Battle Series Wrap up

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
While the Battle Series is fresh on everyone's mind, I think we should look back and gather feedback from the riders, fans and families. The question shall be: what two things could each track work on for next year to make the experience better? Promoters are fairly experienced at accepting constructive criticism, just try to limit it to two concerns per Battle Track.

There is a rule in the OMA rule book on pit bikes, page 3 of their rule book. OMA just need to enforce it or change it. Here it is.

There is absolutely NO PIT RIDING at any of the OMA tracks. (Penalty to the rider, including disqualification, may result if this rule isn’t followed by every member of the family, pit crew, or guests.) However, pit vehicles can be used to access restrooms, shower houses and any areas further than 500’ from pit areas, provided the driver/rider is 16 years or older, and can do so responsibly and slowly. All other uses will be deemed as pit riding will result further action by the OMA.

Change vet 30+ C to 30+ B/C and score the 40+ class as A and B/C. Either that or construct them as the potential change to the LL classes in that anyone who has held an AMA Pro racing license are scored seperately from the local A, B, and C riders. Although I prefer my option 1. ;)

Yeah, I know, more of an OMA thing, but can you make this change just for the Battle at least? :) Could use all points in the overall 30+ and 40+ points system...probably not, but anyway...

Last edited:
I think the Battle series is an awesome idea! Hats off to all 3 promoters. Since I live in the southern half of the state, I obviously wish there was another round down this way.

I personally think the tracks should have more whoops and "supercross" style jumps. The AMA class designation (A,B,C), applies to Arenacross as well, and I feel that more technical layouts would help riders make the transition in to those other disciplines of our sport. Or, we could all petition the AMA to make Supercross and Arenacross a discipline of their own...totally separate from motocross.

My 2nd suggestion is to limit the pit riding. I don't have a solution, I just know its a problem.

Overall, we are very excited about motocross in OHIO! Go Bucks!

Maybe they should reach out to the other corners of the state? Wouldn't a 5 or 6 part series that covers the whole state really be a Battle for Ohio? One round every other week for the 3 big months for outdoor? I thing that would bring a lot of attention and recognition to the state an sport together as a whole.

One track in the series in every region and hold the last battle round somewhere in the middle, that would be cool.

Clint I fully understand what your saying, and 6 races would be cool. But with that being said, more is not always better. One of the reasons in my opinion the battle series works is because it is only 3 races. It makes those three races "big" events and must go to events. Going to 6, maybe not everyone can make 6, etc. I like the way OMA has 3 separate series and breaks it up. My only suggestion would be to possibly run one in June, one in July, and move the final round up to where Malvern fell so that all three races are done before school starts.

Chillitown......#1 Pit riding.....Please explain why we need pit vehicles in the first place? This is motocross, its a fitness sport. 99% of the pit vehicles are driven by 8 year olds having fun. Time to end it all together. Dont want to walk? Bring a bicycle!
#2 Track layout. Give it more of a outdoor MX feel. Open up the layout with more sweeping corners and less 180 turns.
Other than that I couldnt think of anything I would change. Fantastic facility and you have the best pits I have ever seen! You cant beat the fact that no one needs a generator at night!

Malvern......#1 Pit riding.....see above
#2 Better organization to shorten the event time. I am a huge believer in Jasons new approach to next years saturday/sunday schedule idea. Kuddos for trying it, the worst that can happen is it doesnt work great. The best is ....well it works great! I think it will.

Briarcliff.......#1 Pit riding.....see above again.
#2 Group the quads together like the other 2 rounds and do your prep sessions before the big bikes each time. I know the sawdust changed your soil and that may be part to blame. However the big quads went on on fresh prep a couple times and each time the track was smoothed out some what. There were some ruts to be found and it was a little rough but not normal BC flavor. Not even close. The dust was under control excellent actually though. I think if it were only bikes on the fresh prep we would have seen a marginal increase in rough and ruts to make more lines out there for racing.

Since I chose the same #1 for all three I would like to add another to Malvern and BC. Since Chillitown has electric available for all it wasnt an issue there. I wasnt at Malvern but Im sure it still applies.

NOISE CERFEW!!!!!!

It was posted at BC and it was announced as well. But right next to me was a family who ran a harbour frieght special cheap and extremely loud generator ALL NIGHT both nights. 70 decibles inside my trailer. Needless to say I didnt sleep. The next day I calmly approached them and asked if they knew about the noise cerfew, the said yes but they were running it again anyway. Lack of sleep is no way to go through a race weekend.

So the OMA averaged about 600 riders per battle event! It is amazing to see MX alive at these races! Congratulations on making it happen for everyone! And seeing Jarrett always smiling and laughing seems to put a smile on my face too. Its great that even as negative things may happen or people get tired and grumpy from all the work involved you can count on his smile and enthusiasm to keep us motivated and keep it light. Thanks!

Pit riding # 1!!!! No reason for it. # 2 for me is noise at night. We have to camp at these tracks to race these events. I have a 9 y/o girl and a 10 y/o boy. And there is nothing like a group of drunken a@&holes next to you swearing and being loud all night. As far as I'm concerned this should not be tolerable. If you want to bring people into this sport. And make it kid friendly so they enjoy them selves. You shouldn't have to be embarrassed by the other people making fools of them selves. Makes me not want to bring my kid to an event. Great job btw on an awesome race series. Thanks for all the hard work.

Man I love the fact you guys are still asking how can it be better. THAT MAKES IT BETTER. perfect.
My wish list:
1. I like the idea of 5 rounds. Again since we are in the southwest so I want 2 more over here.:D
2. Include a "Supercross" style track. Even if one does not exist in the current OMA promoters, im sure there are people that would line up to build a one off track somewhere. (Include me in that list.)
3. 3 moto format.
4. Youth on Saturday and Amateur on Sunday.
5. Pit riding = Don't punish all for a few idiots. While I don't understand why everyone just cant ride a bicycle, if you want a golf cart fine, Charge $20 for a cart and if it is found to be piloted by someone under 16, the whole family is DQ'ed and skinned alive.
6. Make all the races back to back to back to back to back weekends. Start a week after Lorretta's.
7. Champions must speak at the Banquet.

Man I love the fact you guys are still asking how can it be better. THAT MAKES IT BETTER. perfect.
My wish list:
1. I like the idea of 5 rounds. Again since we are in the southwest so I want 2 more over here.:D
2. Include a "Supercross" style track. Even if one does not exist in the current OMA promoters, im sure there are people that would line up to build a one off track somewhere. (Include me in that list.)
3. 3 moto format.
5. Pit riding = Don't punish all for a few idiots. While I don't understand why everyone just cant ride a bicycle, if you want a golf cart fine, Charge $20 for a cart and if it is found to be piloted by someone under 16, the whole family is DQ'ed and skinned alive.
6. Make all the races back to back to back to back to back weekends. Start a week after Lorretta's.
The best post on the subject so far!

My wish list:
3. 3 moto format.

Man you cant read...... 2 comments per track! Damn dirt bike riders. The only reason you are worse than Blair and his now electric tape bike numbers ( a step above last races duct tape ones) is because YOU STILL ARENT RIDING and he is!

Well since I was not personally at all three events, I figured I would make generic suggestions that all could benefit from.
I will ride again, in due time. Maybe. :D Right now it is about training to be full blown crazy mini dad. From what I read I need to go shopping for a really loud generator just to fit in.

Not to mention that if I would have rode I would have also been in the middle of the 40+ drama. I will only say one thing about that. If you think it is a good idea to put the women in front of the 40+, You do not understand or watch motocross

Back