Lorettas 2016 -- Who are the Heavy Hitters?

Another non-racing highlight of the week was early on...Monday night I think? Maybe Sunday night, can't remember.

Anyway, cruising through the lower pits by the river back to camp, see a crowd ahead and hear a band playing....as we get closer Kari says "hey that looks like Grega..."
Sure enough, our own Double D is putting on a one man band show, guitar in hand and singing for the crowd. Dude from SOBMX or Brewster cycles or something had a full setup with guitars, amps and all that setup and there is Double D singing a set! Tim Cotter even came down for a bit!

Yes, Loretta Lynn's is quite the experience if you take it all in. There is so much going on everywhere all the time, and even late night at the beer tent can be some great bench racing with other Vets. Very cool stuff and getting to see people just be themselves is pretty cool. Watching tomorrow's superstars as kids tell you a lot about many of them and what type of person they are. Travis Pastrana was a youngster down there for many years that I went, and as you would expect, he was cliff jumping off of anything and everything he could find into the river (they no longer allow that). RC was pretty focused and you wouldn't see him too many places as a kid, he was there to race and win! But when he came back for +25 class run, he was in the beer tent every night, not caring about his training anymore. JLaw was calling out RV on the podium after winning his class saying "there was supposed to be this other fast guy from Washington here, but I never saw him" - and we all know how that turned out. The Coombs family works their butts off the entire time they are there...... and Davey has always been super nice to anyone that speaks to him cordially. I asked for wifi code for work emails and he walked me into the FOX tree house, introduced me to the Fox head honchos and asked them to give me their private wifi code so I could get my work done. Who was in the Fox tree house at the time??? RC, James Stewart, Travis Pastrana, Geoff Fox, among others..... and I got to hang out and shoot the BS with them for a while just because I needed to get some work done and asked Davey for some help.

Back