failed testing

Doesn't meth break down to an amphetamine in your body (methamphetamine)? Maybe James and his posse have dealin', then getting high on his own supply!

Doesn't meth break down to an amphetamine in your body (methamphetamine)? Maybe James and his posse have dealin', then getting high on his own supply!

It's an amphetamine. A stimulant. Central nervous stimulant. I doubt he's getting high off of it. Methamphetamine is an over stimulant. Nothing therapuetic about it.

OK, I have ADD... I could not finish the article before losing complete interest. Look, a shiny nickel.

For someone who always seems to be mouthing off about our sport and ways to make it better its amazing you didnt take the time to seriously read the article and his opinion on how the failure of WADA to recognize varying levels of test failure has damaged other sports and will do so to ours.

Oh well, guess we cant all just sit on the couch and blow hot air.

The point is that Lance Armstrong was an out right cheater. Doped in ways that gave him an unfair advantage. Failed many tests but never got busted. His own admission is what brought him down.

ADHD meds give NO advantage to a person with ADHD. Not filing a TUE was a mistake but in Stewarts situation by the definition of cheating he is not.

Other sports have had people stripped of titles for less ruining life achievments and tarnished sports. Its unfortunate that may happen here. Because of this lack of levels of violations our sport, which is making head way into mainstream, is now looking like every other drama filled, drug doing, wife beating stick and ball sport. I dont know about you but I dont want our sport pictured like that. Whether or not you like Stewart this is a mistake that will change the light in which we are seen if not taken care of properly now.

ADHD meds give NO advantage to a person with ADHD. Not filing a TUE was a mistake but in Stewarts situation by the definition of cheating he is not.

Other sports have had people stripped of titles for less ruining life achievments and tarnished sports. Its unfortunate that may happen here. Because of this lack of levels of violations our sport, which is making head way into mainstream, is now looking like every other drama filled, drug doing, wife beating stick and ball sport. I dont know about you but I dont want our sport pictured like that. Whether or not you like Stewart this is a mistake that will change the light in which we are seen if not taken care of properly now.

Has he been diagnosed with ADHD? Is there a 100% foolproof way to diagnose someone? The writer of that article claims he was "diagnosed" with 4 questions. Anyone can say yes four times and be "diagnosed". To say he had NO advantage is going out on a limb.. he may or may not. And if he wasn't taking them for an advantage, why was he taking them? The writer of that article claims that a person with ADHD can focus just fine doing tasks they enjoy.

On your second paragraph.. I haven't seen any references to this other than inside the MX world. Stewart isn't Lance Armstong and nobody really seems to care about MX or what goes on with the racers on a professional or amateur level.

Has he been diagnosed with ADHD? Is there a 100% foolproof way to diagnose someone? The writer of that article claims he was "diagnosed" with 4 questions. Anyone can say yes four times and be "diagnosed". To say he had NO advantage is going out on a limb.. he may or may not. And if he wasn't taking them for an advantage, why was he taking them? The writer of that article claims that a person with ADHD can focus just fine doing tasks they enjoy.

On your second paragraph.. I haven't seen any references to this other than inside the MX world. Stewart isn't Lance Armstong and nobody really seems to care about MX or what goes on with the racers on a professional or amateur level.

The point would be taking the meds for the other times in his life when he isnt racing....to have focus on everything else.

It was referenced on ESPN and another network I cant remember now. And sponsors of our sport care very much so about image.

The point would be taking the meds for the other times in his life when he isnt racing....to have focus on everything else.

It was referenced on ESPN and another network I cant remember now. And sponsors of our sport care very much so about image.

It may get mentioned but it's not on the front page of anything important. And Stewart looking 'bad' in the eyes of his sponsors has very little if any effect on the rest of the populous. Whatever media coverage it gets will come and go in way less than the standard 15 minutes.

Hershey, I'm hurt... How did you know my bf's nick name is "hot air"?
Look everyone knew testing was going to happen this year. As a professional in this sport and any other career, it is the riders / workers responsibility to understand the rules. IF this was a legit prescription then it is Mr. Stewert responsibility to follow the guildline set out by the organization. Once again this ALL falls on the riders responsibility. NOW in reality, do you mean to tell me that not one of the 83 latchers on that Bubba has, none of them knew the rules? No one? really? If you have any brain power it should be common sense that IF you are prescribed ANYTHING, the first thought should be "is this legal?"

As far as the reputation of the sport... Really? Do you really think the masses look at Moto and think. "Now those are some good, clean, upstanding young men"?
As far as Lance Armstong is concerned.. Name another American in the field when he won any of his France thingys? Come on... Im waiting... you cant. Why? Because NO ONE cares. BUT... because he used PED's or whatever and won, it made it a story and put that race in the spotlight. Want more proof? Who won that race last year? That's right, not even his mother knows his name.

Other sports that have had athletes suspended for PED's = Baseball, seems to be doing OK. Football= I think there still in business. Soccer, basketball, track and field, hockey, hell NASCAR... NASCAR for God sake has had drivers suspended for drug use... They are all doing fine. If anything it gets people talking about the sport... Ask anyone in show business (and this is show business) there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Now, back to the couch

I hope it disappears in 15 min.

And what I mean is there is a huge difference between not filing a TUE for a legit script and purposefully doping to gain an advantage. But under WADA rules the penalty is the same.

If that is the case here which no one yet knows because they havent disclosed anything other than he failed. And his team has only said its a script for a long term condition.

No big deal

That pill popping on a restart of the moto was just weird! Who goes back to the line, and gets a quick pill and drink of water? That would be the last thing I would be thinking about on a restart.

Anyone seen the video of stew popping a pill on the line at mec?

A. Why would you take a pill on be gate. Can't see it helping you. Unless he responds well to the placebo effect.

Not sure if it is related, but if I remember correctly two of supercross' best forgot the joker lane; Stewart was not one of them.
bruce

Mx sports clears js7 to race this weekend, they don't need to uphold the FIM decision........in other words, they said "whatever".

From Wikipedia:
Amphetamine is used by some athletes for its psychological and performance-enhancing effects, such as increased stamina and alertness, but this is prohibited at events regulated by the World Anti-Doping Agency.[32][56][18] In healthy people at oral therapeutic doses, amphetamine has been shown to increase physical strength,[18][57]acceleration,[18][57] stamina,[18][58] endurance,[18][58] and alertness,[32] while reducing reaction time.[18] Like the psychostimulants methylphenidate and bupropion, amphetamine increases stamina and endurance in humans primarily through reuptake inhibition and effluxion of dopamine in the central nervous system.[57][58] At much higher doses, amphetamine can induce side effects that impair performance, such as rhabdomyolysis and hyperthermia.

Therapeutic doses of amphetamine improve cortical network efficiency, resulting in higher performance on working memory tests in all individuals.[19][52] Amphetamine and other ADHD stimulants also improve task saliency and increase arousal.[19][53] Stimulants such as amphetamine can improve performance on difficult and boring tasks,[19][53] and are used by some students as a study and test-taking aid.[54] Based upon studies of self-reported illicit stimulant use, performance-enhancing use, rather than abuse as a recreational drug, is the primary reason that students use stimulants.[55] High amphetamine doses, above the therapeutic range, can interfere with working memory and cognitive control.[19][53]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine

WADA site. Read up http://www.wada-ama.org/

Look, it gives him an advantage. Plain and simple. Did he disclose? Did he really have ADDH or whatever they claim?? Answers that have yet to be disclosed. Fact is, the drug helps a person concentrate better, give them more confidence, etc (it's all up there and on the Wiki site), something that goes hand in hand with TALENT to succeed. I feel it is unfair. Of course it can be broken down and someone could say that better meals, better training methods, better families, more money, etc, gives a person an unfair advantage. Well, maybe, but it isn't breaking any written rules, but what J$7 did was to breaks the rules.

Now I am going to step on some toes here. Some of you that are worried about our sport and the picture it paints. I don't get it. You don't even race in your area-you go chasing races all over the place-anyplace but Ohio as far as I see. SHAME ON YOU. You don't even care about your area racetrack(s). I have no time for your criticism of the sport. No wonder you can't keep vets racing out your way. I'm calling it like I see it guys.

And the ones that think that he is cheating, but should get a slap on the wrist?? I don't get it. He is an ICON to the kids. This sets a terrible example, and if unpunished, shows young people the ends justify, well ANYTHING! I guess examples of a good sportsman isn't worth keeping around.

Hopefully . MX racing in the USA can actually stand up and uphold the rules for once.

All these boards got my blood boiling tonight. I just can't hold it in anymore.

SAD, for sure..........

Last edited:
Back