Battle Series Wrap up

Thanks Jeremy. Looking forward to seeing these positive changes!

JB, with how open the corners were, i was able to pull 3rd in most corners. Easy to click up twice. And I about got smacked by a few kids on pitbikes this weekend. And this weekend wasnt so bad, but Malvern was horrible. Especially the dust they were making. I think you should either be 16 or 18 in order to drive one. I seen plenty of kids just making laps around the pits.
If you really are Todd Krieg, like your profile picture shows, I'll give you the fifth gear. :)

Proposal....
What do ya'all think about - for The Battle rounds - we race all quads on Saturday....maybe along with the littlest dirtbikes?
The thought is, run practice on Saturday as normal (bikes and quads) up until a certain time. Race the quad classes and little bikes. This would give the guys spending the night some entertainment watching WE "couch riders" while sip'in some suds and they would line the fences for the little bikers..(they'd love that).
We all want to get out of the track as soon as possible so separating the two would save time on Sunday. I personally would not see this as a "dig" on quad riders....bottom line is that we get to race on a track WE like and bikers would get the track they want on Sunday. AND less maintenance for the track owners - cause everything I hear from the bikers is they like the deep ruts to form and stay there.
Of course the Saturday plan would need tweeked to make it work for everyone as far as practice order and when practice will be shut down to begin racing.
MY only request is - please schedule these Battle races on weekends that there are no National races - Quite a few of the area riders attend the Nationals.
What do ya think?

Practice till mid day sat, quads and minis sat evening? All big bikes and vet/women's classes Sunday? What would fix it?

Practice till mid day sat, quads and minis sat evening? All big bikes and vet/women's classes Sunday? What would fix it?
It would elevate some time as that would take those classes out of the Sunday lineup... figure each class moto an average of 12 minutes...there are 10 quad classes and 4 50cc classes(then add a few of the 65cc classes IF appropriate) that would be over 2 1/2hours saved on Sunday. AND the big bikes would get the track they want because we quad riders would not be smashing down the ruts. As far as the little bikes - they need a flat track or they'd be getting stuck in the deep ruts and flopping over. Just my thoughts.

I persoanlly feel bikes should be saturday night instead, same idea just flip bikes to saturday. That way all the dirt/sand is not blown off the track. Unless it is muddy saturday then we bikers would gladly let the quads go and pick up/blow off the mud ;)

Proposal....
What do ya'all think about - for The Battle rounds - we race all quads on Saturday....maybe along with the littlest dirtbikes?
The thought is, run practice on Saturday as normal (bikes and quads) up until a certain time. Race the quad classes and little bikes. This would give the guys spending the night some entertainment watching WE "couch riders" while sip'in some suds and they would line the fences for the little bikers..(they'd love that).
We all want to get out of the track as soon as possible so separating the two would save time on Sunday. I personally would not see this as a "dig" on quad riders....bottom line is that we get to race on a track WE like and bikers would get the track they want on Sunday. AND less maintenance for the track owners - cause everything I hear from the bikers is they like the deep ruts to form and stay there.
Of course the Saturday plan would need tweeked to make it work for everyone as far as practice order and when practice will be shut down to begin racing.
MY only request is - please schedule these Battle races on weekends that there are no National races - Quite a few of the area riders attend the Nationals.
What do ya think?
Just how many more A riders are you trying to entice? Looking at the results almost half of the riders are there to get their pro am points. Do you really need more National level riders? Just a thought.

Proposal....
What do ya think?

That is just about exactly the format Malvern's battle round is going to follow next year.

I do personally like the idea of splitting days. The main issues I see the how to time things out if you are running late with racing Saturday morning and you have people waiting around for practice afterwards and it gets shortened or cancelled and also the promoter losing the cash from a full days practice if they cant open up Friday.

How would it work if you did say mini bikes and quads on Saturday with an extended practice from like 8:00-noon (or whatever works best) and then went racing. Maybe charge a little more for the first class to account for loss of a practice day. You could do the same thing on Sunday with big bikes.

You might still end up being at the track the same amount of time but it seems like you would have preferred track conditions and would get a lot more seat time.

We only raced the BC event this year, but like the idea of racing all three next year. Had a good time, and was my first and only modern bike MX race this season.

A huge thank you and thumbs up to Jeremy on the new PA system in the BC pits. Such a small thing that makes such a huge improvement. Unfortunate though that the PA system has to compete against the pitbikes and constantly running generators.

I recall a whole a lot of discussions last winter over race day arrangements for this series, and what is the best or most effective structure, and I recall getting all of the racing knocked out in one day served most peoples needs the best. I have no opinion or judgements on this and don't really care how the structure is set up, I just wanna race. All of this being said... it was not the easiest day though.

I made the mistake of only signing up for one class. Senior Plus 40.

We were race # 24, of what was there like 26 races?
We showed up at 7 am, had riders meeting at 7:30am, and had morning practice at like 8:30am.
40+ race "moto 1", didn't get on the gate until around 1:30pm.

We stuck around until 5 pm, but we were going to have to wait around 2 more hours for my second moto. A "7 minute race".
I came in nearly last place in moto 1, and after 10 hours at the track on a 90 degree day, waiting 2 more hours for a 7 minute moto that I may come in last again, wasn't very appealing. We bailed.

If I had signed up for 2 class's, it wouldn't of been such a bad day, but almost wasn't worth it for 1 class, of 7 minute motos.

And on the idea of seperating the 30+, 40+, 50+ into "A" and "B/C"......... Well, this only adds more class's and could complicate matters even more.

My take on this is this:
I came in almost last place in the Senior Plus 40 class. But we had like 26 riders on the gate, which is an awesome blast. I love a full gate.
I would rather race a "Full" gate with A's, B's, and C's combined, AND COME IN LAST PLACE, than to only have 10 of us in 40+ B/C.

Thanks to everybody for all of their hard work on this series, and what you have done for Ohio motocross. Much Appreciated!

Last edited:
A huge thank you and thumbs up to Jeremy on the new PA system in the BC pits. Such a small thing that makes such a huge improvement. Unfortunate though that the PA system has to compete against the pitbikes and constantly running generators.

No small effort put into that PA system!!!! (speaking from experience)

So what, we looking at a 3 hour race program Saturday? More than likely no prep needed or minimal prep needed for 28 motos starting at say, 3pm? Prep at 2 and run 3 quad practices at 2:30? Just wonder if everybody would be good with that... Doubt it, but as long as most are, it's a win...

That kinda sounds pretty good, however just to clarify, not all us "bike" guys like 100ft long 3 foot deep corner ruts all the way across the track...just sayin'...

I think the idea in the lead is Saturday practice rotations for everyone starting early 8am, then about 2-2:30 run a prep then run quad motos. Evening activities, pit bikes, dunk tank, pin the tail on the knox, then bedtime. Then the normal Sunday morning like last Sunday, should be able to run through the bike motos in about 6-7 hours total with prep.

So the OMA averaged about 600 riders per battle event! It is amazing to see MX alive at these races! Congratulations on making it happen for everyone! And seeing Jarrett always smiling and laughing seems to put a smile on my face too. Its great that even as negative things may happen or people get tired and grumpy from all the work involved you can count on his smile and enthusiasm to keep us motivated and keep it light. Thanks!

Thank you Dave! You make me smile. Brap! :)

I think the idea in the lead is Saturday practice rotations for everyone starting early 8am, then about 2-2:30 run a prep then run quad motos. Evening activities, pit bikes, dunk tank, pin the tail on the knox, then bedtime. Then the normal Sunday morning like last Sunday, should be able to run through the bike motos in about 6-7 hours total with prep.
I like the idea of the 50's going Saturday also, but could see issues with that as well I suppose...

I persoanlly feel bikes should be saturday night instead, same idea just flip bikes to saturday. That way all the dirt/sand is not blown off the track. Unless it is muddy saturday then we bikers would gladly let the quads go and pick up/blow off the mud ;)
I think my wife got on here! - You must be one of those people that just can't be happy....
I hope everyone realizes what caused the failure of District 12.... And I know you'all don't like quads for some dumb reason - BUT, when the powers that be chose to take quads out of the District..IT FAILED... not because there were SO many quads showing up... but for every quad/dirtbike sign up that's fuel for a dozer or just for the track owner's expenses. They thought more dirtbike would show up...didn't happen.
I just don't get the animosity the bikers have for the quads...I personally love watching you crazy a***s jump and do the things you do...ya'all are nuts. I really like watching the young ones do some incredible things on two wheels.. You all can't admit how awesome it is to watch a lil quad rider jump some doubles you won't jump? If your a true racer - you love anything racing...
My DVR records every Dirtbike motocross event and when we get home from our races - my son and I usually watch them.
Okay, I'm done ranting...

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was trying to say.. As long as the tracks don't have to turn on lights...run practice as long as possible...with quads too. like the normal Saturday practice.

I think my wife got on here! - You must be one of those people that just can't be happy....
I hope everyone realizes what caused the failure of District 12.... And I know you'all don't like quads for some dumb reason - BUT, when the powers that be chose to take quads out of the District..IT FAILED... not because there were SO many quads showing up... but for every quad/dirtbike sign up that's fuel for a dozer or just for the track owner's expenses. They thought more dirtbike would show up...didn't happen.
I just don't get the animosity the bikers have for the quads...I personally love watching you crazy a***s jump and do the things you do...ya'all are nuts. I really like watching the young ones do some incredible things on two wheels.. You all can't admit how awesome it is to watch a lil quad rider jump some doubles you won't jump? If your a true racer - you love anything racing...
My DVR records every Dirtbike motocross event and when we get home from our races - my son and I usually watch them.
Okay, I'm done ranting...

LMFAO.....D12 DID NOT FAIL BECAUSE THEY BANNED QUADS....

They were on the way down with turn out long before that decision, it was a last ditch effort to boost bike turnout. Statements like that perpetuate the racism of quad hatred.

Back