Top 10 best racers out of Ohio

A91012B7-FB25-4E3F-B28C-4CB9FB7D44F4.png
John Shay from Burghill. Nobody ever talks about him. Got a 6th at washougal and finished 14 overall in the class. That year was among sooooo many heavy hitters. Ward O’mara, Johnson, Hannah, Myerscough, Holley, Hicks, Burnsworth, Carson, Breker, Diamond

Attachments

• 993889FC-E873-4A57-9C89-7510032326AE.png
    993889FC-E873-4A57-9C89-7510032326AE.png
    289.5 KB · Views: 125

jfalat

PR Addict
This a cool walk down memory lane..it was fun to watch a lot of the guys show up at local cra races back in the day and just lay it down...

Toddco327

PR Addict
I've seen Brian ride myself. The only person that could ride once a year and absolutely haul the mail with no practice on a bike 10yrs old.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I don't know where David Hill, Tom Kelley, and Matt Barnes fit in, but honorable mentions.

Sellards was my freakin hero when I was 8. He definitely was in the transition era like mentioned. Carmicael was just turning pro around the same time. I still remember watching sellards and Sam
Yanatelli at summit indoors battling one another to death on kx85s.

Barnes lapped me twice on his kx250 in the 20 lap pymatuning pro race. He was fast.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I played baseball with Marcus’s sons. I’m just surprised they are not around the track more.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Jon16

PR Founding Father
Matt Barnes Still rides occasionally. He's been to Malvern two or three times already this year. He's not quite as fast as he was back in the day, but he still rips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

John250

PR Founding Father
Brock Sellards around 1995 at summit indoor lapped me twice in one race on his kx125 with purple rims. kid was fast.
One of the best motos I ever rode at kenworthy's. 250B class. I got 10th (probably 30 something on the gate. As I was getting the white flag, I hear someone closing fast on me. I look around, and Brock was getting the checkered flag behind me. He had lapped through 11th place. But hey, I was the last guy to not get lapped by him, lol. I believe he turned A shortly after that.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Cant believe I have not heard of John Shay, thats a heck of a point total.
May disqualify me but Tommy Watts and Mike Bias, both from the other side of the river but raced here all the time. So they count in my book.

nitrofish

PR Addict
Maybe not top 10 from Ohio but my favorites from the early 80s to 90. Growing up I lived close to Troy Graham, I used to sit and watch him practice on their private track. Mark Weaver was my local pro hero when I was a kid. Raced against Jeremy Buehl and James Large. Bill Leake was a bit of a mentor in my younger years, he can still lay it down. I often wonder what names my son will remember when he is my age?