2014 LL Race Reports and Pictures

Double D

PR Founding Father
Cell signal here for Verizon is awesome. 4 out of 5 bars. Bad news. my hot spot and everyone elses is struggling for speed.

No struggling for speed on the track, our Ohio guys are laying it down! Track is coming around. It was wet this morning with the 1 foot of bark mulch and 9 triaxle loads of sand in the start alone.

Place is buzzing, SWAG everywhere. I will do my best to get pictures up tomorrow.

Trevor Maley 85cc at 11 am and Z boy at 9AM for those watching the times. This is the first time since Friday I could get on the internet!

Did they rip that sand in there or just spread it out?

As of today it was spread on top. track was white with sand or black with bark.

I am guessing they will work it in , in the AM. We have out spot marked and packing lunch and refreshments for the day.

Gonna be some great racing. I have never stayed at the track before. I have not seen this much traffic or poeple in the streets since the night market in Taiwan!

Randy947's camp was off the hook with all the pitracer VETS from all over.

These guys are ready to race, I can t wait.

I will do my best to upload some stuff tomorrow.

Live on MAVTV

9450 B Limited11:30 am*Open Pro Sport12:00 pmIntermission12:30 pm10Super Mini 1 (12-15)1:00 pm1185 (9-11)1:30 pm12Two-Stroke B/C (16+)2:00 pm13Senior (45+)2:30 pm & Masters (50+) 14Women (14+)3:00 pm15Mini Sr 1 (12-13)3:30 pm16Vet B/C (30+)4:00 pm*250 B4:30 pm*250 A5:00 pm17Girls Sr (12-16)5:30 pm & Girls Jr (9-13) 18Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B/C6:00 pm

Live on MAVTV

450 B Limited 11:30 am
*Open Pro Sport 12:00 pm
Intermission 12:30 pm
Super Mini 1 (12-15) 1:00 pm
85 (9-11) 1:30 pm
Two-Stroke B/C (16+) 2:00 pm
Senior (45+) 2:30 pm & Masters (50+)
Women (14+) 3:00 pm
Mini Sr 1 (12-13) 3:30 pm
Vet B/C (30+) 4:00 pm
*250 B 4:30 pm
*250 A 5:00 pm
Girls Sr (12-16) 5:30 pm & Girls Jr (9-13)
Schoolboy 1 (12-16) B/C 6:00 pm
I have no freaking MAVTV... No matter. Maybe moto 2 will be on NBCSN. ;)

Only one OH dude in College Boy. None in 25+. McDade looks have went down in 25+... Never ran another lap. Hopefully his throttle was sticking and hopefully he knows he cain't switch bikes... ;) Hope he's OK...

Last edited:
Only one OH dude in College Boy. None in 25+. McDade looks have went down in 25+... Never ran another lap. Hopefully his throttle was sticking and hopefully he knows he cain't switch bikes... ;) Hope he's OK...
Is Jason Lawrence running 25+?

A few Ohio boys running a respectable pace in 35+. Looks like Agin had some issues though...

Silvers had an issue, but back up to speed...

YANNITELLI, Sam ???? leading the Ohio pack in 10th...9th

Last edited:
Why so much sand? Incase of downpours? The track is not located in Florida, or So-Cal, they should be utilizing more of the natural terrain.

I agree Schaffernoker....why all the freaking sand on every track? Tennessee is known for its red clay, run on it! If you want sand move the race to Florida.

Way back when they first took the national to LL it was found the land only had just a few inches of soil on top of rock. Every year they add several loads of sand, soil, and sawdust to build up the layer above the rocks. Now in the past resent years it has been much more sand then anything else and I assume that is for erosion and to keep the soil soft so it gets nice and rough and yes, to have it drain quicker incase of the inevitable down pour.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Its a completely different type of riding than something like we have up here. Just seems it should be mixed terrain if anything.. I remember a few years back when they started slowing bringing in more sand, and that was cool cause it was a little sand, a little hard-pack, kinda gave a good mix. Now it just seems like all sand, you can see it in 90% of the corners... the ruts just look like cake mix.

Must be the entertainment factor too, everyone lays it on wide open and shreds through the sand. Not everyone can come in and stick a hard-pack rut and make it look good everytime.

Back