Must Read...Ask the experts!

Man looks like the national level races only pull 3 more riders than the local level. So I guess Ohio moto isn't doing to bad!!!

According to the experts.

I’m more interested in yours and mx315 expert opinion on Jordon burns getting kicked out of strung out. I’m devastated, help me through this.

View attachment 58096
Not bad Georgie...3 out of 7 Good expert strategy.Hit the first qualifier and not a lot of people will be in the class! Not the full gates you experts always talk about though. Never less Good luck at the regional.
But hey moto isn’t dead ! What do I know ? People from NC don’t even show up to their home qualifier. And come to think of it a local race might pull 4 on a good day. But vet C Will pull 10-15. (Probably why I’ll risk racin qualifiers more so than local)

Maybe 12 will be at the regional. I’ll just ride dirty and tell everyone 40 was on the gate.

On a serious note the guys that were there were quick and made me work my ass off. So the regional will have an ample amount of competition, no doubt.

Not a Loretta’s expert but I think they take the top 7?? So no matter where you finished you were IN!!! Expert work there!

Not a Loretta’s expert but I think they take the top 7?? So no matter where you finished you were IN!!! Expert work there!
Top 8 qualifier. 6 from the regional.

So where you goin with all this?

Send your money in they’ll take you up to 12th pretty much....and in all but 3 qualifiers nationwide up until now there were less than 10 signed up. One had 3.... Atleast the regional level packs them in.

When can Dave or Georgie come to COCR to give me some feedback? John250 lost some cred by calling a mudfest, so I need one of the others to come out.
I didn't ride but drove up to pay my membership fee and the track looked awesome. I wouldn't give the track too much credit, they did get a lot of help from mother nature.

Last edited:
Top 8 qualifier. 6 from the regional.

So where you goin with all this?

Send your money in they’ll take you up to 12th pretty much....and in all but 3 qualifiers nationwide up until now there were less than 10 signed up. One had 3.... Atleast the regional level packs them in.

12? Try everyone! U race a area just sign up for a regional . U kno this porgie

12? Try everyone! U race a area just sign up for a regional . U kno this porgie
That's why the regionals are total BS in my opinion when 60 plus riders are there in a class. The areas should allow for 40 plus 3 alternates to make it to the regionals then out of 40 on the gate, X number make the show. Isn't the whole purpose of the areas to narrow the group down to the top guys making it to the regionals? When they take everyone that basically pays their $10 at the area qualifier, it makes that area qualifier totally pointless. How about we just send them the extra $10 and just have the regionals then? Oh wait, I hate bringing common sense into a discussion about Lorettas qualifying.

That's why the regionals are total BS in my opinion when 60 plus riders are there in a class. The areas should allow for 40 plus 3 alternates to make it to the regionals then out of 40 on the gate, X number make the show. Isn't the whole purpose of the areas to narrow the group down to the top guys making it to the regionals? When they take everyone that basically pays their $10 at the area qualifier, it makes that area qualifier totally pointless. How about we just send them the extra $10 and just have the regionals then? Oh wait, I hate bringing common sense into a discussion about Lorettas qualifying.

Common sense ?

Let's check the Basic math?

"They take everyone that basically pays their $10."
I don't think so. I'm not an Expert but I can add.

Let’s have a look at one class in one region. 250 – C

And mind you there are 36 classes…in 8 different Regions throughout the country.
But for the sake of common sense, let’s just pick one. Plain old 250 – C in one Region.

Last year 250 – C had these entries at the Mid-East Area’s.

Fast Farms = 22
Nickota = 22
Malvern = 28
Wildcat Creek = 31
Briarcliff = 31
Red Bud = 43
Baja = 36
Thunder Valley = 16

That’s a Total of : 229 at the Area’s for one class. So some narrowing out must be happening.

If you took that 229 X the 18 classes (the Regionals are split between Youth & Amateur) you'd have over 4000 showing up at a two day race.

My point is simple. When you make it through and area qualifier to a regional, there should be the top 40 on the gate for the motos. No qualifiers at a regional if that means less go from the area, then less go. 40 on the gate, 3 alternates for injuries, etc. and go racing no 60 or 70 guys at a regional in a class. Defeats the purpose of having the best 40 on the line for 3 motos at a regional to take 8 or whatever to the national.

But saying - They take everyone that basically pays $10 - is not true.
I'll bet the host track is thrilled when they have some qualifiers to run.

My point is simple. When you make it through and area qualifier to a regional, there should be the top 40 on the gate for the motos. No qualifiers at a regional if that means less go from the area, then less go. 40 on the gate, 3 alternates for injuries, etc. and go racing no 60 or 70 guys at a regional in a class. Defeats the purpose of having the best 40 on the line for 3 motos at a regional to take 8 or whatever to the national.

Why ? What's different about your scenario VS the way it is?

John250 Expert math ..And at running mx sports..And predicting weather “mud fest” Expert at predicting OIR will never open also..Now we are having some fun! I was saying Georgie like no matter what you finished you were in. 3rd is hardcore though Props for sure!

I could see them limiting it to 40 only to regionals If and only if there were 90 guys showing up to the qualifiers.

At the end of the day there are a lot of fast guys but they can’t be everywhere. I used to think it was dumb to overbook regionals but really it does create the best racing. Even if you don’t make it to Loretta’s you still got 3 competitive motos out of a weekend race.

IMO it's nice that they take so many people for regionals.
There's 2 types of riders that go to regionals: People genuinely trying to grab a top 6 spot, and people that are there to battle with the best competition around to see where they stack up while enjoying the regional experience. For many people racing regionals is the goal.

Anyone worried about having to run a qualifier at the regional I have to question why you'd even bother showing up, clearly you're not shooting for the top 6 so you're there to enjoy close competition racing right? You'll get it, maybe you won't make it out of the lcq, but at that point you still had 2 great motos of the best racing around.

I know the next argument, you "earned" a qualifying spot and paid for 3 motos, now you want your 3 motos right? Well, race for them. If you were fast enough to qualify, you should be fast enough to get on the gate for that 3rd moto, if not maybe the competition is closer than you think- which is what you came for.

Also, if you pulled an expert move at the area and placed 7th out of only 7 people, what makes you think you're more qualified than the guy that placed 10th out of 30?
Power ranking says otherwise

F power rankings, F taking #12, F giving everyone a spot! This is a National! PERIOD! If the rules that have been printed before hand say top what ever qualify then so be it. Stop being winning pieces of S*IT, and follow the rules. Life isn’t a bowl of cherries. Play the cards your delt. The world will be a better place!

On that note the army me dealt me a “hey your going to Wisconsin for 5 days....tomorrow morning”

Yes I agree with you it’s a National. But the gates aren’t full at the qualifiers. If they had full gates or had to run qualifiers to get a spot on the main gate that’s a different story. It’s kinda backwards the way they have it now....

F power rankings, F taking #12, F giving everyone a spot! This is a National! PERIOD! If the rules that have been printed before hand say top what ever qualify then so be it. Stop being winning pieces of S*IT, and follow the rules. Life isn’t a bowl of cherries. Play the cards your delt. The world will be a better place!
I'm not the one worried and whining, nor do I have a problem with the system. Just doesn't make sense to complain about. The alternate system is in the rules. Top 8 is guaranteed, that doesn't mean that's all they take. If you're focused on making it to the ranch and you have to run the LCQ at a regional, your chances are over at that point.

Idk, I don't really care. Being an alternate isn't my goal. Less complaining more racing, if you don't like it don't race it.

Just my opinion . Everyone has them. I just don't remember any over booking for regionals when I went to lorettas,, and I also remember the gates at the qalifers being pretty full that year

Back