double sanctioning

Strouble

PR Addict
Don't know about all of the OMA tracks but Malvern already does this - 1st thru 5th gets a trophy, OR Kames Kash, OR Malvern bucks, OR T-shirt.
This has been in place for quite some time now...maybe 6 years, not 100% sure on the Malvern bucks though, that's a Jason idea I think. Hole shot awards are cool too. I think it's awesome to have some choices...you can either put some sort of value back into your riding/racing budget or if you want an award. Someone like me who has never won a race, I would take the trophy.

Awards are special to kids...symbolic of accomplishments.
Just all depends where your heart is at on the matter.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Never seen malvern bucks. Don't reckon I ever will either. Kames has that covered. Of course I didn't ride there once last year. So maybe those are in effect.

But offering money to people won't work. Because you still got people that race lorettas. And they got the market cornered. You take money you are an A rider. And there's many a fools who sift through results and bring up a tallied total of what Johnny took home in supermini at malvern and briarcliff.

And this whole gift certificate thing and cash or whatever who can prove it anyway ?

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So their will be a 50+ class in the spring series JO?
As mentioned by Connie, 50+ is a permanent class for all OMA tracks.

Double sanctioning, adding more and more classes... My calendar says Groundhog day was a month ago.
Bahumbug was in December dude, get over it.....

Just to reiterate all OMA tracks offer trophy/awards or Tee Shirts, we had bucks in the first year, it didn't work at all tracks so now track bucks are track by track. I usually have about $1000 worth product at my trophy tables, that's just what I do, its my thing. Does everyone have to do it? No. I think we have a good variety of tracks that will make your racing experience a good one. Different trophys/plaques, shirts, kames bucks, swag, party.

Also, Chris Knox is getting a serious rash right now, he has no idea why......Who wants a 125cc Open class for the Battle Series?

Reactions: TBO

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Better make sure you don't run 50+ with the women's.

Those old guys wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they landed on a girl.

(Heard that argument before and I wanted to choke some 50+ guys)

John250

PR Founding Father
Track bucks are great. I get them at DIrt Country all the time, and use them for registration for the next race all the time.

I like Knox's idea, but that's $130 a class in pay out. Doubt that would ever work math wise for a promoter.

If girls and women are going to race.......give them their own gate! Georgie, stop stirring the pot! (and I am not 50)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
40 classes now and you are thinking about another??? You already have a 125 open class... its called 2 stroke
Wait, I forgot. Since you are moving the semi's to Saturday, gotta fill that open time with more classes... no one wants longer moto's

John250

PR Founding Father
Can you imagine the hassles trying to gate classes, and score classes at some of these California tracks, and the mega series tracks that run like 40 or 50 classes. That NEVER seemed to make sense to me what so ever.

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
MX213 and Chillitown offered track bucks as well last year. I can't say if that is for sure again this year, but it was an option last year!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
40 classes now and you are thinking about another??? You already have a 125 open class... its called 2 stroke
Wait, I forgot. Since you are moving the semi's to Saturday, gotta fill that open time with more classes... no one wants longer moto's

Arent you moving to Florida or something........I know that deep in there somewhere resides a little Chris Knox that used to enjoy riding and being at the track......

John250

PR Founding Father
MX213 and Chillitown offered track bucks as well last year. I can't say if that is for sure again this year, but it was an option last year!
The Battle awards are so cool, that everyone wants one of them things for sure.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Arent you moving to Florida or something........I know that deep in there somewhere resides a little Chris Knox that used to enjoy riding and being at the track......
They did not hire me. Apparent I am an A-hole and they don't like me... I don't see it???

I very much enjoy riding and being at the track, just not watching 25+ D 2 stroke with mothers that have green eyes.... Oh, but they will run with the other fourteen 25+ classes on staggered gate drops. Cause crossing the finish line 37th but winning your "class" feels so good and completely different then crossing 37th and being scored 37th...
Good GOD, I need a drink.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Track bucks are great. I get them at DIrt Country all the time, and use them for registration for the next race all the time.

I like Knox's idea, but that's $130 a class in pay out. Doubt that would ever work math wise for a promoter.

If girls and women are going to race.......give them their own gate! Georgie, stop stirring the pot! (and I am not 50)
You don't mean that you bastard. You don't mean that at all mr. "Omg my race day is so effing long let's cut a bunch of classes ". You can't schmooze me that easy you politician.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
They did not hire me. Apparent I am an A-hole and they don't like me... I don't see it???

I very much enjoy riding and being at the track, just not watching 25+ D 2 stroke with mothers that have green eyes.... Oh, but they will run with the other fourteen 25+ classes on staggered gate drops. Cause crossing the finish line 37th but winning your "class" feels so good and completely different then crossing 37th and being scored 37th...
Good GOD, I need a drink.

Perhaps you need to not be yourself in an interview. Once you land the job eff it. Who cares.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The Battle on Sunday does not have 40 classes, because 10 or so are running on Saturday. We have actually reduced the net classes for the big three events for summer.......think about it stats man.

John250

PR Founding Father
Double sanctioning doubles the odds that a non racing rider will never put his foot in the door.

People stop saying it is double sanctioning! I've been around this sport for my entire life. They always had a district, and you had to buy a district card. I believe it was at one time like $11, then it went up a couple times, probably $20 when D11 folded. And you had your AMA card you needed. Now we get a OMA card for $20, and you get $10 back in RMATVMC bucks. And you need your AMA card. This is NOT going to keep someone from competing that wants to race. I hate when I hear that.

They can afford to buy a bike (a few thousand usually), they have a helmet, boots, gear, etc, etc......AMA and a OMA card is not going to stop them. I will agree, I think it would be nice if both the AMA and OMA could offer a one time deal (no points) to buy a OMA and AMA one day pass for $20. Then if they want to race again, that money could perhaps go toward the full membership or something.