Recently deceased tracks.

MX099

PR Addict
Erie County Fieldhouse, Wattsburg Fairgrounds, Limits, Harborwoods, and Huggie Bear (Hughes MX). All in western PA closed in the 80's

Double D

PR Founding Father
Passed by Zero Gravity a few times in the last month. off turnpike. i think that is the name.

They are building stuff and fixed the track and it looks like it is open again.

stangbro01

PR Addict
I always loved shecks mx, the natural jumps and Hills were a blast! And broken spokes, I put many laps there in my supermini years!

663dad

PR Addict
Drew had Lost hollow too I believe for a while. Broken Spokes, Grumpy Valley, Quick Sand, Lost or Hidden Acres outside of Newark, Highland Lakes......

Highland lakes is now Buckeye Hills and will be open in a few weeks for fall rides. The track will be revamped and irrigation in place for 2014 and open twice a month

MXracn746

PR Addict
Some tracks I rode at not included on the list were ( and some I only remember the location) : Saint Clairsville Motor Speedway MX, Morristown Speedway MX, Shoaf MX in PA, Rocky Ridge MX near Imperial PA. Motordrome Speedway in Smithton, PA, Brownsville City Park ( on the old golf course!) Ascot speedway in L.A., Carlsbad, Sunrise Cycle park, Ventura Co Speedway.

firehawkmph

PR Member
I raced from 72-83. Barnhill raceway in between streetsboro and Ravenna, Meadowview raceway on Frost road, Charleston raceway, right around the corner from OIR, Cloverleaf speedway in Valleyview, Norwalk raceway next to the dragstrip, the original Mid-Ohio rack where they ran the GPs, Mespo moto in Mesopotamia, Grand Prix in Canal Fulton, some place in Coshocton, can't remember the name of that one, only that is was dusty as hell. I raced at the original OIR track back when they had great dirt, Malvern when it was a fairly new track, again with fantastic loamy topsoil, Smith Road every other Sunday and twice on holidays. Lot of good tracks back then.
Mike Hawkins

JMOORE330

PR Addict
As i read threads like this i think and ponder on things... Sounds llike ohio had like 100mx tracks at one time or another. What has happend to the state and the tracks. Y are they gone? Its like girlfriends they come, they r awesome, then they leave lol

iMoto23

PR Member
Hangtime is completely gone. the guy who ran it killed himself so they torn down the whole track. its just an empty field though. I live like 5 mins from there though and we have a track... if ya ever wanna come out and ride.

ahrma479

PR Member
Nickles Cycle ranch, Rick Case Raceway (next to Mathias along I 77), KOK riding area above Mathias Raceway. Buckeye Raceway, Browns Valley (only had 1 hare scramble). Seneca Lake Raceway, Abners Yamaha Hills, Brimstone ( near Marietta)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I went to a regional in 1981 at a track in Salem? Or Canton not sure, I was 10.. Anyone know what track that was? That was the last year the national was some place other then 'LL. Reedsville NC was a nice track

Crash-N-Burn

PR Member
Indeed. Witnessing motocross tracks go under is much like watching your dog getting struck by an eighteen wheeler. Not that I have time to ride, but intentions include buying a few acres around the New Concord area and constructing a small supercross style track.

Dozer440

PR Member
For some reason I always liked Wayne county speedway on Friday nights. It was a fun small track. Does anyone have pics that they can post of any of these tracks that have been mentioned? If I had the equipment and knowledge of how to transfer VHS to a computer I would be able to upload hours of video from 98 to 2002!

I remember the track at Wayne county speedway. The issue there was the lime (I believe) they used in their dirt. It pitted the bikes if you didn't get it cleaned off quick enough. Real problem there.
It is sad when you remember having all these various tracks to go to and now it seems it is Malvern, Malvern, Malvern. Not meaning this is bad for Malvern and he has done a good job of bringing that track around but it gets a little boring after a time. Pretty soon everyone has the track so dialed that the competition just isn't there and traveling around is just too expensive.

hershey

PR Elite
I remember the track at Wayne county speedway. The issue there was the lime (I believe) they used in their dirt. It pitted the bikes if you didn't get it cleaned off quick enough. Real problem there.

Went to a mud race there one night with my 2 week old yz125. I didnt know about the lime issue and when I washed it the next day I almost cried! Every bit of aluminum was forever etched. THe carb, spokes, hubs, engine cases, the frame and hubs all looked years old!~

MX099

PR Addict
Anyone remember Wattsburg Fairgrounds on Friday nights? Every fourth night you ran backwards. And if your wondering about the flow on the backwards nights, no it didn't flow. But that was the fun of it.

Chinn150

PR Member
Wolfcreek MX ran night races way down in proctorville several years and I remember raccoon creek mx was a d11 track 1 year

TruckerG162

PR Member
was the track in salem western reserve?? i grew up in salem thats the only track i knew of around here and its still going but they dont do much mx mostly flat track races