Recently deceased tracks.

Bear Creek trails!! In all seriousness that was when I first started riding.... I remember the first time I climbed the big hill at the amphitheater on my trusty xr200 ... I was hooked after that and started doing mx soon after... Not on that bike.... Lol

Anyone remember Wattsburg Fairgrounds on Friday nights? Every fourth night you ran backwards. And if your wondering about the flow on the backwards nights, no it didn't flow. But that was the fun of it.

I remember Wattsburg,raced there twice in the early 80's. They used to get pretty big turnouts!

was the track in salem western reserve?? i grew up in salem thats the only track i knew of around here and its still going but they dont do much mx mostly flat track races

I don't remember the name of it since it was 32 years ago. All I remember was large flys, sandy loam dirt and winning...lol

Erie County Fieldhouse, Wattsburg Fairgrounds, Limits, Harborwoods, and Huggie Bear (Hughes MX). All in western PA closed in the 80's
These are the places I recall. I still drive by the old fieldhouse area and can remember watching races there. took a while to dawn on me it was the old mx track. what was the name of the place near harborwoods that was in the gravel pits? used to have a lot of built up doubles that were dug out... don't forget about knox pa. ah yesteryear mx!

These tracks are not recently deceased, but deceased much longer: Buckeye Raceway/ Entertainment USA (dust bowl motocross), Gran Prix Raceway in Canal Fulton, Valley View in Malvern, Mathias Raceway (on top of the hill), Mid-Ohio GP track, Wattsburg, PA Friday night MX, Yankee Lake, and many more. My brother and I raced a CRA MX track located on top of a large hill which was quite dusty on Easter back in the mid-1980's. I can't remember the name or where it was located and I am sure it is closed now. Reading these posts bring back some cool memories, but we have some newer tracks today which are pretty sweet too. Make sure you support your tracks!

I remember most of these the only ones I can add, I raced in Lancaster at a track that was a stock car track with the mx track in the infield. a drag strip in mt Vernon that held harescrambles, open throttle in west manfield. one other track by Findlay ohio that I cant remember the name of

Don't forget about Yankee Lake.
Yankee Lake was where I raced the most my first couple years of racing. It was only 10 minutes from my house growing up. Unfortunately, I was standing right at the fence and watched the crash that cost a young man his life. It's been so long, I can't recall his name. I believe that was '84. They closed down either that year or the year after, I think. The area where the track was now hosts a big weekly Truck Night.

Erie County Fieldhouse, Wattsburg Fairgrounds, Limits, Harborwoods, and Huggie Bear (Hughes MX). All in western PA closed in the 80's
Huggie Bear and Harbor Woods. Those were the first tracks I visited before I even started racing. My brother was racing back then on a Suzuki RM125. My biggest memories of those early tracks were the rubber band starting gates. I'm just young enough to have SEEN them, but never actually lined up behind one.

image.jpg
image.jpg
90s stuff

Does anyone remember Glassport dumps in PA? Across the river from Clairton. They used to have races there back in the day and now the track is abandoned . I used to ride there with Shane Lawson and other locals who went pro.

Anybody remember Valley View Saturday Nite track @ Malvern
yes I do, I did not think anyone else ever did, I had fun on that track back in the day I want to say it was 1981, I remember Joel Andrews use to race there when he still raced

I really miss spokes and spring valley.. I do remember Beachwood and loconn too.. country hills.. that one out by Salinesville.. tthere's alota goners.. specially miss Millers..
I really miss Spring Valley I had a lot of good races there

Does anyone remember Glassport dumps in PA? Across the river from Clairton. They used to have races there back in the day and now the track is abandoned . I used to ride there with Shane Lawson and other locals who went pro.

I raced there 1 time in 81 on a Honda CR450 in Open B. Wasn't it like a shale pit? I thought it was real rocky.

1980 Brownsville national motor-dome Lawrence co. fairgrounds green acres rocky ridge shippingport in pa my 1st mx race

I raced there 1 time in 81 on a Honda CR450 in Open B. Wasn't it like a shale pit? I thought it was real rocky.
Yep that's the place, The track was on a hill. Here are some pics from a few year ago. When I rode at dumps there were a set of double doubles at the end of the track. Pictures 3 &4 (from left to right) are where the doubles were at.

Attachments

• IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG