guys and know that, barring some accident or bike problems, I'm destined for 4th or 5th place before the gate drops.

Jeremy, how did you run practice? Just curious.

Is it that the day is to long? Not enough ride time? If those are the cases then what is the answer? I like the fact that my son got 2 practices and long motos. Back in the day we all ways got 2 practices and 5 to 4 lap races.

We ran the following groups on Sunday morning:
1.Quad
2. 65cc
3. Mini Quad
4. 50cc
5. Pro Bike (A class)
6. B Bike #1
7. C Bike #1
8. 85cc/Supermini
9. B. Bike #2
10. C Bike #2

I'm a little foggy on the order but it was something like that. Each practice above was 4 laps. I remember the old two practice deal....most people went out in the second one so they wouldn't get as muddy. That was real effective on getting people out there.

Plenty of opinions on this already but I have to say I'm in favor of one +40 class. After being injured earlier this year, I decided to race Vet Sport for my first race back (Beans 4th of July race) just to see how I felt and where I stood. Vet sport and +40 was same gate drop (not staggered...same gate drop) and thus, it was like running one +40 class (though scored separately). There were no issues and it was great. As usual, the fast guys separated themselves pretty quickly from the rest of the pack. I understand the issue with being a b/c rider (me) and racing A guys. On the flip side however, I look at the results of +40 and in general, it's the same few guys getting 1st, 2nd, 3rd with only a handful or so of guys in the class (excluding the Battle series). Depending on the track, I can almost guess who'll show up and where I'd finish. Just not much excitement in that. I'd rather have 10, 15, 20+ guys on the line and going at it. Sure, they'll be A guys there that will smoke me. That's racing. Good to know where I stand, what I need to work on and then set goals to get better. I went to TVLand for Vet day and got smoked. But 20 guys on the line and getting to line up with the likes of a Dave Hand. That was fun. I didn't know half of the names there. So you line up and push your hardest. I get the comment regarding showing up and getting your a$$ handed to you all the time is no fun. But I'd rather line up and race 20 guys, some fast and some slow, then show up and race 5 guys and know that, barring some accident or bike problems, I'm destined for 4th or 5th place before the gate drops.

We need more of this!!!! I like his attitude.

I'm with Day and Mosher... 15th -20th payback... Yea I'll wait. I guess I should have said 25+ and 30+ vet classes.. 40+ is always a melting pot of riders, I have no problem lining up against anyone, Will for sure give it my all, As I like the challenge as well and would love to see full gates like Red Bud had this year. I know of at least 5 to 8 more vet riders that would have been to more races in the OMA season if the class structure was as mentioned at the beginning of this post. Some of the people with opinions haven't been at many of the races so far this year. I think to me it sounds like some people want a vet class with no separation of any A-B-C riders. Well I see a class that usually has the most riders at certain events and loosing your B/C riders totally by not listening to your customers. We all have our own ideas on what should be done that's for sure, The OMA will survive.. IF it listens and weighs all good opinion's and Bad ones as well. I hope for all us racers sake that a committee is formed (which I'm sure it has) and listen to your customers. Because if you don't, someone else will. = No threats intended at all when writing this post =

Leave Vet Sport! For all the reasons previously listed and why it was originally added as a class. Plus, in a way, Red Bud Vet Fest does have a Vet Sport class, its the non points C Classes.

I race at Red Bud Vet Fest because I drive 6 hours to ride an awesome track and drink all weekend with my friends, which is the same reason I raced the Battle last year.

I have almost no racing experience and do not want to be out on the track with a large gate of B/C riders with half of them really being A riders. I don't want to be pushed! I don't want more than 20 guys on the gate because the first turn pile up scares the s**t out of me. I have been busted up to many times and just want to go home safe. The Vet Sport and non points C classes have a place and usually have a lot of riders in them because they are all like me.
Many riders fall into the "Practice rider" and not the "Racer" and the Vet Sport and Non point C Classes were developed to draw these riders into race day.
Plenty of people like me out there so don't alienate a pretty large group

Plenty of people like me out there so don't alienate a pretty large group[/QUOTE]

Let me take this one.... please.... "Alienate the large group" guess what? Adding classes slows the day down, reduces track time for everyone, raises costs for promoters, promotes the "Everyone is a winner" bullshit mentality. Alienate the large group? your right, it alienates everyone else that in not running in those made up, Im ok your ok, raa raa, orange slices for everyone classes.

MAN, I feel better. Make a class for *******s, I will holeshot and win every time.

Leave Vet Sport! For all the reasons previously listed and why it was originally added as a class. Plus, in a way, Red Bud Vet Fest does have a Vet Sport class, its the non points C Classes.

I race at Red Bud Vet Fest because I drive 6 hours to ride an awesome track and drink all weekend with my friends, which is the same reason I raced the Battle last year.

I have almost no racing experience and do not want to be out on the track with a large gate of B/C riders with half of them really being A riders. I don't want to be pushed! I don't want more than 20 guys on the gate because the first turn pile up scares the s**t out of me. I have been busted up to many times and just want to go home safe. The Vet Sport and non points C classes have a place and usually have a lot of riders in them because they are all like me.
Many riders fall into the "Practice rider" and not the "Racer" and the Vet Sport and Non point C Classes were developed to draw these riders into race day.
Plenty of people like me out there so don't alienate a pretty large group

X2....and add a 50+. Seems to me the only guys wanting less classes are the guys who are finishing top 5 or so, and they're gonna do that whether there is 15 on the gate or 25~30. It just fills their ego better if there's more. Since everyone's voicing opinions, and they're just like a$$holes, everyone has one, that's mine.

first turn pile ups? I would rather be on a gate with A/B riders, that are less likely to have a first turn pile up than with a bunch of C riders with no experience. Those are the ones jumping on people and having first turn pile ups. Knox......I will race you hard for the holeshot on *******s!

Just so Im clear, the argument here is whether we should differentiate the Vet 30 class from A vs B/C or A/B vs C ? Why not leave it like it is and call it "Fearless 30" and "I dont wanna race with fearless 30"?

Let me take this one.... please.... "Alienate the large group" guess what? Adding classes slows the day down, reduces track time for everyone, raises costs for promoters, promotes the "Everyone is a winner" bullshit mentality. Alienate the large group? your right, it alienates everyone else that in not running in those made up, Im ok your ok, raa raa, orange slices for everyone classes.

MAN, I feel better. Make a class for *******s, I will holeshot and win every time.[/QUOTE]

I hate the " Everyone is a winner" bullshit and thats not what I am talking about. If cutting classes is needed there are plenty of other classes that can be cut and not the Vet Sport / C Class.

"Alienate the large group" is great logic and I look forward to your post when more tracks are closing.

Random though, but not necessarily my opinion:

Could the mini-bike classes and select other classes race on the "C" track? Maybe we could call it the "Vet Track" or "Intermediate Track" like they do at some tracks in Cali? I know the idea has its draw backs, but there would be some benefits? Or not?

I NEVER want a track to close. That is the last thing I am getting at. First of all, I started this by just throwing out data because the current tracks have a big job ahead of them on trying to improve (and hopefully grow) the organization. I believe the OMA was put together with the thought of good tracks, repaired well, providing a better "race day" experience, resulting in larger numbers of riders which equals more $$$ for the promoters and tracks.
Few people enjoy bench racing more then I. Most of us can set around with a beer in our hand and talk about "how fast I was" for hours, if not days. BUT, everyone wants to get more bang for the buck. Without a dout, my "bang" is more track time for the same price.
If I sign up now in two classes (with the current 27 classes) I will get 3 or 4 laps of practice and two, 4 lap motos. That gets me 19 to 20 laps total for the day and I spent $40 for two classes. If there were only...lets say... 13 classes, I could still ride two classes, but there would be 25 to 45% more time available for the day. So I end up with 25 to 29 laps and I still spent the same $40.

The tracks still get my money, I get more laps. Dare I say, "Win Win"

Look, EVERYONE wants to win or at least challenge for a win. That's why we race. I get that some guys in the "age" classes will never do that against ex or current Pro riders. But at 35 years of age, are you really that worried about a plastic trophy? And even at that, I am fine with having 30+A, 30+B, 30+C, 30+Sport, Fearless 30+, 30+ with blue eyes and my fav class, 30+ One ear donkey, AS LONG AS THEY ALL RUN TOGETHER IN ONE MOTO.

Back