50+ or 2 stroke?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Truth be told, my dad is afraid of the A/B track at BC, he watches us go around there and sees WAY TOO MUCH AIR. He'd come down either way, and race the oldest / slowest class available to him and be happy just to have a chance to ride on the A/B track.

Right and until the mention of a +40C class Rocket, where would you have put your Dad?
It would have had to be in your class….yup.
Like you said, he would never even think of it.

John250

PR Founding Father
You guys all have me worried.....I usually show up to a race, go out for practice, and have no problem racing. All you guys riding BC all the time are making me think I need to get out there to practice before the end of August, otherwise I am gonna get smoked showing up the day of the race to go race.
JO, close the track for the remainer of the time before the race, change the track, and then we will all be even come race day for the battle of Ohio.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Don't worry John, the people that practice there all the time probably won't show up for the race!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
John, it’s not like that.
But, It is a real Race Track.
To me, a track becomes great when a large group of riders can make all the obstacles Some may double and some may triple. Some go outside some go inside….But everyone makes it around pretty good. Then it’s the surface that makes it. Because even though you are doing great, clearing everything and hitting a few inside lines….someone can and will always blow right past. There is no blocking. BC is big, wide and has unlimited passing. If he’s faster, he’s past ya…

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Right and until the mention of a +40C class Rocket, where would you have put your Dad?
It would have had to be in your class….yup.
Like you said, he would never even think of it.

My dad would have asked what track he was riding on to race and said he'll watch if he had to run A/B track most likely. If JO had decided to do a +50 group, my dad may have run that, but he talks about YOU being 50+ and jumping all the jumps which blows his mind and would have scared him into probably not racing at all. And a +40C class with guys that don't do big jumps would excite him much more....... and come to think of it, I was the first to mention it.... so I guess I did get him out of my class! Plus who gets 163 if he's in my class??? He's had it longer...... I've made it more popular..... who gets dibs on the number???

What are we looking for? A way to get my dad to race or a way to get JO the most bang for his buck in this post. I was truthfully answering for JO's best money maker with my ideas in my opinion......

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
^^^ I was just gonna say that. Guys past 50 won't want to race on the A/B track there. Maybe the C track, but not the A/B track. --L*64

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
15 minutes + 1; start bright and early. First gate drop no later than 10am.

That might scare people. Mx racers only wanna go 3 laps it seems!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
How many laps we talkin?

Probably at least 4 laps for most, would like to do 5, but we need to keep a schedule too. By the time you add one lap, you add at least an hour and half to the day.

Remember, most of the average dude times on that track are at least 2 minutes. I think when i get really scooting i can run Gonzer times around 1:50-1:55.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
15 minutes + 1; start bright and early. First gate drop no later than 10am.

That might scare people. Mx racers only wanna go 3 laps it seems!

We will be starting early, no dicking around. We will be having practice the day before, all day. We will only be having a limited 3 lap practice sunday morning. Starting at 8:30. No late practice. We will be starting motos no later than 10:00am. Hopefully sooner.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
That all sounds good with starting early and getting limited amount of practice on Sunday morning! You could always go with 4 lap first motos and see how fast it goes..... and if it goes quickly with no added stops, make it 5 for the second motos! It would be the opposite of other tracks now, 4 laps first moto plus lots of docking around and we're running late so we go to 3 lap second motos since it's late and we kept people here all day!

Double D

PR Founding Father
Rocket’s Dad would get on the gate with the +50 guys and have a ball on the A/B Track specifically because it’s the +50 class.
You know, like how he only rides Red Bud when he knows he’ll have an appropriate class to ride in.

I would say +50.

I think you draw a crowd that wants to ride the big track but stays away because it can be intimidating with pro bikes and quads flying past you.

I can think of 3 or 4 that may give it a shot. ( that would never think of racing here without it)

I am 45 and a decent rider but there is no way I am riding with an all out 2 stroke class.
Many fast and super fast guys have 2 strokes. Those guys don't bother me.
I dont want to race young kids. There is to large of a variable in their riding.

But I will be in at least 2 vet classes, most times I sign up for 3.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
hetalks about YOU being 50+ and jumping all the jumps which blows his mind andwould have scared him into probably not racing at all.
Bullshit: Y
our dad has been on the track with me for many years now. He’s not one bit scared to have me out there with him, even if I’m jumping. What he is scared of is the large pack of guys that still think they are something special and will run him over just to beat their buddies.

I was trying to politely say that with only a +30 class and a +40 class to choose from I feel a large group of rides may not come because it would put them on the track the same time as the egomaniacs in +40.

So whether it’s a +50 class or a +40C class I think the Battle of Ohio needs to have a class that lets that group enjoy the A/B track. If I were the promoter, I would feel that’s more in tune with the rider base around this area ….more so than a 2-stroke class.

^^^I was just gonna say that. Guys past 50 won't want to race on the A/B trackthere. Maybe the C track, but not the A/B track. --L*64
I was gonna say how crazy it is when people speak as if they know what everyone else wants…. Are you still riding in shorts and no goggles Lucky?

Back on topic…..My vote now between 2-stroke and +40C would be to have a +40C class.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Another thing that i think will happen is that with the 2 stroke class, there will be alot of talk, but only a few will show. Once we get closer to race time and get serious, and everyone starts getting serious, I think people will start to look for the class they ride the best, and for allot of the riders that isn't the 2 stroke class. I think its a class to add down the road, after a few successful runs at the event.

I can count ten guys right now that would sign up for a 40+C (no triple class). Out that ten, I bet half wouldnt race if we didnt have it. I really like the idea of doing a 30+C and a 40+C, no triple classes, and stagger them behind the regular classes. And by no triple, I mean the uphill triple and finishline. We will break out the black flag, I got two.

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Yeah. Still shorts, but I've always worn goggles... Rich Silvers actually has me wearing knee guards now after he scared me with how painful a cracked patella would be.

Jeremy asked which race we think he should have. If it were at Smith Rd.-- I'd have said +50. Since it's the A/B track at the 'Cliff-- I said 2 Stroke. If it were me, I'd add +50 to +40 in a staggered start, and have a 2 stroke race in it's own moto. I think as a promoter-- he'd get more entries with the 2 stroke race than +50. That's all I was sayin'. --L*64

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I like Jeremy's way of thinking with the +30C and +40C No Triple classes! That would add the most riders that wouldn't come otherwise!

My dad isn't afraid to be on the track with you Sharc, it's others like you that he doesn't know that scares him. And he loves to watch all the guys at BC on the A/B track, but going from watching it only to racing on it with guys that jump stuff is a big move........ a class that specifically states no finish line or triple jump would be right up his alley!

And I'd bring the 2 stroke out just for the one class if he added that, but it's not my first choice for most "new" entries. The "C No Triple" classes get my vote now for most added value for promoter since JO clarified his rules! Sounds great to me for guys that would be intimidated, only suggestion would be to give those guys a couple of their own sessions on the practice day without all the other fast guys that make them afraid in the first place..... have a C no Triple practice session for riders signed up in those classes!