New Management of Track coming to Southern Ohio

Funny how every thread always ends up in a class discussion. Personally I feel its an honor sharing the same track with our local pros. Can you imagine a round of golf with Tiger? After the gate drops the classes don't really matter do they? I mean I just love to battle and it doesn't matter who's under the helmet. Last year my favorite moto was when I stalled it the first corner and battled for third with the second gate drop.

Tommy you're going to make a great promoter. You handled this thread like a pro. I'll share a gate with you anytime. Good luck this year with the track.

Tommy and Group. Good luck with the track. The place has so much potential and it is obvious with the rider turnout at both Chillitown and Dirt Country, there are plenty of potential customers in the area.
Now if we can just convince the county to built a deeper tunnel or a bridge over those darn train tracks...

Looking forward to giant crowds and full gates at the first race.

Not sure GP races would work. Others have tried it, and not much success. I could be wrong. Year one, I would concentrate on the MX, then worry about the other stuff. When this place does take off, anyone want to take any bets someone sticks a trailer under the bridge?

W
Not sure GP races would work. Others have tried it, and not much success. I could be wrong. Year one, I would concentrate on the MX, then worry about the other stuff. When this place does take off, anyone want to take any bets someone sticks a trailer under the bridge?
Where is the track located? Address?

Haven't been there since the Tony D school back in....2000! lol, also the last year I was racing legit haha. Was a blast launching the catapult on the ol RM80. Will be nice to come back this year and see how it's changed. GREAT dirt for sure.

It's a 2 minute detour to enter down the following road called Farmers Station. Well have signs up at both entrances. I just hope this weather breaks so we can start doing work, there is a lot to be done. Not only do we want an awesome track but a premier facility with nice landscaping, signage and overall great appearance. Hope to see an meet every one you soon.

Taking one for Tommy: 201 Laymon Road, New Vienna, OH
Thanks! Looks like a sweet place from the satellite images. I don't see a starting area so was this just a set of practice tracks? And what is the small supercross looking track with a crossover in the middle of the track?

Thanks! Looks like a sweet place from the satellite images. I don't see a starting area so was this just a set of practice tracks? And what is the small supercross looking track with a crossover in the middle of the track?
That must be an old (5+ years or so) satellite image. The crossover track is long gone! The starting area was new in 2014 for the races that were held there. The race videos you see on the Tube are from the "lower" track.

For the last 4-5 years, it has been two pracitce tracks; the "lower" one on flat ground with 1:40 or so lap times for a decent rider. Plenty of corners and OK jumps. Incredible dirt when it has some moisture in it.

The sceond track has had little attention in the last few years. It was / is commonly called the Hillside Track because it is on the side of a hill. Moderate elevation changes (it IS SW Ohio. We don't have much elevation change in SW Ohio...) and a fun layout. Sadly, most weekend warrior types (PAYING CUSTOMERS) gravitated toward the flat track because it was, well, flat. As a result, the hillside track didn't get as much love as it needed.

I just had a great idea. Combine the flat track with the hillside. Man that would be cool. Who doesn't love elevation. If you didn't want to cut off parking by the tree line you could route the road all the way around....or just jump the road like we did at Mid Ohio.

I just had a great idea. Combine the flat track with the hillside. Man that would be cool. Who doesn't love elevation. If you didn't want to cut off parking by the tree line you could route the road all the way around....or just jump the road like we did at Mid Ohio.

That was also my idea. That way a lot of the flat ground where the current track is could be used for parking. Would not like to be parked up on the side of the hill.

Hey Tommy, let me know if you guys need any help. I just live about 30 or 40 minutes down Route 28 near the Chillicothe end. Could even break out the camera for a shoot there as well for promotional material if needed.

I know it may be a bit early but do you have any idea what your practice schedule will be like. Per my contact at work I have to set a 28 day schedule 28 days in advance. My April schedule will be due this Friday.

Hahahaha well hi "Hershey" nice to meet you. Just to set a few facts straight I race the B/C Class. And when the series started I went up to Alex of AMA and asked what class can I run here, because there was 30+ and 30+ Novice. (By the way I am a Novice rider I feel) and there were guys I raced all season in the Novice class, also I'm no where near fast enough to compete with Jeff Gibson, Shaun Kuchler etc. But long story short ALEX SAID I was eligible and allowed to race that class. And damn straight I was happy to win, who the hell wouldn't be? The whole point system and classifications of classes are screwed up as it is and plain an simple people manipulate the system. The winner of C class at Lorettas would smoke me, you an damn near EVERY local A/B rider! And the winners of the B classes well those guys go straight to factory rides. If there is a B/C class I would have ran that, but I'm not even going to waste my time or money to go get embarrassed (smoked) by Gibson etc. I actually had some good battles with Niles and SPEARS in the "C" class. Also I would like to point out that when I went to Mini Os it was just straight 30+ and I got dead last, absolutely smoked! There was no need for me to be in that class. There should be a 30+A and 30+B/C. Any other questions or comments you can contact me personally or write me on facebook. I hope this helps you.

Mini O's dead last eh? You know results are posted online and people actually have access to them. Guess along with sandbagging the C class you also stretch the truth in your favor. Seems you didnt get dead last at all. Close but not quite. Results here....

http://www.mxentry.com/results/iclass.asp?e=64&c=632&h=5820#5820

So before the 1st battle round I will give you the benefit of the doubt, LL hadnt taken place yet and I dont know your race or riding history. But after attending LL you were no longer eligible to ride the novice class at the AMA sanctioned Battle rounds. Technically you should be stripped of the 30 Novice Champion title. Being able to make LAST alternate is still NOT a NOVICE rider. You said it best when you said

"If there is a B/C class I would have ran that, but I'm not even going to waste my time or money to go get embarrassed (smoked) by Gibson etc."

It has nothing to do with fun for you, its about winning and not being embarrassed!

Trust is a funny thing, I would be wondering if you are truthful about your track, the conditions and anything else related to it.

Back