2018 Local Moto Changes

stumpy823

PR Member
So if you're a vet a rode a outlaw race that doesn't separate vet classes but pays cash and you won some are you and A rider in the AMA

Plus I think tracks should pay in coors light

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I do still enjoy the special occasion trophies such as the battle races and some tracks qualifier trophies. Chillitown always does a sick job with those as does briar and malvern. I like looking at those and being able to remember the exact day and race for the most part. Aside from that I'll take the T-shirt instead.
Anything is better than the typical wood plaque or tall plastic trophy. Visa gift cards should be simple. Hell chipotle actually, just pay me out in burritos, give me some extra motivation on the starting line.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I know a couple tracks in southern Ohio that actually pay out cash for 40+ as well as holeshot awards... bw3 usually sponsors holeshot awards at Cocr, gran the holeshot and you got yourself a $15 gift card.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
If chipotle sponsors holeshot awards I'm hearing my bike up to 12-55 to rip holeys then pull off. 3rd gear. On the fender. Free burritos.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Romanyak256

PR Addict
The point is although they don’t have the best prep or track or whatever they always try to do things to bring people.

John250

PR Founding Father
So if you're a vet a rode a outlaw race that doesn't separate vet classes but pays cash and you won some are you and A rider in the AMA

Plus I think tracks should pay in coors light

Stumpy, I am all for that! Find me the Coors Light series and I am in.

The Supercross series had its best days in the late 80s and early 90s when Coors Light and Camel were the major sponsors.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
3EFFE7EF-8583-4B70-889F-20235BE7B74D.jpeg
Aside from the Jersey I wore that night, this is the only souvenir I have from my Supercriss point. A pack of Camels with no state stamp.

Stumpy, I am all for that! Find me the Coors Light series and I am in.

The Supercross series had its best days in the late 80s and early 90s when Coors Light and Camel were the major sponsors.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Maybe it’s the onset of winter but the more I think about this multiple sanctioning thing, the more it bothers me. I know for a fact that “$25 isn’t going to keep people from racing” opinion is in fact keeping people away. I know of 4 guys that did not race Chillitown because of the membership fees. They did not care it was discounted to $5. It was the point.
I may just take my $50 in bogus membership fees and spend it at tracks that don’t change for one. I just want to race. Not buy instant mash potatoes or tear-offs to give away at a banquet that I and half of the other “members” do not attend.
I am very happy and thankful to the promoters that got together, but it’s about the racing. Not the pumpkin pie.
Damnit. Now I want pumpkin pie. Great

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Maybe it’s the onset of winter but the more I think about this multiple sanctioning thing, the more it bothers me. I know for a fact that “$25 isn’t going to keep people from racing” opinion is in fact keeping people away. I know of 4 guys that did not race Chillitown because of the membership fees. They did not care it was discounted to $5. It was the point.
I may just take my $50 in bogus membership fees and spend it at tracks that don’t change for one. I just want to race. Not buy instant mash potatoes or tear-offs to give away at a banquet that I and half of the other “members” do not attend.
I am very happy and thankful to the promoters that got together, but it’s about the racing. Not the pumpkin pie.
Damnit. Now I want pumpkin pie. Great

691 entries at CT.......yep the memberships really killed it. You want to race? Then why don't you do it? Talks cheap knox. At least DHDS01 races, he talks a lot, but he actually races too.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
691 entries at CT.......yep the memberships really killed it. You want to race? Then why don't you do it? Talks cheap knox. At least DHDS01 races, he talks a lot, but he actually races too.
Look closer at the CT entry list....
Guys don’t race Chillitown because it is OMA or District 11, they race there because of the product.
OMA sells what, 2000 membership per year? At $25 a pop? This is what, year 4ish? By my early morning math that is $200,000 in membership fees collected. How much of that has went into growing/improving the sport in ways of shard scoring and other electronic technology’s? Training programs for flaggers and track workers? New racer programs that offer a free try or even riding lessons for those wanting and willing to give this crazy sport a chance?
And this is just some 7am items.
Or has the majority of that membership plunder went into rewarding the past?

Now I have heard the OMA banquet is very nice with top notch giveaways. And don’t get me wrong, I like undercooked chicken and over cooked mashed potatoes as much as the next guy. But if we are not investing in the future on items that will help truly grow the sport and benefit all the “members”, then we are wasting the money, and worse, the opertunity to do so.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Look closer at the CT entry list....
Guys don’t race Chillitown because it is OMA or District 11, they race there because of the product.
OMA sells what, 2000 membership per year? At $25 a pop? This is what, year 4ish? By my early morning math that is $200,000 in membership fees collected. How much of that has went into growing/improving the sport in ways of shard scoring and other electronic technology’s? Training programs for flaggers and track workers? New racer programs that offer a free try or even riding lessons for those wanting and willing to give this crazy sport a chance?
And this is just some 7am items.
Or has the majority of that membership plunder went into rewarding the past?

Now I have heard the OMA banquet is very nice with top notch giveaways. And don’t get me wrong, I like undercooked chicken and over cooked mashed potatoes as much as the next guy. But if we are not investing in the future on items that will help truly grow the sport and benefit all the “members”, then we are wasting the money, and worse, the opertunity to do so.
Too early to be this drunk sir, your math skills require a calculator.....I know a calculator is 1985 tool, my bad. However, we have averaged less than 2000, more like 1600-1700, and that math is 40-42,500 American dollars.....discuss more please.

You should attend our banquet. I will personally buy your ticket, and pay your gas to get there out of my own pocket, not the OMA. I give you full range to critique it fully, give a review. I think you might have a different opinion once you give it a chance.

John250

PR Founding Father

Knox races. He's been to pretty much all the RaceOhio races. It seemed like we were racing every weekend for 9 or 10 weeks in a row.

hershey

PR Elite
Too early to be this drunk sir, your math skills require a calculator.....I know a calculator is 1985 tool, my bad. However, we have averaged less than 2000, more like 1600-1700, and that math is 40-42,500 American dollars.....discuss more please.

You should attend our banquet. I will personally buy your ticket, and pay your gas to get there out of my own pocket, not the OMA. I give you full range to critique it fully, give a review. I think you might have a different opinion once you give it a chance.

16-1700??? CRA used to average 3000 riders. Where is everyone?

And Knox was at CTMX, worked saturday and raced on sunday! He didnt even run me over after I layed the bike down in the 1st turn after pulling a holeshot in the 40 class!!

Thanks Knox