mx vs atv alive

Couldn't they make the guys style sweet ? It's so goon looking....more experience better style ? I think that's not true.

they are saying that it plays different than reflex and that once people get over that part, itll be easier to move the rider around. find out tomorrow i guess. bummer that ps network is down. no stewart compound til its fixed.

they are saying that it plays different than reflex and that once people get over that part, itll be easier to move the rider around. find out tomorrow i guess. bummer that ps network is down. no stewart compound til its fixed.

Thats bs! We have to buy abd download a majority of the real tracks I believe!

Does anyone know what tracks are available without the playstation network.. How sweet would it be if stewarts compound was the loading area... Ahhh

alright so who has it already? lol do i run out in get it today or is it a let down? im sure either way ill get it eventually.. but unless everyone says its awesome it might not be for a few weeks

alright so who has it already? lol do i run out in get it today or is it a let down? im sure either way ill get it eventually.. but unless everyone says its awesome it might not be for a few weeks
i have a feeling that if your on ps3, its gonna get boring real quick. no supercross. only like 8 tracks. so until ps network is back up... might be a let down.

I just picked the game up this morning. So far I'm not impressed, but then I got a playstation and can't get any dlc. The graphics and game play are a lot like the game Pure. The rider yells at other guys and does the whole fist pump thing just like on Pure. Your rider starts off as a total goon,but the more you play he does seem to get better. You also can't brake tap in the air which really sucks. Not sure if that is something you can do later as you gain expirence or not. I'll have to give it more time before actually say it sucks,but as it stand,compared to reflex,it's a let down. Then again,thats just my opinion,not yours, and someone else might love it

from playstation network posted today...
I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

sounds like xbox is having DLC problems now too. and someone posted that online play keeps freezing. lol. figures.

ok so i got the game.
when you first put it in and play, its gonna blow. but it does get better after you level up and get a fully modded bike.
but you start out with very limited tracks and it takes forever to unlock more. lame.

I don't like it at all at the moment. The riders are very goon looking. I'm not digging the fist pumps and yelling. The bikes track better then in Reflex, but the controls feel better in Reflex, atleast to me anyway. I'm on PSN and yeah... can only play on two tracks untill I'm at level 10. Lame. I can't quite say if I hate it yet, but as of right now, I'm way less than impressed. But not surprised.

the things i do like is not crashing all the time. and the AI seems smarter. and is for sure faster on all time. i like the bike progression, but hate hate hate how long its taking to level up for new tracks. but the bikes seem like chineese knock offs. atleast reflex had pretty close designs. i think thats so people will buy the real bikes as dlc. the gear looks really good. and the videos of stewarts compound look awesome. further supports the idea of having replica tracks and not something that a 4th grader came up with.
dont even get me started on this short track junk. all that is, is a hand gestering demolition derby. Dumb.
all in all, once the supercross is released and PS3 players can play at stewarts, i think itll be good except for the goony looking hand gestures.

Not sure why the guy posted you can't brake tap in the air.. the bike physics are pretty close to real. Slamming on the brakes in the air brings the nose down just like it did in Reflex..

And if you guys are having trouble getting to level 10 just go do the first short track set on 5 laps a few times, the race takes all of 2-3 minutes and you get 2-3k xp each time. I'm around level 15 or 16 now.

Finally got JS's compound late last night after the download failing all day. That place is nuts. The fist pumping is very cheesy. I tried to play online once, got into a game, watched as a spectator for a few laps. Then the game froze at the loading screen. Got annoyed and turned it off for the night.

Supercross at the compound is so hard.. I hate that they brought back preloading like the old MX vs ATV games. I really loved how reflex didn't have that. Makes timing jumps and whoops so much more annoying when the guy is constantly bouncing around. The clutch feature is pretty cool & actually useful unlike the old games. The bikes are ugly so far. Gear is not. I have my guy outfitted in black/neon oneal mayhem just like I own in real life ;) Looks pretty cool.

I didnt notice the brake tapping relaly working?? I think a big thing i did notice is you really have to let off the gas to bring the nose down more so than you did before...

i seem to want to wheelie a lot and when i get too far back it seems almost impossible to bring the front end back down?

the compound is awesome. the sx is real hard which makes it sweet.

how did they bring back preloading?? am i missing something?? how do you preload? lol i just kinda been leaning back to seat bounce stuff? i only played for like 25 min last night so maybe im missing something.

the clutch is definitly useful but to me it feels more like a turbo boost button than a clutch or something.. im pretty sure you can pull the clutch in while not even giving it gas and it will still boost you.. and you hvae to hold it in a little long IMO for it to really give you a good boost

i dont tihnk the game is terrible nad im sure with more tracks unlocked and as i figure out how to play it itll be more fun. im not mad i spent $40 on it.

To preload you lean back up the face of the jump and before you leave the jump click the right stick down. If the spring turns green you got it.

Do you have the rider aids turned off? Those things really make the game weird if you leave them on.

Back