double sanctioning

Yea double sanctioning is strong arming people to buy a $100 membership to OMA. Then buy a $20 competition card. And then have to be an AMA member.

And people would pay the $100 membership

People stop saying it is double sanctioning! I've been around this sport for my entire life. They always had a district, and you had to buy a district card. I believe it was at one time like $11, then it went up a couple times, probably $20 when D11 folded. And you had your AMA card you needed. Now we get a OMA card for $20, and you get $10 back in RMATVMC bucks. And you need your AMA card. This is NOT going to keep someone from competing that wants to race. I hate when I hear that.

Emulating an organization that folded sounds like a recipe for growth and success.

There are plenty of OMA races that do not require an AMA card. If someone wants to race for the first time a $25 card is all that's required for these events.

First one is March 29th @ Malvern (0 miles from Malvern;))

Realistically we are taking about 8 of 24 races. So there are 16 races, plus 9 or so fair races that only require the OMA membership, and out of those events, you need to sign up and race two total events to get $30 in rocky mountain bucks. I don't see the issue. Run the battle series alone and you get $40, run the spring and battle and get $90. That's $15 over the cost of each membership.......I'm really not trying to be a smart ass, normally I would be, but again, I don't see the issue here. Where else do you get the benefit of big race events, factory contingency offerings, plus that much rocky mountain bucks guaranteed in return, and you get to ride some of the best tracks in the state. It is my opinion, which I do express freely, that we are doing quite a bit to attract new riders. Good night to all.

For those that say it's not a double sanction and it's just like a district card: you are wrong. If I had a District 6 card, I could race district 11 without signing up, since my home area that I resided in would be my district. That district was recognized throughout all AMA sanctioned events.

Just thought I would clarify that.

Seems that this is the norm though. WNYMA and AMA is required at some tracks in northern PA. Also, PAMX and AMA at others. MDRA and AMA at others MAMA and AMA at others. In my area, you can spend about 300 per rider on cards. Cards for every series, and in PA, we have 6 series with separate cards that run in conjunction with AMA ( MAMA, MDRA, PAMX, MAINLINE, District 34 Ultimate, WNYMA)

Then we have separate organizations not affiliated with the AMA. SwItchback, Masters and another new one with high Voltage and Slipper Rock State Park. All three MX

Masters needs no card. Imagine that. A race without cards can be found

No wonder grass roots off road is killing MX. GNCC at the grass roots is getting so big.. Everyone's on a different page in MX in my area and turnouts are very poor.....

Last edited:
For those that say it's not a double sanction and it's just like a district card: you are wrong. If I had a District 6 card, I could race district 11 without signing up, since my home area that I resided in would be my district. That district was recognized throughout all AMA sanctioned events.

Just thought I would clarify that.

Seems that this is the norm though. WNYMA and AMA is required at some tracks in northern PA. Also, PAMX and AMA at others. MDRA and AMA at others MAMA and AMA at others. In my area, you can spend about 300 per rider on cards. Cards for every series, and in PA, we have 6 series with separate cards that run in conjunction with AMA ( MAMA, MDRA, PAMX, MAINLINE, District 34 Ultimate, WNYMA)

Then we have separate organizations not affiliated with the AMA. SwItchback, Masters and another new one with high Voltage and Slipper Rock State Park. All three MX

Masters needs no card. Imagine that. A race without cards can be found

No wonder grass roots off road is killing MX. GNCC at the grass roots is getting so big.. Everyone's on a different page in MX in my area and turnouts are very poor.....

Greg - I think everyone meant it is like a district card in terms of the cost associated with it. We all know its nothing like a real district card, because ours offers you rocky mountain bucks in return for signing up and racing. No district card does that. You could earn $250 in return for racing OMA this year, and never sign up for an A class. Just another clarification.

Last edited:
Greg, there are only so many weekends. People are not going to run that many different series races. Masters MX, what do you get at end of year? OMA is giving a lot back. Racing is expensive!! If someone is complaining about $20 for a year, your in the wrong sport probably.

Or the ones complaining about $20 have $500 boots, $600 helmets, $200 graphics, etc......I don't get it.

Greg, there are only so many weekends. People are not going to run that many different series races. Masters MX, what do you get at end of year? OMA is giving a lot back. Racing is expensive!! If someone is complaining about $20 for a year, your in the wrong sport probably.

Or the ones complaining about $20 have $500 boots, $600 helmets, $200 graphics, etc......I don't get it.

Thought you were talking about me 'til I got to the last sentence.

I'm not complaining. I do one or two races in most of those series races I listed. I don't have a personal track any longer. Paying someone else to practice or race ( and buying a card) is easier, for sure

The masters series is much different, they don't have anything for A riders but bragging rights and some cash at the end of the year. And lots of old dudes. Lots. That's the appeal to me.

I was just stating a fact that that two sanctions is the norm. That's all.

I'm all for less classes until you get a group of guys that want to race who will FILL the gate and make it worth the while of the promoter....

That's because you don't race. Less classes more laps. I think 30 motos is enough!!

Great example as to why promoters should not make business decisions based on suggestions from a tiny pool of riders on the internet whose goals are personal convenience and not the overall financial success of the event.

Do worry. While we enjoyed riding Briarcliff, we would not be able to deliver a full gate there, and so would never request one. Nor would we ask our members to purchase any membership to ride one event.

And stein wants to run people away from the race track like the 3 wheeler crew who always pack the gate when they say they're gonna pack the gate.

Back