Loretta Lynn Qualifier Schedule

I also believe you should only be able to get in LL out of one regional.
What a surprise ....

My reasons:

First off, kind of like how the Pro MX was ruined , imo, by giving points per moto and no added bonus for being an overall winner. MX used to also be an endurance sport. The rider who could do the best the entire day in both races got all the points for first, now you can still get first place points for one moto and have a bad 2nd moto and get no points.
What? This is a LL schedule discussion...not Pro- points . Don't mix the two just to distract with meaningless confusion.

The regionals are the same, if you do bad at one race you just drive down the road and try again. Lets say you do well and knock out a guy who only raced one region and was on the bubble.
How would that be? Are you making things up?

Now he is out and isnt going.....maybe it was a bad day for him and it was better than the other guys bad day .... but now he is out when he shouldnt have been.
Now you want to feel for the other guy? ....please. Again, how would this happen?

Next you have guys running regionals in more than one region. I witnessed 2 things last year ....both instances teh rider at fault was already in from another region. #1....rider took out 5 kids in a crash.
2 didnt make another moto and both were up front in the first moto.
So if the kid causing the crash wasn't already qualified it would be different how?
#2.... most riders who are in already will pull of the last lap or pull out of the last moto but one didnt and placed in the top 6 getting a 2nd ticket for the same class. Im not sure if something was done about it or not.
It's not an issue. You can only take one spot in a class. I don't think you're current on the way riders are placed.

Its not my place to say if its right or wrong but I dont believe its right.
But you'll tell us anyway
It wont help me do any better
Yes it does, it gives you more opportunity to qualify.

Man, someone pissed in Sharc's Wheaties this morning......Bet he even yelled at some kid making a snow angel in his yard today.

This all reminds me of an old quote i've heard. "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story."

This August I'll be ready to see CK317 put'er in the top 5 of the 40+.

how is anyone twisting anything OK no more relating it to anything else. Please tell us ALL how you possible think a racer that is not good enough to get in the top 7 in the small region you live in. why should they even get a chance to qualify for the national in a region they dont even live in.
Answer that and you win

how is anyone twisting anything OK no more relating it to anything else. Please tell us ALL how you possible think a racer that is not good enough to get in the top 7 in the small region you live in. why should they even get a chance to qualify for the national in a region they dont even live in.
Answer that and you win

I think you're looking at it backwards. Some regions have typically been much tougher than others. It has leveled a little in recent years, but why should a guy from a slow region get to go just because he gets top 6 on a gate full of goons and another guy gets 9th from a region that is stacked with gnarly guys who hit the gym everyday and ride 30 minute motos during the week?

The system has always basically sent the fastest that WANTED to go.

As other areas of the country have caught up in talent this has been less of a problem. Riders have rode multiple regionals since at least the late 80's. This isn't a new phenomenon. Allowing multiple regionals helps fill in the talent gaps of the slow and fast regions.

I think you're looking at it backwards. Some regions have typically been much tougher than others. It has leveled a little in recent years, but why should a guy from a slow region get to go just because he gets top 6 on a gate full of goons and another guy gets 9th from a region that is stacked with gnarly guys who hit the gym everyday and ride 30 minute motos during the week?

The system has always basically sent the fastest that WANTED to go.

As other areas of the country have caught up in talent this has been less of a problem. Riders have rode multiple regionals since at least the late 80's. This isn't a new phenomenon. Allowing multiple regionals helps fill in the talent gaps of the slow and fast regions.
your correct it forsure can be viewed that way and to take it to the extreme other side then why not run 5 regionals in Cali since that is where all the fast guys are.

your correct it forsure can be viewed that way and to take it to the extreme other side then why not run 5 regionals in Cali since that is where all the fast guys are.
Unfortunately, for California guys, they live so far from the race that we probably only see a fraction of them at LL's. It's likely that they would dominate worse than they do now if geography wasn't such an issue for them.

There's no doubt that MX Sports is a money machine, which is what makes it so great to live in America if you have a mind for business. None of us are forced to attend their events.

From what I have seen, no shortage of California riders a Lorettas or Mini Os. Hell, look how many foreign riders, California riders etc go to Daytona. There was a Vet there last year from Washington State.

What a surprise ....

And why the sarcasm ? Why is it you need to make fun? Did I dig on you? Are you hurt that I have a view different than your own?

What? This is a LL schedule discussion...not Pro- points . Don't mix the two just to distract with meaningless confusion.

Its a comparison of how pro MX is no longer about surviving the entire day and being rewarded for doing so better than the rest of the field of riders and LL regionals being about who wants to run around the entire country to get a regional spot. If you arent just quite fast enough in one region you can try in another where maybe there are slower riders....or make up for a bad race weekend. Hardly meaningless confusion if you take the time to actually read what I said with thoughtful intent instead of ways to insult.

How would that be? Are you making things up?

Not making anything up....a rider from the NE region has a bad weekend and doesnt earn a ticket....he drives to the SE region and places 6th beating a local that got 7th and was having a bad weekend too. The out of region rider took the local riders spot in the hypothetical "your region only" qualifying scenario.

So if the kid causing the crash wasn't already qualified it would be different how?
It's not an issue. You can only take one spot in a class. I don't think you're current on the way riders are placed.

No, instead of getting a ticket the rider is thrown into the power ranking. If his local regional was smaller but had much faster riders he could potentially lose a spot altogether to a slower rider at a larger regional. I understand very well how riders are placed.

But you'll tell us anyway

Its not my place to TELL anyone whats right or wrong for them. Its my constitutional right to have an opinion, as a member of this free public forum its also my right to voice that opinion....and if you noticed I didnt have a need to insult people when voicing my opinion nor for having their own , noninsulting, opinion.

Yes it does, it gives you more opportunity to qualify.

It wont make me a better rider. Even if they changed it to only qualify from your own region Im not making it most likely. My point being that my opinion on the situation isnt driven by wanting to race at LL.

Its funny you felt the need to bash and insult, nothing in my post was abrasive or insulting to anyone. I have an opinion and Pitracer is all about voicing our thoughts and opinions along with riding stories. You love to bash what you call the "experts".....Attacking people for their thoughts and opinions is as bad as it gets, your posts on this thread are easily on the same level of anyone you have talked trash about for their posts on here.

Would PR or the USA be better off if thoughts and opinions were sensored because somebody didnt agree or it hurt their feelings? I think not.

I thought motosoprt trails (Run by Gary Pontius) was what finally became spring valley? I know I have trophys from the early 90's racing there and it did become Spring Valley (Ran by Bill ??)
What we know as Malvern was originally called Motosport Trails. I don't remember the reason, but they actually closed that track in the late 80's and opened (moved) Motosport Trails to what ended up being renamed to Spring Valley. Then later the original location re-opened as Malvern MX.

Pit is correct. Gary took over Motorsport Trails after Nancy McLaughlin passed away over the winter of 1985/86. The original track close down in 1987. Gary moved it and later on change the name from Motorsports Trails to Spring Valley.

A little trivia.
Original format for the regionals were 3 Moto's, 20 minutes long, with one Moto as a throw out moto. So if you went 1-1 you didn't have to race your last Moto, you were guaranteed the overall. It also allowed you a second chance in case you had bike problems or say a first turn crash in one of the Moto's.

A little trivia.
Original format for the regionals were 3 Moto's, 20 minutes long, with one Moto as a throw out moto. So if you went 1-1 you didn't have to race your last Moto, you were guaranteed the overall. It also allowed you a second chance in case you had bike problems or say a first turn crash in one of the Moto's.
Yep until 1990 I believe? I went 1-1 at Delta and then decided to crash in the first turn my third Moto! I coulda been somebody.

Back