50+ or 2 stroke?

Mosher

PR Founding Father
As a promoter, I could go either way, but the reality of it is there are now more 2 strokes out there than 50+...like others, I'm just not sure who would show up for a race.

I would like to see the development of a 50+ class in local racing since I'm fairly close to that age, as are a few of my riding buddies. I think there is a market for it, just like any age class. We aren't getting any younger, but we are still riding and would have fun racing now and again.

I like the idea of a 40+ class with limitations....that being said, can we rename the class from C? Most of us are not beginners and our fragile egos cannot take the connotation of being in a C class. Maybe 40+ (A)ir and 40+ (N)on-(A)ir? LOL!

mooch

PR Elite
Another thing that i think will happen is that with the 2 stroke class, there will be alot of talk, but only a few will show. Once we get closer to race time and get serious, and everyone starts getting serious, I think people will start to look for the class they ride the best, and for allot of the riders that isn't the 2 stroke class. I think its a class to add down the road, after a few successful runs at the event.

I can count ten guys right now that would sign up for a 40+C (no triple class). Out that ten, I bet half wouldnt race if we didnt have it. I really like the idea of doing a 30+C and a 40+C, no triple classes, and stagger them behind the regular classes. And by no triple, I mean the uphill triple and finishline. We will break out the black flag, I got two.

There you go...I think you hit the nail on the head with this line of thinking!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
^^^ Damn! That sounds like fun! If they had it set up like that-- I'd almost borrow something to ride myself in +40 C...

If they limited all "C" races-- that would bump the sandbaggers to "B" where the first 10 "C" racers in any given "C" race probably belong anyway. Sounds pretty cool. --L*64

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I like Jeremy's way of thinking with the +30C and +40C No Triple classes! That would add the most riders that wouldn't come otherwise!

My dad isn't afraid to be on the track with you Sharc, it's others like you that he doesn't know that scares him. And he loves to watch all the guys at BC on the A/B track, but going from watching it only to racing on it with guys that jump stuff is a big move........ a class that specifically states no finish line or triple jump would be right up his alley!

And I'd bring the 2 stroke out just for the one class if he added that, but it's not my first choice for most "new" entries. The "C No Triple" classes get my vote now for most added value for promoter since JO clarified his rules! Sounds great to me for guys that would be intimidated, only suggestion would be to give those guys a couple of their own sessions on the practice day without all the other fast guys that make them afraid in the first place..... have a C no Triple practice session for riders signed up in those classes!

We will definitely being do sessions on the Saturday before (aug 25th), and possibly the Sunday (Aug 19th) on the weekend before. I will keep the C, no triple in mind. We used to do A/B group and C group on the big track. And thats the defining factor, if you tripled you went with A/B, if you didnt you rode C.

Double D

PR Founding Father
I can think of a lot of vet riders in our Smith road pit area that would give it some thought.

30c and 40c.

nitrofish

PR Addict
I like the 40+C idea. I've never rode the A/B track, didn't plan on racing, but now I think I would with the idea of not triples. Oh, I would be on my 125 so there ya go a 2 stroke 40+C class.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Being local to Briarcliff I have rode the A/B track a lot over the years. Yet I have never once tripled the center or tried to clear the finish line jump.

I have only been to BC once this year, and then only the C-track.
My most current bike is my 03 YZ250, and I will be 47 in September.

As much as I hate to admit it I was not gonna let myself sign up and race at this event. Just not up to speed with the 40+ guys, haven't been on the track and won't do all the jumps. I would get smoked and probably come in last, even though I may be the most physically fit rider in the group. But on a side note, I have been racing a few times this year, all on vintage and decade class bikes and tracks.

But I would come and race 40+ C "Non-tripling" class. ( and the more laps, the better! )

As a public poll gauge, does this info help?

mooch

PR Elite
40+ Sport instead of C?

That sounds like a good ego-saving kinda label to put on it!

Though I've not seriously ventured onto the A/B track for the last few years...I could see myself checking out this new 40+ sport class if it happens.

hershey

PR Elite
4 Laps for youth classes,
5 laps for adult classes,
15 min. + 1 for pros (8-9 laps)

X2 !!!!!!!!

And why does everyone keep talking about triples? The one triple that USED to be there is more like a single to rolled out table top. Unless you want to count any one doing triples in the roller section. IMO there are some large tables but they are safe along with the remainder of the track. The +40c crowd should be really happy to have their own gate and moto away !

nitrofish

PR Addict
That sounds like a good ego-saving kinda label to put on it!

Though I've not seriously ventured onto the A/B track for the last few years...I could see myself checking out this new 40+ sport class if it happens.

Oh great! So now after kickin' my butt on the pitbike I am already down another posistion in the 40+sport class! :)

mxpilot

PR Elite
Being local to Briarcliff I have rode the A/B track a lot over the years. Yet I have never once tripled the center or tried to clear the finish line jump.

I have only been to BC once this year, and then only the C-track.
My most current bike is my 03 YZ250, and I will be 47 in September.

As much as I hate to admit it I was not gonna let myself sign up and race at this event. Just not up to speed with the 40+ guys, haven't been on the track and won't do all the jumps. I would get smoked and probably come in last, even though I may be the most physically fit rider in the group. But on a side note, I have been racing a few times this year, all on vintage and decade class bikes and tracks.

But I would come and race 40+ C "Non-tripling" class. ( and the more laps, the better! )

As a public poll gauge, does this info help?

Hey, hey, hey, last place is MINE! Don't be laying claim to my territory!

As far as naming the class, I view C as a level of riding ability, and unfortunately, I've not ridden enough to get out of that level. Therefore, any changing of names is purely semantics. But "Sport" does salve the sting. :)

mooch

PR Elite
Oh great! So now after kickin' my butt on the pitbike I am already down another posistion in the 40+sport class! :)

Believe me, you'll have no worries about staying in front of me if this 40+ sport thing happens...even if I'd get a good start, I'd be working my way backwards at the same pace Blake Bagget works his way forward through the pack after the halfway point of a moto!

It'll be interesting to see who signs up for this 40+ sport class!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I have made my decision. 30+ Sport and 40+ Sport will be classes offered at the first ever Battle for Ohio. No jumping of the uphill triple or the complete finishline will be allowed in either class. Riders who break this rule will be dq'd.

Not a triple hershey????? Hmmm you know what happens when people ridicule my jumps right? My jumps get ridiculed. Theres a enough definition there to call it a triple. Promotor rule.

hershey

PR Elite
Fine sir,

I only ridicule jumps of those promoters who ignore me at the track. I am now thinking it was because your are apparently a 2 stroke hater and I was on my 125.

HUD22

PR Member
With 30+ sport & 40+ sport i will definitely try to put this race on the schedule. The only thing better would be a couple trees to dodge.