Battle Series Wrap up

Not to mention that if I would have rode I would have also been in the middle of the 40+ drama. I will only say one thing about that. If you think it is a good idea to put the women in front of the 40+, You do not understand or watch motocross

At this point I think everything that needs to be said about that one has been......

1. Make "no pit riding" an actual rule with consequences, not just a suggestion like it seems to be now. This would include all of the 50 riders who finish their moto and then ride back to their pit as fast as they possibly can.

2. Get a new AMA referee.

#1 for all tracks: NO PIT VEHICLES.

#2 for all tracks: NUKE THE QUADS.

Ok just kidding about the quads (not really) but I wish Briarcliff would have sepparated quad and bike motos. Was unhappy with the track this weekend. No dust was nice, but no ruts or bumps wasn't nice.

I also think both Briarcliff and Malvern are too fast. There aren't any tracks on the National circuit that are that fast. There are tracks that are that big and long, but they get rough and rutted, resulting in slower speeds. Slow it down a bit, add some more tight corners that will rut up. Honestly it's scary hitting 5th gear wide open on a 450...

I think Chillitown has too many 180 degree corners, which makes for one-lined racing. That is my only complaint about Chillitown, best facility hands down!

I'm glad the series is growning and everyone is having fun. Great to see the promoters are trying to better their events every time. Keep up the great work!

I went to all three races this year and I don't really see what the big deal is with pit riding. You guys claiming you almost got killed multiple times per race have to be exaggerating. Seemed to me that everyone was riding around pretty slow and letting walkers go first.

Should 8 year olds be driving a golf cart ? Probably not, but let's not act like people were getting mowed over all over the place. And before you say I need to get in shape and walk....I have no problem running my normal 4 miles. Pit bikes just make things more enjoyable. If someone offered you a new Zuma to ride around all weekend would you turn them away?

I think the noise curfew needs to be strict and enforced. Some people actually take this stuff serious. Sitting around bs'ing and drinking beer is one thing, turning your stereo way up at 11:30 and acting like you are the only person who exists is ridiculous.

30 and 40+ need to be A B classes. Keep it like it is or combine the whole thing. The D11 A and BC was the dumbest thing ever.

We enjoyed the races and I wouldn't mind having a fourth round somewhere next year. Let's keep building this thing so my kids can grow up in the same Ohio motocross environment that I did in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:

Ok just kidding about the quads (not really) but I wish Briarcliff would have sepparated quad and bike motos. Was unhappy with the track this weekend. No dust was nice, but no ruts or bumps wasn't nice.

I also think both Briarcliff and Malvern are too fast. There aren't any tracks on the National circuit that are that fast. There are tracks that are that big and long, but they get rough and rutted, resulting in slower speeds. Slow it down a bit, add some more tight corners that will rut up. Honestly it's scary hitting 5th gear wide open on a 450...

I think Chillitown has too many 180 degree corners, which makes for one-lined racing. That is my only complaint about Chillitown, best facility hands down!

I'm glad the series is growning and everyone is having fun. Great to see the promoters are trying to better their events every time. Keep up the great work!

I agree on speed, it was a problem at the ATV National too. That will be the last race on that layout. We will be using a better layout next year. thanks for the input.

What part of the track are you hitting 5th gear wide open on a 450? Or are you running a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket? Do you realize that is like 90mph on a 450?

Are you also one of those guys who almost got killed 30 times by a drunk kid on a 7 wheeled scooter?

Thanks Jeremy. Looking forward to seeing these positive changes!

JB, with how open the corners were, i was able to pull 3rd in most corners. Easy to click up twice. And I about got smacked by a few kids on pitbikes this weekend. And this weekend wasnt so bad, but Malvern was horrible. Especially the dust they were making. I think you should either be 16 or 18 in order to drive one. I seen plenty of kids just making laps around the pits.

Next year we are hiring special duty officers to police pit riding and noise. Check and check.
Where can I apply? lol

Chillitown I think if you offer free sign up for 50 cc bikes you should offer it for the 50cc quad class. If that puts you out too much money go tell my uncle I said to give you more ;)

I think all of the races should consider online registration and an advertised time of when sign up will be closing.

I would bet money that its either after the Longstreth or after the big berm next to the infield triple that runs through the newer woods section clear to the bottom. If I had my old balls, I think I could hit that roller in the middle at 5th gear. Im in 4th now, and I'm old and fat.

I am 63 and I walk!!!! The only track I enjoyed our mule was at Loretta's. Larry used to get special permission to ride our quad at National's but it was because he needed a hip replacement. Get the darn kid's off the pit vehicles..they should only be used by the elderly who either have issues or when it is extremely hot and the track is a hike to get to. Give those people a special pass to have the pit vehicle and ban all others. We have a problem with obesity in our country so why add to the problem.
That being said I have been nearly run over, not by pit vehicles, but by youngsters who are still racing off the track. That is up to the parent's to police their children.
School has never been a big issue with us until this year and Chris had an early morning class (his first one) on Monday and since he is no longer a youngster who gets to sleep to and from we bowed out of this last series race. Now I read all this about the generators (which was an issue for us at Malvern) I guess we were wise to back out of this one. The one at Malvern was so loud I swear it vibrated our motor home from across the road. This is not a new issue however but has been a problem for years. There have been many times I wanted to get up in the middle of the night and shut them down!! I guess you can't force people to spend the extra money for a Honda generator but a noise ordinance would not be out of order here. That would apply to the party crowd also!!

All tracks, just enforce the Pit Bike rule in the rule book. States must be 16 years old, and using it for transportation, not recreation.

All tracks, practice quads Friday evening (stays light till 9pm). Race quads after a short practice Saturday morning. Practice bikes Saturday afternoon, evening. Race bikes after a short practice on Sunday morning. (Believe this is Jason's idea.....I like it).

30+ A / 30+ b/c, and 40+ A/40+b/c. I am ok with one gate drop or a stagger, but score the A and B/C classes separate for the Battle Series. I know about 4 guys that raced 30+ at Chiltown that did not go to the next two rounds. They also said they would not run 30+ again if it did not get changed. Most of the top 30+ riders were in A class. There are also a couple D11 riders that will not run the series because 30+A is not offered. Same for 40+, it would be nice to have the A riders scored separate from the B/C riders, and do away with Vet C. I think one round only had 7 entries in Vet C.

Chilitown, get rid of the whoops, open up the 180 corners some more (tough with the limited amount of land).

Malvern and BC......I like the tracks and prep. In mu opinion, no layout changes are needed. Neither are too fast.

Keep the series at three races. I don't think people realize how much work goes into these three races. You add more rounds, and in my opinion the entry number with decrease at the individual races. People schedule off for these three races. Tough to mark out 4 weeks of calendar to make all rounds with more races than that. OMA has their other series races, race those to support the tracks.

Last edited:
I don't understand the need to run generators overnight. We've had our camper for two seasons now and I also have a quiet Yamaha generator, but I've never left it running all night. If I have the air on I run it till dark and it's nice and cool in there all night long......

I don't understand the need to run generators overnight. We've had our camper for two seasons now and I also have a quiet Yamaha generator, but I've never left it running all night. If I have the air on I run it till dark and it's nice and cool in there all night long......
Because your not an a$$hole, if you were you would understand! Lol..... And honestly the one next to me at BC was so annoying during the day I didnt like staying at my trailer much.

Because your not an a$$hole, if you were you would understand! Lol..... And honestly the one next to me at BC was so annoying during the day I didnt like staying at my trailer much.

You had to play Georgia all day anyway.........I will have to say, your not near as cute as Georgia either. Maybe JO needs to looks for a cute little blonde to do the Podium interviews next year!

You had to play Georgia all day anyway.........I will have to say, your not near as cute as Georgia either. Maybe JO needs to looks for a cute little blonde to do the Podium interviews next year!
Lol...yeah but saturday I was annoyed by the damn thing all day! And Im still better looking than all the girls again this year at the cliff.....and without the tats!

Generators were obnoxious. I was looking for a place to pit Sat morning. Everywhere I stopped their was one running, kept moving around and was getting ready to park under the power lines. Thank you Mosher for the text letting me know where all the cool cats were.

Even though I did not attend any of the battle races this year, I plan on attending at least one next year. I agree with ck1 as to why punish all because of a few (pitbikes). People to police it as Jeremy stated above is all that is needed. Or the 16 and older rule as the rulebook already states.

Same here....except at Loretta's!!

Back