2014 LL Race Reports and Pictures

And pretty sure Robin is on a Geico Honda. I know the Geico boss gave him some bikes, doubtful they are stock.
Weren't they practice bikes? Well, that was the story I heard last year. Still, had to be pretty sweet...

Great job Rich. Way to bring it home!!

I'm surprised no one mentioned this or maybe I missed it. Didn't opliger win his regional? Why didn't he race the plus 30 b/c class? He did good in plus 40.

Nice job Silvers! 5th o/a!

...and we're movin on up....to the A class!

Nice ride Rich!!!

Looks like we are getting a lot more Vet A guys lately with Davey Jones, Oplinger, Rocket Robin, Nowa now Silvers! +40A should be a fun class to watch at Vet Fest!!!

Motocross at that level has changed tremendously in the last 10 years. It is really the haves and the have nots these days.

Carlisle83 post: 578553 said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this or maybe I missed it. Didn't opliger win his regional? Why didn't he race the plus 30 b/c class? He did good in plus 40.
Chris ran local A about 10 yrs ago. Someone must've protested because he was kicked outa b/c. Rediculous.

Nice ride Rich!!!

Looks like we are getting a lot more Vet A guys lately with Davey Jones, Oplinger, Rocket Robin, Nowa now Silvers! +40A should be a fun class to watch at Vet Fest!!!
Yeah, I'll wave as they go by...

Congratulations rich! Great ride. We'll have some celebratory champagne at red bud Friday night.

It was strange this morning not to wake up with.... twang twang twang tw twang tw twang twang twang twang...I'm proud to be a coal miner's daughter, we got new shoes in winter time..... Good morning race fans, and welcome to day # of the ........ Back to reality, it was raining in Ohio. And nice job of driving a golf cart.

Attachments

• eli 1.jpg
    eli 1.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 225
  • cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 215
  • eli 3.jpg
    eli 3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 220
I put 1000 miles on my mule it seems..

What did you hit? Looks like the rear end is ripped out.

I put 1000 miles on my mule it seems..

What did you hit? Looks like the rear end is ripped out.

Not me. Sitting at my site and the cart just went off into the side of a guys slide out on his motorhome. Took the cops about an hour to get it sorted out and the cart towed off.

All the stars were in line this past week....the weather, class schedule , track conditions, ect... Didn't get the best off starts but was able to be consistent on the track and it paid off.

Like to thank a few people that help make it all happen

John Kreps - mechanic
Marc the Sharc - riding coach and mentally helping me to be prepared
Randy Salamon - training partner and motivation coach
Don Ruble - LL mechanic
Hand Racing
SRS Suspension
To everyone else that has giving me words of encouragement
Thanks!

Look forward to seeing everyone at Red Bud!

All the stars were in line this past week....the weather, class schedule , track conditions, ect... Didn't get the best off starts but was able to be consistent on the track and it paid off.

Like to thank a few people that help make it all happen

John Kreps - mechanic
Marc the Sharc - riding coach and mentally helping me to be prepared
Randy Salamon - training partner and motivation coach
Don Ruble - LL mechanic
Hand Racing
SRS Suspension
To everyone else that has giving me words of encouragement
Thanks!

Look forward to seeing everyone at Red Bud!
Yeah, great job Rich. It was cool watching you on the live streams. Hoping to see you at the Bud this weekend and/or Malvern...

With that, that's a heck of a crew. Kudos to them! I'm screwed if I ever wanna take a stab at the ranch. I don't have that many true friends... ;)

Well, I dont want to bring up the dead horse about my complaint on the training facilities. Just wanted to clear up any confusion, I was more referring to the early Jerry Robin, before all the factory support and training facility help. I want to hear about the amateur's that overcame a struggle to make it to the ranch, the pick-up truck guys. The ones sleeping in enclosed trailers with fans running to keep the air somewhat cool at night. If your under 17 and living your life training like a professional athlete at an amateur's level... it would be a dissapointment if you didn't perform well at the ranch.

Props to you Rich, seems like you had a fantastic week!

Last edited:
Back