5th annual Moto Mayhem

Meister

PR Founding Father
Well good, then I'll ride that whip for ya and represent in the vet class. Lol..

Anyone else doing double duty these days? Bike and quad? Sounds fun like my "old days".. Lol

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Cant wait to hear more about the track expansion. Anything and everything MORE Chilitown is a great thing.
Looking for a RV to rent so I can stay for a nice 3 day weekend and so I don't have to camp outside AGAIN and freeze my butt off.
All of us that complain about pit riding, this would be a great time to help police it and not just bring it up how bad it was a couple days after. I am bringing my Pit Police badge and a taser for the brats that try to get away :)
The Knox compound will be submitting two chili's for the cook-off. I told Angry Amy that I was going to enter and then she had to step up and say she was going to make one also, just to beat me... THAT, will not happen. Is anyone else going to enter? I want many competitors even though I will have NO competition.
Long term forecast shows no rain next week so we may actually get a Chilitown weekend not spent under an umbrella most of the time. Fingers crossed.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Cant wait to hear more about the track expansion. Anything and everything MORE Chilitown is a great thing.
Looking for a RV to rent so I can stay for a nice 3 day weekend and so I don't have to camp outside AGAIN and freeze my butt off.
All of us that complain about pit riding, this would be a great time to help police it and not just bring it up how bad it was a couple days after. I am bringing my Pit Police badge and a taser for the brats that try to get away :)
The Knox compound will be submitting two chili's for the cook-off. I told Angry Amy that I was going to enter and then she had to step up and say she was going to make one also, just to beat me... THAT, will not happen. Is anyone else going to enter? I want many competitors even though I will have NO competition.
Long term forecast shows no rain next week so we may actually get a Chilitown weekend not spent under an umbrella most of the time. Fingers crossed.
No rain would be a blessing! Either way the track will be prime.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Double D

PR Founding Father
All of us that complain about pit riding, this would be a great time to help police it and not just bring it up how bad it was a couple days aft
I have a 300 hp monster pit vehicle with a 4000 watt stereo I will be racing around. The roads are like Mid Ohio! I can practice my cornering in the Terex!

hershey

PR Elite
So is Chillitown now an AMA sanctioned track for every event?????? I thought the double sanction was just for the battle series? Im not buying an AMA membership for my daughter, she will never use it any where else.

D

DTS

Also didn't know this race was AMA sanctioned. Figured it was just like last years Halloween race since it's not technically part of an AMA series. I'll still be coming but the people who were going to join me are not now. After all the hyping up of this even I did, they're going to be bummed.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
So is Chillitown now an AMA sanctioned track for every event?????? I thought the double sanction was just for the battle series? Im not buying an AMA membership for my daughter, she will never use it any where else.
OMA is not a sanctioning body it is more of a district membership that maintains points for series awards. This is nothing new to racers and we have discussed this many times and I would rather not beat another dead horse. There are discounted levels of AMA membership for those doing limited racing so you may want to look into a one day membership.

Partnering with the AMA has been beneficial to the growth of Chillitown MX and we believe we will continue to grow our events to a national level with their help.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

If you wouldnt throw lavish parties maybe you could afford to let your daughter race, lol.

I bought both of my kids memberships at the malvern battle, knowing full well that they may not like racing, but I thought what the heck, they just might. And if they do, then they can use it for the last round and the first round next year more than likely, plus I get double the rocky mountain bucks with both my kids racing.....Christmas for me!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Dave if you start AMA membership now she will be a life member by the time she's 26 (the gift that keeps giving)

John250

PR Founding Father
I am tired of hearing about the whole AMA membership card issue. For my whole life you needed a AMA membership for 99% of the races I raced. And a district card. SWOHMX is the only one that only requires a AMA card, and no SWOHMX card......but if they figure it out, they will charge $20 for one of those too.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
I don't get it.

The OMA was started because of all of the issues with the AMA and CRA, but now that the OMA has taken off in a big way, they are again aligned with the AMA (in around 25% of the races on the schedule). It's not an issue for us, because we have an AMA card, but I don't understand the whole premise.

Wouldn't be surprised to have an AMA card required at all OMA races next year, as they are basically just another AMA district now. I know, dead horse.

John250

PR Founding Father
I hope they do require AMA card. I believe that the AMA is a good association, and good for motorcycling.

hershey

PR Elite
OMA is not a sanctioning body it is more of a district membership that maintains points for series awards. This is nothing new to racers and we have discussed this many times and I would rather not beat another dead horse. There are discounted levels of AMA membership for those doing limited racing so you may want to look into a one day membership.

Partnering with the AMA has been beneficial to the growth of Chillitown MX and we believe we will continue to grow our events to a national level with their help.

?????? OMA is NOT a sanctioning body? Since when? Do they not track points ? Do they not have year end awards? Yes a district does this but when the OMA was formed you were NOT required to have an AMA membership for any of this. Then the AMA leaked in. Now your saying it is required for all of the CTMX races? Im sorry but this IS new for the racers that race OMA. I know its a dead horse but no one has yet to tell any one how having an AMA membership enhances my (or any one elses ) racing experience in the OMA.

Some one please step up to the plate and tell me how this makes anything better in the OMA. Obviously there is some benefit to the tracks or it wouldnt be happening.