Recently deceased tracks.

Beechwood Trails was a fun track. I just told a story of that place tonight at a friend's wake. I paced off down the hill how far some of the fast guys jumped, about 160 ft. My son first passed me on that jump and after that I could never catch him. Very fond memories. Elson street park was a hole way back about 02. I ruined a new bike there. They had some cool hill climbs and watching some 4 wheelers climb was very entertaining. RIP Tom T, #616.

Beechwood Trails was a fun track. I just told a story of that place tonight at a friend's wake. I paced off down the hill how far some of the fast guys jumped, about 160 ft. My son first passed me on that jump and after that I could never catch him. Very fond memories. Elson street park was a hole way back about 02. I ruined a new bike there. They had some cool hill climbs and watching some 4 wheelers climb was very entertaining. RIP Tom T, #616.
Beechwood was awesome. I thought it was around 150 or 160. I just got on to a big bike there. My first ride on my 125 was there. Definitely called that place my home away from home. My dad would take me out there to ride every weekend. I never got out to locon but I heard that place was just as cool. Wayne County hates dirt bike tracks.

Got to ride both Beechwood & Locon back in the day, tracks had some cool jumps&good dirt, also Locon had some of the blackest dirt. Uphill step up was really cool at Beechwood!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the mcarthur track, norm puts on a fair race now there but it's nothing like it used to be.

Country hills was so fun I loved that lady who took the money!!! Anyone mention Indian mound I got tons of video of that place...and OUTLAW!

Country hills was so fun I loved that lady who took the money!!! Anyone mention Indian mound I got tons of video of that place...and OUTLAW!
The owners of country hills had two daughters and one of them was racing a couple years ago. The owners got a divorce and the land and house was sold. Indian mound.. those were the days.. what happened to that place? It was so much fun. That dude that ran the place would always walk around and ask if the track needed groomed. If you said it did, he'd be out there in 10 mins prepping it. Lol. That track was so fun. I have tons of videos of both places as well.

Indian Mound is now a paved parking area for the new business that resides there. The hill has been logged as well. Looks completely different. I miss that place, and Country Hills, and Beachwood, and ... Hopefully we won't be saying that about Malvern next year.

Austinburg, OH? Not sure on that one.... one place we rode for a couple of winters was at the old Silica Sand Rd area that I think is now part of the Jeepskool place, that was all sand from a glass making plant. It was near Hiram College somewhere and it was fun in the middle of winter when there was nowhere else to ride. I miss Scenic Highlands the most of all the tracks in Ohio. I also miss the old 611 / Lorain Dump, which has lots of riding days for me growing up.

I've been as MIA as many of these tracks recently. I rode Red Bud Vet Fest last August and then wasn't on my mike again until June 1 this year for a Wednesday night at Smith Rd. And that was a 1 off night, trying to get in some Smith Rd / Apple Cabin nights in here before Red Bud Vet Fest this year, as I'm sure that will be my only race of the year this season. Between buying / selling a house, moving, my son's other sports (hockey, baseball, lacrosse), and trying to keep my business going...... I've had no time to ride, race, or even think about MX very much this year. But I'll make my annual showing to Vet Fest and plan on riding 4 classes and having some fun while I'm there!

Norwalk Raceway Park was the place that I jumped my very first Double on my 1981 KX 80!!!! Cool place way way back!

Anybody remember a track in Austinburg, Ohio? I can't remember the name. Never was alive to race it. But I ride snowmobiles on the bicycle trail that goes by there and the ground looks of an eerily old grown up mx track.

Where the hell has Rocket Robin been? He would know, Ian Gilchrist talked about that track one time I just forgot the name.
Hey Georgie! Just stumbled onto the site. How cool is it to see these old tracks are used to race out when I grew up in Northeast Ohio! My brother and I lived in a town called Ravenna not far from Austinurg. I rode a 250cc CZ. I still remember the smell of Blendzall in the air along with a 100cc class that was dominated by Hodaka super rats!

Those were definitely the days. I know you dropped this in a few years ago but it sure was great to stumble onto it. Also friends with Gary Semics who I met there and have run into over the years at races.

I also raced at Bel Mesa in West Virginia. Another cool, hilly track with a lot of switchbacks. Good times!!

The attached photo was when I switched to an RM 250 Suzuki and raced at both Ohio International and Barnhill raceway in my hometown of Ravenna.... Take Care

Attachments

• 0DA6824B-2100-4C28-92FA-1CFD5949E322.jpeg
    0DA6824B-2100-4C28-92FA-1CFD5949E322.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 104
Hey Georgie! Just stumbled onto the site. How cool is it to see these old tracks are used to race out when I grew up in Northeast Ohio! My brother and I lived in a town called Ravenna not far from Austinurg. I rode a 250cc CZ. I still remember the smell of Blendzall in the air along with a 100cc class that was dominated by Hodaka super rats!

Those were definitely the days. I know you dropped this in a few years ago but it sure was great to stumble onto it. Also friends with Gary Semics who I met there and have run into over the years at races.

I also raced at Bel Mesa in West Virginia. Another cool, hilly track with a lot of switchbacks. Good times!!

The attached photo was when I switched to an RM 250 Suzuki and raced at both Ohio International and Barnhill raceway in my hometown of Ravenna.... Take Care
Where you call home now ?

Back