A1 thoughts ....

Looks like the guys with the pit boards ( in the upper right hand corner at the end of the video clip ) gave Stewart high marks on the Olympic scoring scale . Must have been his dismount .

Wonder how many tears were shed when Alessi hung the gate ?

I was really impressed with Reed . He was riding so smooth that he didn't look like he was going that fast . If he gets his confidence up he will be a factor .

Dungey's bike didn't seem to be working spot on from my perspective , although he had some fast laps and his finish was good .

I'm gonna pick RD and Reed to battle it out for the championship . RV and Bubba will take themselves out in my opinion . You just can't ride the ragged edge ALL the time . The law of averages and the laws of physics will catch up with you eventually .Thought it would happen to RV last year and it always happens to Stewart . The rookies and the younger guys will make some noise and maybe take some more wins but consistency will be an issue . 250 class will be just plain nuts ; too tough to call but great to watch . My predictions .

Chris becareful saying bubba should have continued. I got ate up on vital saying he should have salvaged a point if he could have. His bars were bent for gos sake! How can bubba ride with bent bars on a supercross track!!

LMFAO!!! you really are a JS7 hater! Did you see those bars in the pic above your post? I'd like to see you double a 10' gaHeck, you flipped over the bars at Chllitown on your bike with perfect bars!

I dont blame him. Better off getting points for 17th place than ride on a pro sx track and get hurt with bars like that! With 3 laps left he wouldnt have done better than where he was anyway.

Overall - Race was awesome.. the gaps between the top 6 were very slight, so hopefully there will be some awesome racing this year.

Roczen - Impressed, not suprised. I thought he would be a threat immediately... maybe not win A1, but he will be good.

Dungey - Looked pretty good.

RV - Did not check out on Roczen or Reed like i thought he would, and then couldnt even catch anyone after a little tip over - hell, he watched Stewart just walk away from him.

Reed - who is not impressed? No, he wasnt the fastest on the track, but that was a very solid ride. With 7 and 2 keeping it on 2 wheels, he still would have had a very solid 5th, which is better than most people would have said he was going to do this year.

Stewart - Clearly the fastest guy on the track. He looked awesome, if you ask me. I dont get how people are saying that he was out of control, and how he sould have been more patient. Ive watched these races twice now, and ive counted at least 15 times where riders went side by side in the whoops... if we're going to get on stewart about it, then we have to include all of the other riders who took the right side of the whoops. He was no more out of control than RV was when he wrecked, it was just a different type of crash.

Hopefully next week we can see everyone stay on 2 wheels and see some awesome battling!

I'm pulling for RD, CR and JS7 this season. For quite some time I was not a JS7 fan due to that period of time when he had a massive ego and was also coming up with the excuses about how it was out of his control as to why he was a SX only rider on SX only team.

These days, his ego has gotten into check and it's exciting to watch him and his flashes of speed, while at same time having become somewhat of an underdog. I've become a fan again and hope he can find some consistency to go along with his speed before the clock runs out for him (as long as he doesn't break RC all time win record :) )

I didn't know that KW was still doing opening ceremony transfers.

http://instagram.com/p/ix7rk1os4w/

s1200_MG_0862.jpg

Someone mentioned on another sight that they did not think that KW should be doing them since he is not riding. My guess is that KW has so much talent on a bike that he can walk it off, and pretty much knows the speed etc. that he needs to do it at. But I agree with Stacy, he is a bad ass.

Reed looked as smooth as KW Saturday night. Looked like he was riding slow, but yet finished 3rd. It looked pretty effortless to me.

It seems to me that both the Stewart and RV crashes were flukes in the sense that they were in control and then bam. I think it was the unpredictable slickness of the track. I have watched the Stewart crash prolly 20 times...from the rear view, he is straight as an arrow and than one whoop he gets wheel spin and it slides to left and then you know the outcome. RV hit a slick spot too. Stewart was not riding out of control. The Champ went down all on his own with no immediate pressure from a rider. BUT it's racing...

I watched the race by lap charts on my phone...the top guys were so close...gonna be a great season!

Racer X says Tomac is expected to be on the line in Pheonix!

Stewart with the fast lap...58.101! In lap 15 to boot! Roczen, and Poto had fast laps on lap 3, Reed on lap 7 and Dungey on lap 8!

Gonna be a gnarly season! No matter who you like or what not...these guys are the best! BRAP!

I was just thinking about how people where talking up Peick to be a contender. 16th place with alessi getting stuck in the gate to come back and finish ahead of him!?!? Now, maybe im jumping the gun here cause Im not a 100% sure he didnt fall or have any issues, but good thing he didnt get that factory ride that alot of people suggested.

He was doing fine and went down hard on lap 8 or 9. That was what the crowd was yelling about and the talking heads never said a word about it

He was doing fine and went down hard on lap 8 or 9. That was what the crowd was yelling about and the talking heads never said a word about it

I wondered what happened when Ralph and RC both went WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOWWWWW, and then mentioned NOTHING!

Pieck deserved to be riding that Motosport KTM MUCH more than Ivan Tedesco. I still haven't figured that one out. especially since Motosport is helping WP out this year.

Hot Sauce is a nice guy and knows a lot of people. Pieck is a jerk (so I have heard) and has a bad rap... no wonder I like him so much.

Just tried to find Weston Pieck's web page... of course thinking EVERYONE that is a pro should have their own web page and... nothing... WTH?
Does no one know how to market themselves?

Eli Tomac I read will be back in action at Phoenix. So his injury must not have been too serious. I am guessing RV rebounds with a win this week. I don't look for him to be off two weeks in a row.

Back