2018 Local Moto Changes

I've been out of the sport for a few years now do to college and plan on getting back into it next summer. I plan on buying a new 450 and if the 25+ class is dropped then my only option is Open B/C and wouldn't have a second class to run.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
C is the new B. don’t worry about people crossing over and landing on people. I don’t think it will be a factor.

Open B/C would be great.

The 40 second c class smashers would probably sell their 450s and stay in 250C.

B/c on the local level allows those guys that are going for nationals a place to race locally without being called a c class smasher. Locally A And B/C seems like smartest route to go.

Last edited:

BJ@Beansbikepark

PR Founding Father
Knox, you and i should hop in the car on a cold Saturday and go have an ice cold Coors light with BJ. About time we meet the president of the fan club.

They must be more sensitive in NE Ohio than SW Ohio. We know they are definitely way more liberal.
Or you two could come up next year and tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I bet you'll say best track I rode all year and can't believe that guy does that big track all by himself.
Side note don't drink and voted for trump. Own over 20 guns far from liberal.
Another side note do agree with some of what you say ck and I do respect that you and douch 250 do support your local racing scene.

hershey

PR Elite
Or you two could come up next year and tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I bet you'll say best track I rode all year and can't believe that guy does that big track all by himself.
Side note don't drink and voted for trump. Own over 20 guns far from liberal.
Another side note do agree with some of what you say ck and I do respect that you and douch 250 do support your local racing scene.

2nd this ^^^^^ I haven't made Beans more than 2 times this year unfortunately but it is my favorite Ohio track. Once Austin can ride 65's good enough we will be there much more often.

I still don't understand why his place has a stigma of being to hard and for pros only. It's very safe and extremely fun. The prep has been perfect the times I have gone the last 2 years as well.

John259.....BJ is anything but liberal!!! Lmao

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
And....BJ has a dope Benz. You still got that thing ? Love the square body styles with the windshield wipers on the headlights.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
2nd this ^^^^^ I haven't made Beans more than 2 times this year unfortunately but it is my favorite Ohio track. Once Austin can ride 65's good enough we will be there much more often.

I still don't understand why his place has a stigma of being to hard and for pros only. It's very safe and extremely fun. The prep has been perfect the times I have gone the last 2 years as well.

John259.....BJ is anything but liberal!!! Lmao

When we were thinking about what track to ride for my first ride back in 5 years, we chose brand... super fun track and is stupid tame. If you think it’s a crazy technical track it isn’t, in my top 3 favorite tracks in Ohio.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Drop 25+ and make it 16+Open for all the local races. That's what Baja did (14+ there). That definitely adds some excitement knowing i'll be racing more than a couple people.

For the Battle series keep 25+ though. Those races still draw a decent gate and pulls people out of the woodwork.
And just keep the battle points out of the overall series if that's an issue.

fluidpower

PR Member
Wow... like why? What does one get out of smashing C class that bad.
Kid just moved off of 85's/Super Minis onto a 125 and 250F toward the end of this season. Should he have jumped right into 250B? Probably some LL issues since he is still really young also....I think under 16.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Kid just moved off of 85's/Super Minis onto a 125 and 250F toward the end of this season. Should he have jumped right into 250B? Probably some LL issues since he is still really young also....I think under 16.

THis is same argument that’s been used for years. And people still do it. So its not changing. But if you’re competitive in supermini. Been racing all your life head up to B. But if people won’t do it, b/c forces it.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
I'm with Delbalso, drop +25 for local races, keep it for battle series races.

What about combing +25/+30 and calling it Vet Open? That would allow pape and hershey to sign up as well if wanting too. We need big gates of vet riders.

Last edited:

john lilly

PR Addict
Don't combine B&C, C already has enough riders. Run B&A together, plus neither has very full gates. Jonathan just ran B for the first time over the weekend, what a disappointment, they combined B and A and there were still only 4 riders. Of course, it is the end of the year but I am hoping for larger gates next year. If not, I guess we will have to travel to larger races.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Don't combine B&C, C already has enough riders. Run B&A together, plus neither has very full gates. Jonathan just ran B for the first time over the weekend, what a disappointment, they combined B and A and there were still only 4 riders. Of course, it is the end of the year but I am hoping for larger gates next year. If not, I guess we will have to travel to larger races.

Welcome to shitty side of the coin! Now you can see the dieing side of motocross. All that hard work to get to B but nobody else comes along. Nobody shows up for A. Force them c riders to give you a gate to race against...

pape718

PR Member
Now you have to run B at the mino o's