2018 Local Moto Changes

Now you have to run B at the mino o's
Ya like he said were not going. I think next year we will skip trying for Loretta's and do Mini O's. However, we might do a qualifier and regional for the competition and just to see where he is but not actually go to LL, if he were to make it.

The AMA came up with a program that takes 7 pages to explain the "Advancement" of a rider. It should be written from the other direction. Come up with a formula that allows you to "stay" in the C class after your card is on year 3 or later. None of this point system crap that you need an abacus and 3 Japanese Yale students to figure out.
Your son is fast, he will do well in the B class. Congratulations and THANK YOU for proving that not everyone leaves if they cant ride C.

Ya like he said were not going. I think next year we will skip trying for Loretta's and do Mini O's. However, we might do a qualifier and regional for the competition and just to see where he is but not actually go to LL, if he were to make it.
Sorry JL but if you make it you need to go. Loretta Lynn opportunities are rarest of the rare. You go if you make it and are healthy!! Just being with your son at these type of events pays off ten fold for him in humility and growth into a young adult.....

What about combing +25/+30 and calling it Vet Open? That would allow pape and hershey to sign up as well if wanting too. We need big gates of vet riders.
I'll be 30 this year, don't ruin this for me lol. I'll enjoy running +25 and +30(or 16+/30+).
That right there gives us 2 classes.

I wouldn't even put a cap on the age in 16+, Barely anyone much older than 30 signs up for +25 as it is, so I highly doubt that'll change with 16+. if they wanna run it, cool though, more on the gate!

No points for C class.....Or trophies. I wonder how many would move up locally?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
No points for C class.....Or trophies. I wonder how many would move up locally?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
My son is in his first full year of C class, Locally he is top 5 or 6 in the class. When we go to the bigger races ( battles or chillitown) he is mid pack.
.. I would hate to move him to B class only to get his butt handed to him next year.
So I guess I don't agree with the NO points No trophy comment.

My son is in his first full year of C class, Locally he is top 5 or 6 in the class. When we go to the bigger races ( battles or chillitown) he is mid pack.
.. I would hate to move him to B class only to get his butt handed to him next year.

I don't get this comment, that's how you get better. My friends and I all ran c class one year and moved up, got an ass kicking and got faster because of it. Are you worried about him getting hurt in B class or just not placing well?

Nope, not getting baited into the C thing again. Sandbaggers the lot of them. Kill the class. Move everyone up to B. Can’t win? Deal with it.

I don't get this comment, that's how you get better. My friends and I all ran c class one year and moved up, got an ass kicking and got faster because of it. Are you worried about him getting hurt in B class or just not placing well?
We all know anytime they line up on the gate they take a chance of getting hurt so that’s not it .Everybody wants to place well , right ?
I’m really not sure where I was going with my comment I just didn’t agree with the comment NO POINTS or trophy’s for C class . I get moving up should be your goal but some of these kids just are not ready after 1 or even 2 years in C .
This is what I see at the local tracks , you have a fast C rider and everybody bitches that he should be a B rider ... then you have your slow B rider and everybody says , he’s no B rider !
IMO I think you should move up when you are ready ! Did you move up to A after 1 year in B ? Just curious

Did you move up to A after 1 year in B ? Just curious

That’s funny!
All my friends and guys I rode with either moved from C to A in less than 2 years or tried like hell to!
In the 70’s and 80’s the object was to improve. Not impress people who didn’t attend events. When A riders were on the track everyone was on the fence watching because that was your goal to be there.

This comment is absurd. The only way to get better is to ride with faster riders. When i was 14 i was riding a 426 and my dad wouldnt let me run C class bc it was too dangerous, instead he made me run collegeboy bc it was a mix of b/c riders. I got to the point where i was battling with top B riders and i startes to run B class. No one cares about the kid who is winning C class except his family. Oh and btw i broke my leg in 07 and didnt race or ride again until 2010... came back and went right to A class after only running 4 months in B prior to breaking my femur

We all know anytime they line up on the gate they take a chance of getting hurt so that’s not it .Everybody wants to place well , right ?
I’m really not sure where I was going with my comment I just didn’t agree with the comment NO POINTS or trophy’s for C class . I get moving up should be your goal but some of these kids just are not ready after 1 or even 2 years in C .
This is what I see at the local tracks , you have a fast C rider and everybody bitches that he should be a B rider ... then you have your slow B rider and everybody says , he’s no B rider !
IMO I think you should move up when you are ready ! Did you move up to A after 1 year in B ? Just curious
I did never ran B went from C to A to race the fastest guys and in one year

Back