2014 LL Race Reports and Pictures

Terry BidLack in 50 plus is from Oakwood OH. That's about 15 minutes from my house. Never heard of the guy. In all the years racing around here, don't believe I have ever run across this guy.

MItchy riding his heart out... Looks to be on top of the next spot...
Got pinched on the start, 39th around the first corner... And in corner 2 a over the bars eat it! Once he got up and going..he road his butt off..lap times pretty good.. Just needs a start. He can wait for moto2 at 6:00p tomorrow night.

Here.. Mitchy pushing and in battle with #83 Danger Boy, Haiden Deegan, Brian Deegan's boy. They had a good battle.. Traded places several times!

image.jpg

Silvers that's awesome. 8th is legit!!!!

Get nasty Mitchy. Rip a holey.

WTG Rich!

Jeremy Hand took 11th in the Schoolboy 1 and 20th in Schoolboy 2. The Schoolboy classes are stacked.

Former Buckeye Karl Scott took 12th in the Plus 35.

Last edited:
Terry BidLack in 50 plus is from Oakwood OH. That's about 15 minutes from my house. Never heard of the guy. In all the years racing around here, don't believe I have ever run across this guy.
Johnny, there are two other Oakwood's in Ohio. I found it out the hard way by telling a customer of ours at work that I would come see the shop thinking it was Oakwood by us. Turns out it was up near Defiance. Yeah long drive.

did anyone notice 25+ looked easier then 35+ or even 45+? And I thought Renner was a jumper guy and nothing else... guess not. Anyone know what happened to Agin

Yeah with 1000+ bikes... ;)

If you notice, they start with a fresh resurfaced track every morning. Then they work a section of the track between every moto. Almost a complete resurface at intermission, then again that night for the next morning.

I think the bikes do more work at displacing the sand than actually working it in!

Almost every one of those motos is like watching two thirds of a pro national. Could you imagine (well, you don't have to, you can go check it out for yourself) running about 12 motos a day of 30 plus 2 with the fastest guys in the world at High Point, Steel City, or pick your track?

Come to think of it... my favorite part about being there is watching the gate drop every 30 minuets with 42 of the fastest amateurs in the world!

Congrats to Sam Yannitelli for a 9th in the +35 class! He had 40th gate pic too! He and Karl Scott were together in 16th and 17th place early in the race. Karl actually passed Sam at one point early on in the race. (those two grew up racing against each other on minis) So I'm sure that lit a fire under Sam's butt! He passed Karl back and charged to 9th place. He was in 10th on the last lap and made one final pass for 9th. Karl finished a VERY respectable 12th place...way to go Ohio boys. (Karl living in Georgia now) Today's +35 moto at 5:00pm eastern on racerTv.com.

Come to think of it... my favorite part about being there is watching the gate drop every 30 minuets with 42 of the fastest amateurs in the world!

Thats what I'm talking about. I got the fortanute chance to go in '08. Watched 105 motos, and the PW50 class was one of them... LL truly shows that it doesn't take the fastest guys in the world or the biggest jumps to make a good race. All you need is 500 tons of sand and your in! jk lol.

And enough of the live stream, Im trading our vacation to the beach in for LL next year. Im so jealous sittin here at work.

I wasn't aware, but I guess Emig got hurt trying to qualify for the ranch and Tortelli is planning on it next year...

And enough of the live stream, Im trading our vacation to the beach in for LL next year. Im so jealous sittin here at work.
Ditto. Hoping I'm in a better position to qualify next year although I need a lot mor speed for the regional. Just have to not get hurt between now and then will be a positive.

If I do not qualify I would like to at least go...

Great 40+ moto. Agin atop the OH boys followed by Oplinger a couple spots back. Agin was in for a top 10, but seemed to have some trouble mid race. Good stuff!!

Damn...40+ moto 1 winner Larusso's wife passed away ealier this year I thought is what he said. He dedicated the moto win to him. Talk about overcoming. Kudos to him...

Like listening to Tyler and RV in the booth. Cool listening to the talk about the old days and how their paths, good and bad, translated into what they are today... Definately no set path. A little luck, a little hard work, and the ability to not make too much of anything, good or bad, it what it takes... Well, so it seems...

Tyler said he's still riding for Babbitt's next year as he has 1 yeat left on his contract... ???

Last edited:
Back