2018 Local Moto Changes

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Too early to be this drunk sir, your math skills require a calculator.....I know a calculator is 1985 tool, my bad. However, we have averaged less than 2000, more like 1600-1700, and that math is 40-42,500 American dollars.....discuss more please.

You should attend our banquet. I will personally buy your ticket, and pay your gas to get there out of my own pocket, not the OMA. I give you full range to critique it fully, give a review. I think you might have a different opinion once you give it a chance.
Do I get to sit at your table?
Oh I just checked. I’m busy that weekend.... darn.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I'm not going that far with this science experiment, and we haven't released the banquet date yet, that I know of.......You should be free, I'm sure of it.

bockscars

PR Member
How about some musing about something other than money and where it goes?

At CTMX last weekend, wasn't able to race but still went to enjoy the weekend (first trip there) and there were 90 racers in the 250 classes, 60 of them in C. There were 4 or 5 riders in the C that not only could have been in the B but their lap times would've put them in the top half of the pack. I've never really looked into it before, but what is the general guideline for tracks/series bumping guys up? Or more, not necessarily what is the rule, but how do you/would you handle it if you were a track promoter?

I'm not saying make the top 20 C riders just go into B, but hey if you want to cut a race out to save time that would've eliminated the need for a consi and the additional first moto qualifier. Or more, encourage slower/newer riders into the Open D class which had over 20 empty gates. Is it an issue of pride, not wanting to offend guys/risk turning them off by asking them to ride a higher/lower class? What about a "high-C" and "low-C" for large races like this, with the low-C riding staggered with the Open D class or the high riding with the B, which again would eliminate two gate drops.

I know that if you move up to B you can't just easily slide back down, and one race isn't enough to justify a bump up, but is there anyone looking at these things except when a guy is clearly sandbagging to the point of lapping the class?

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I’m not one for running for points or whatever, bc to me it’s usually who spent the most money by racing every weekend... but the oma has a dope ass banquet that’s for sure. Food was amazing when I went, dessert was sweet and the prizes were awesome. I got 2 pair of 100% goggles, a tire and a VP gas can and some other things I can’t remember. I’d say I walked out of there with about $400 worth of product from finishing 2nd in 25+, and that’s not including the prize I won from a door prize...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Step away from the c class arguments! Can’t be won!!!!! Won’t be changed. 80% of the class never comes back to the sport anyway.

I got No evidence to back that up. Besides b class only ever pulls 12-19 on a really good day. You’d think If c was full gated in 2015 then atleast by 2017 B Would be full gated. Nope.

John250

PR Founding Father
Exactly my point. The B class should be a little bigger than it is, if people are being moved up. But what happens is, guys petition back down to C class. The AMA grants the petition, of course with the $50 check. They try to qualify for Loretta Lynns or do qualify. Once they do, they say man I just spent $10,000 trying to go to a National. I am going to go be a pro-practice guy and you might see them race once or twice a year.

MX099

PR Addict
Exactly my point. The B class should be a little bigger than it is, if people are being moved up. But what happens is, guys petition back down to C class. The AMA grants the petition, of course with the $50 check. They try to qualify for Loretta Lynns or do qualify. Once they do, they say man I just spent $10,000 trying to go to a National. I am going to go be a pro-practice guy and you might see them race once or twice a year.

I think they are going to the woods. Just under 2400 racers at Ironman GNCC last weekend.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I wouldn’t necessarily say they’re going to the woods, I feel like most C riders opt to ride age classes (14-24,25+). But to touch on the subject of woods.. when I bought my new bike a couple months back, I’d planned on just practicing and riding MX tracks, after riding beans, Malvern... I decided it wasn’t want I wanted to do bc it wasn’t fun to me (not saying their tracks aren’t fun) I just enjoy flowing through the woods more now. Also I feel it’s more safe to ride the woods versus an MX track, I don’t have to worry about being landed on nor do I have to have the balls to jump a huge jump

jpelaston

PR Member
Too early to be this drunk sir, your math skills require a calculator.....I know a calculator is 1985 tool, my bad. However, we have averaged less than 2000, more like 1600-1700, and that math is 40-42,500 American dollars.....discuss more please.

You should attend our banquet. I will personally buy your ticket, and pay your gas to get there out of my own pocket, not the OMA. I give you full range to critique it fully, give a review. I think you might have a different opinion once you give it a chance.

42,500 x 4 years = 170,000

His rough mental math isn't too far off....

That's a lot of scratch made in membership fees. I haven't been to an OMA banquet and likely will not but the series I ride has a $15 membership fee and we have a killer banquet at a nice hotel/convention center and awards average out to over $150 per rider and it doesn't cost anywhere near $42k, even with overhead.

Being on the board of a promoters group, a racer, and involved in a district series, I definitely understand both sides of it. The rider side of me want's to see value in these membership fees I pay out. I pay $50 to the AMA right off the top and never feel like I get anything out of that. They cannot even police or enforce their class structure. Add in on top of that another $15-$25 in memberships just to participate in the sport. It's not surprising we have so many "Pro Practice Riders".

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
42,500 x 4 years = 170,000

His rough mental math isn't too far off....

That's a lot of scratch made in membership fees. I haven't been to an OMA banquet and likely will not but the series I ride has a $15 membership fee and we have a killer banquet at a nice hotel/convention center and awards average out to over $150 per rider and it doesn't cost anywhere near $42k, even with overhead.

Being on the board of a promoters group, a racer, and involved in a district series, I definitely understand both sides of it. The rider side of me want's to see value in these membership fees I pay out. I pay $50 to the AMA right off the top and never feel like I get anything out of that. They cannot even police or enforce their class structure. Add in on top of that another $15-$25 in memberships just to participate in the sport. It's not surprising we have so many "Pro Practice Riders".

I missed the per year, my assumption was he was off his meds, and that was a one year calculation.

I'm sure your banquet is very nice, but we usually hand out 400-500 awards, give away 10k in free product, 15k in grand prizes (Tvs, computers, mountain bikes etc), everyone gets a goody bag of trinkets at the door, something like 5k in hoodys or whatever we give class champions (Overall-Saturday Night-Super-Battle), we usually do a 50/50 drawing and draw two tickets instead of keeping the other half, last year was about 800-1000 bucks each. Our ticket sales usually cover all but like 5k of the John C Meyers Center, which is the most economical place I've found when you get over 600 people. I know I've never been to banquet like ours anywhere in the last 30 years. I'm proud of what we do for the riders, and if some don't want to attend, that's cool too. Its a free country.

If we did get 2000 members, then we would give away even more stuff.

MX315

PR Addict
Same old guys ....Same old bullshit ....hahaha Ck "where does the money go" Build your own damn track and find out. For f's sake ..if anyone new to the sport came on here and seen how much you bitch about EVERYTHING ...they would immediately be turned off by the sport! People like you is what is wrong with it the sport! No matter what these track owners do, You sir will never be satisfied EVER!!!!

John250

PR Founding Father
Same old guys ....Same old bullshit ....hahaha Ck "where does the money go" Build your own damn track and find out. For f's sake ..if anyone new to the sport came on here and seen how much you bitch about EVERYTHING ...they would immediately be turned off by the sport! People like you is what is wrong with it the sport! No matter what these track owners do, You sir will never be satisfied EVER!!!!
I disagree. You see it as bitching, and I see it as feedback. Feedback that has made some changes. CK will go out and help a track, flag or whatever. How many people do that?

Perhaps your too sensitive for Pitracer.

MX315

PR Addict
Nobody see's you two as feedback ...try again.Sensitive ..that's funny coming from you.Pretty sure it was close battle for the "pitbitch" trophy ...Second is the first Loser John..You always can try for 2018!!

jpelaston

PR Member
I can vouch for CK. I reached out to him this spring, having never met him or even talked to him on here for some help and he took his time and drove to my place to offer assistance and opinions.

The reason I asked him instead of any number of others on here is if he says something sucks, he doesn't just say it sucks and walk off. He offers what I feel is constructive criticism. Something that real complainers DO NOT do.

hershey

PR Elite

I think you have him all wrong, Have you ever met the guy in person? Did you know he helps at tracks like Chillitown? His family used to run a track, did you know that?

Cracks me up when people say that stuff, sure some are arm chair warriors but some of us actually put in real effort, time and money to help tracks and riders. Yet names like pitbitch and worse get thrown out there.

tank166

PR Addict
I don't personally know ck but have read a lot of his reviews from races I was at and he is normally right on the money. I thought his reviews have been fair and more positive than mine may have been. He seems to truly want to help the sport and that is why people are speaking up.
Now if you call Hershey a dick I don't think anyone would argue.