Recently deceased tracks.

Dozer440

PR Member
After reading the comments about senic highlands I starting thinking about the tracks that I used to ride at ten plus years ago. I only raced senic once and my first thought was how big the track was! But you also can't forget the hill climb just to get into the place. Anyways.. How many of you guys remember beachwood trails or hangtime raceway in Norwalk? Does anyone have any pics of these tracks? Back when I was racing all the time we video taped all of our races but never a practice. As far as I can remember I don't think these places hosted any races. If they did for some reason I never made it out to a race.

I really miss spokes and spring valley.. I do remember Beachwood and loconn too.. country hills.. that one out by Salinesville.. tthere's alota goners.. specially miss Millers..

Tracks in central and southern Ohio = Honda Hills and Wild Wilderness

I work for a farmer that farms right beside Honda hills , I walked up to the track at the top in the spring when we was planting corn there r rain ruts that would swallow a truck all over the track ,,,,was sad to c spent a lot of my time there when I was a kid

What about Outlaw that place had some sweet soil......Indian Mound...And Millers to this day Hands down the sickest back yard track ever built....Big Daddy....forward and reverse....single to table....the road double.....only place that can compete is Hitchcocks....even they are tamed down now!

I really miss spokes and spring valley.. I do remember Beachwood and loconn too.. country hills.. that one out by Salinesville.. tthere's alota goners.. specially miss Millers..

The one out by Salinesville was Pleasant Ridge I think. Spring Valley and Spokes were great too.

Glen Estee, Happy Hollow, Holeshot Hills, Kenworthy's, Honda Hills, Wild Wilderness, Muskegon Valley, Drew's first and second Action sports, Action Sports natural terrain, Echo Hills, Highland Hills, Supercross track between Waverly and Portsmouth (Cant remember the name)... That's just off the top of my head in southern ohio....

SAD, very sad

Glen Estee, Happy Hollow, Holeshot Hills, Kenworthy's, Honda Hills, Wild Wilderness, Muskegon Valley, Drew's first and second Action sports, Action Sports natural terrain, Echo Hills, Highland Hills, Supercross track between Waverly and Portsmouth (Cant remember the name)... That's just off the top of my head in southern ohio....

SAD, very sad

If it's the same place you're thinking. That SX track around Portsmouth that ran back in the late 80's was awesome. That place would be packed with spectators, as there was nothing else to do around there. Remember they sold beer and you'd occasionally see a fight. Good times! I have some photos from me racing an 89 YZ 125 in day-glo pink Sinisalo gear. I need to find those.

That sounds like it.. I only went there 2 or 3 times... had a sweet double in the middle of the track that had a down hill take off. Besides the hillbilly fights I do remember the track being VERY dark. I think they used Edison's ordinal bulb to light the place.

Anybody remember Valley View Saturday Nite track @ Malvern

I remember this one. Just this past Sunday (sitting at Malvern) I was telling my wife how there were 2 tracks at Malvern when we were kids. I liked that Saturday night track.
Another track that never had the greatest MX but was always on the schedule when I was a kid was Grand Prix Raceway. Whatever happened to that place? They actually had good harescrambles there.

I miss broken spokes and scenic from my recent years and from my way back in the day years I miss Mathias raceway. Wish that was still going considering we got into flat track.

Grand Prix is actually a housing development on the top half and the bottom have.

No they closed it again. Since my family sold it, it has changed hands two times. Both owners have cut trees and not did anything to the track. Super sad for me since I all but grew up there. Wish we still had it.

I was out by where Frankfort us to be not that long ago. We went to some small rinky dink dirt track to watch paint dry... oh, I mean car races. Could not remember where it was, thought it was in like a park or something..

Drew had Lost hollow too I believe for a while. Broken Spokes, Grumpy Valley, Quick Sand, Lost or Hidden Acres outside of Newark, Highland Lakes......

Back