Recently deceased tracks.

A shot of Malvern from 1984.

Attachments

• 1984 Malvern.jpg
    1984 Malvern.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 913
Does anyone remember Glassport dumps in PA? Across the river from Clairton. They used to have races there back in the day and now the track is abandoned . I used to ride there with Shane Lawson and other locals who went pro.
I raced almost every race they had. Also went to the KTM open houses that Dirty Harry put on.
Anyone remember Ripley's Thunder Ridge Raceway down in Ripley WV, along with Big Wheeling Creek Speedway. It was run by the folks up at Rocky Ridge MX. And there was a track up by Ohio County Airport north of Wheeling run by the people at Suzuki of Wheeling. I ran two races at the Marshall County Fairgrounds in '84 in Moundsville, WV. We didn't have the money for trophies so I donated them. Three per class. All the Fair board had to do was buy the little plaques that stick on the front.

Anybody remember a track in Austinburg, Ohio? I can't remember the name. Never was alive to race it. But I ride snowmobiles on the bicycle trail that goes by there and the ground looks of an eerily old grown up mx track.

Where the hell has Rocket Robin been? He would know, Ian Gilchrist talked about that track one time I just forgot the name.

Man reading all these posts makes me remember so many tracks that we were blessed to ride over the years. I know so many of you have been riding way longer than me but so many oft hem I have either ridden of remember my dad talking about going to them (much to my mother's dismay and now my wife's HA!) Way back I remember riding on what was once endless amounts of tracks and trails on what is now lorain county metro parks, that is my throw back. Reading in the first post about hangtime mx in Norwalk jogged so many memories as my brother and cousin were just talking about that, that track was so fun. That place had crazy jumps and speeds for someone who had only ridden behind the house and smith road! I do remember many trips to the ER because of that place haha! Man was it fun though, wish I could go back and ride that place for sure. So many of my favorite tracks have come and gone and even days when I was so mad because I thought the track "sucked" I look back and was like, man, what an amazing and blessed day! Just makes me bummed to have seen so many tracks that my dads friends showed me fade away... scenic, broken spokes, spring valley, area 330, zero gravity, NEMX, lorain county speedway, hangtime mx, and now beans and dirtworld are now in question. So many tracks have gone but so many good ones exist, we are so blessed to have as many as we do in the state that we do. I know there are so may that have gone that I cant even remember. Was awesome to read everyone's posts. Next time you hear me complaining about track conditions remind me of how awesome riding is and how blessed we are to enjoy is because it could be the last time to enjoy that particular place. Thanks to all the track owners and promoters for giving us awesome places to ride and taking a huge risk in a variable market in what I continually get nervous is a dying scene... Everyone be safe and hope to see you all at the indoor tracks this winter!... Indoors is not my specialty but that goodness for those places because I could not make it through the winters without them!!!

Anybody remember a track in Austinburg, Ohio? I can't remember the name. Never was alive to race it. But I ride snowmobiles on the bicycle trail that goes by there and the ground looks of an eerily old grown up mx track.

Where the hell has Rocket Robin been? He would know, Ian Gilchrist talked about that track one time I just forgot the name.

Broke my collarbone there in '77 on a natural uphill might have been a double if I made it but nobody else was stupid
enough to try it. Big turnouts and awesome track in the valley. Rode bicycle down that trail this summer and there's a
house where the start line used to be. They even had a couple high school competitions (I was too old) between local
high schools. There was a regular that that had no right hand, hung onto a loop on that side with his stump and
worked everything with his left.

The last year or two, mid-80s, they moved to a property about 2 miles south, other side of the road. Flat and
sort of boring but lot's of woods so they ran decent hare scrambles. Then the club
disappeared. Wish I could remember the name too, I keep thinking it was RedBird or something but that doesn't
seem right.

Since were bringing back old posts, has anyone mentioned Thunder Valley? Out in the lisbon area i think? That was a long mx/sx style track down the that big valley. One of the most fun tracks ive ever ridden.

I believe Thunder Valley was in East Rochester (not really a town there), about 15 minutes west of Lisbon. Would have been mid 2000's when it closed.

Is Nemx building falling down or something? What is happening there? We passed it a
couple times this year while leaving TV land, looking for food in town. Looks very abandoned.

If a bank owns it, might be a place to investigate more closely.

Riding at Rt 62 yesterday reminded me ALOT of the old Shoaf raceway in Fayette Co. in PA back in the 70's and early '80's. The dirt, the woops, the general track condition. Just saying, was kinda like deja vu, 36 years later

Reading through these old posts, I haven't seen Penny Hollow near Aliquippa PA mentioned. Anyone ever race there?

how about canal fulton-grand prix raceway, meadowview raceway,mid ohio,and Norwalk had a horrible night track and motocross track always dusty.im showing my age now!!!

I remember The lower track or c-track as it was called back around 77-78 at malvern
Spring Valley was my favorite,I turned more laps at that track then any.
Any bone I ever broke was at that track
Got a helicopter ride out of there once after crashing on the uphill triple.
expensive ride too!
Rang my bell pretty good that day
Still have all the trophies from there

How about beechwood trails in wooster? Country hills in Carrollton? Both of those were good tracks. I remember watching guys hit the big table along the treeline at beechwood and landing down the hill. That track was one of a kind. I tried finding the property a few months ago but couldn't remember where to go.
Side note, what happened to elson street riding park? Used to hear horror stories about that place and never got to check it out.

Riding at Rt 62 yesterday reminded me ALOT of the old Shoaf raceway in Fayette Co. in PA back in the 70's and early '80's. The dirt, the woops, the general track condition. Just saying, was kinda like deja vu, 36 years later
I was Born in Fayette county. My dad rememeberes that place!!! Dad was from smock pa

Back