The Mother of All Qualifiers May 6-7-8

Beautiful morning, the track is PRIMO right now with the final prep finishing up. Gonna be a killer day of racing

This was a well run event. My dad and I had a great time. The track time and atmosphere was awesome! This is how a race showed be run. Thanks to Jeremy and all his staff for putting on a cool Sunday/Funday.

What a rollercoaster ride of a weekend. From gale force winds Friday to the severe threat of thunderstorms Saturday, and then the perfect Sunday. I will not forget our 3rd Qualifier. So many things come to mind. Granted the turnout was lighter than I had expected, I really thought 500-600 given the PV AQ, the weather, and Mothers Day, so at 500 it was on the lower side of my guess. However we received so many kudos on the track from so many people, it was a very rewarding weekend from that perspective. I couldn't be happier with the race operation on Sunday, we hit our marks, we were done in record time at 2:21pm. There were very few medical situations, only 2-3, no flights, which for as hard as people were pushing during the races it was quite amazing to only have 2-3. I'm going to attempt this against my better judgment, but Briarcliff is not 1 guy, its an army of volunteers, enthusiasts, and professional. And I have to extend a special thanks to Matt Winland (nitrofish) who volunteered all week leading up to Friday practice, never complained, he is an all-star.

Thanks to:

Cara and my Girls
Mom and Dad
Matt Winland
Brian Purdy
Kip Davis and His Girlfriend
Wink
Dave and Jimmy Karen Hoover
Josh Luebbe
Ben Ernest and Jimmy Fouts
Brian Finckel
Brian and Nikki Wood
Jason & Tina Rogers
Jimmy-Nate-Dan Bible
Connie-Amy-Whitney-Jessica
Abe Tingler-Andrew Martin-Galen-Wayne-JR-Taylor-Joyce-Wally
The entire Hanover EMS Medical Staff - Chief Spellman
Patty and Halley
Alex and Mike at the AMA
Tim Cotter - Mx Sports for giving us another opportunity
Ron Hall
Payton and Todd
Jared L.
Adam Campbell
Josh Fulton
Cory White

Derek Everett - Who came out of retirement to help announce and even ride the AQ!

And Our great Sponsors:

Pat - Huntington Bank
Dave - FLT
Joe - Germain Ford
Jeff - R&R Pipeline
Scott - Rival
Kevin - Mid Ohio
Harold - Franklin Equipment
Mark - Richardson Glass
Eric - SRS
Mike - Sunstar
Tony - Zanesville Materials

Vendors:
Eric - SRS
Jeff - Amsoil
Kyle - FMF
Greg - MotoMD
Ruth and LB - BDPINTL (Best damn pizza in the land)
Rob - Defiance
Mike - FCR

And last and certainly not least all of the riders who come and help make Briarcliff better and better each year......you are the true driving force behind the best up and coming track in eastern Licking County, Ohio.

My apologies if I forgot anyone, that's why I don't try that very often. But so much work went into this event I felt compelled to do so.

Last edited:
What a rollercoaster ride of a weekend. From gale force winds Friday to the severe threat of thunderstorms Saturday, and then the perfect Sunday. I will not forget our 3rd Qualifier. So many things come to mind. Granted the turnout was lighter than I had expected, I really thought 500-600 given the PV AQ, the weather, and Mothers Day, so at 500 it was on the lower side of my guess. However we received so many kudos on the track from so many people, it was a very rewarding weekend from that perspective. I couldn't be happier with the race operation on Sunday, we hit our marks, we were done in record time at 2:21pm. There were very few medical situations, only 2-3, no flights, which for as hard as people were pushing during the races it was quite amazing to only have 2-3. I'm going to attempt this against my better judgment, but Briarcliff is not 1 guy, its an army of volunteers, enthusiasts, and professional. And I have to extend a special thanks to Matt Winland (nitrofish) who volunteered all week leading up to Friday practice, never complained, he is an all-star.

Thanks to:

Cara and my Girls
Mom and Dad
Matt Winland
Brian Purdy
Kip Davis and His Girlfriend
Wink
Dave and Jimmy Karen Hoover
Josh Luebbe
Ben Ernest and Jimmy Fouts
Brian Finckel
Brian and Nikki Wood
Jason & Tina Rogers
Jimmy-Nate-Dan Bible
Connie-Amy-Whitney-Jessica
Abe Tingler-Andrew Martin-Galen-Wayne-JR-Taylor-Joyce-Wally
The entire Hanover EMS Medical Staff - Chief Spellman
Patty and Halley
Alex and Mike at the AMA
Tim Cotter - Mx Sports for giving us another opportunity
Ron Hall
Payton and Todd
Jared L.
Adam Campbell
Josh Fulton
Cory White

Derek Everett - Who came out of retirement to help announce and even ride the AQ!

And Our great Sponsors:

Pat - Huntington Bank
Dave - FLT
Joe - Germain Ford
Jeff - R&R Pipeline
Scott - Rival
Kevin - Mid Ohio
Harold - Franklin Equipment
Mark - Richardson Glass
Eric - SRS
Mike - Sunstar
Tony - Zanesville Materials

Vendors:
Eric - SRS
Jeff - Amsoil
Kyle - FMF
Eric - MotoMD
Ruth and LB - BDPINTL (Best damn pizza in the land)
Rob - Defiance
Mike - FCR

And last and certainly not least all of the riders who come and help make Briarcliff better and better each year......you are the true driving force behind the best up and coming track in eastern Licking County, Ohio.

My apologies if I forgot anyone, that's why I don't try that very often. But so much work went into this event I felt compelled to do so.

Wow, you guys did an awesome job. Thanks to you and your staff, we had a great time this weekend.

Last edited:
that's just georgie being georgie.....we are in no way even in the same ball park as Red Bud, not even in the parking garage three blocks away. But we are getting touch screens before King of the Cliff, so that should put us in the same zip code at least.

that's just georgie being georgie.....we are in no way even in the same ball park as Red Bud, not even in the parking garage three blocks away. But we are getting touch screens before King of the Cliff, so that should put us in the same zip code at least.

I would prefer to race BC over red bud. I don't like sand.....so to each their own. BC's track is better than Red Bud for some of us. Now, get your pits as nice as Red Bud and you win.

Back