Ok... What did you do to your bike today??

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
What is it with dogs, both of mine would eat dirt and mud from my bikes till they puked !

Well freitags dogs are union dogs. Only non union dogs eat till they puke, those unions dogs know they got their fair share of food steadily coming in.

mgorman

PR Member
Finished up a go-over on the 950Adv. Fresh oil in the motor. New push rod and fluids in the clutch. Modified headlight-wind screen-dash unit to accommodate the now swelled from gasahol, 12 gallon gas tank. Was going to ride it to the car wash sans tanks to clean inches of crud from places you can't see otherwise, but 25 deg was a bit cold for washing and the trailer was full.

IMG_20120923_120353.jpg

IMG_20120923_200322.jpg

Actually easier than undoing this drain plug...

IMG_20121026_194544.jpg

Riding to a meeting this evening so no bike work :(

1foxracing

PR Addict

You have a Transalp too, how do you like it? I've rode the 950/990 Adventures and they just seem to heavy for me along with Beemer GS's. I've also been eyeing the Yamaha Super Tennere as my next new purchase. Truthfully I'd be happy with a old XR or XT. For you guys that also own street bikes a bike lift is the best tool you can buy.
ZRX061.jpg

My winter project is putting my 73 Kawasaki H2 750 2-stroke back together. My dad purchased it new in 1973 and gave it to me when I was 16 as my first street bike. I've slowly been acquiring NOS parts for it over the past 7 years and should start assembly very soon.

Bill480

PR Addict
You have a Transalp too, how do you like it? I've rode the 950/990 Adventures and they just seem to heavy for me along with Beemer GS's. I've also been eyeing the Yamaha Super Tennere as my next new purchase. Truthfully I'd be happy with a old XR or XT. For you guys that also own street bikes a bike lift is the best tool you can buy.
ZRX061.jpg

My winter project is putting my 73 Kawasaki H2 750 2-stroke back together. My dad purchased it new in 1973 and gave it to me when I was 16 as my first street bike. I've slowly been acquiring NOS parts for it over the past 7 years and should start assembly very soon.

I've been meaning to pick up the harbor freight bike lift.. have this coupon sitting here for $289! Would make wrenching on bikes so much easier but I don't really have anywhere to store it when it's not being used. Garage is tight these days.

Post up some pics of the H2 when you start working on it! Good luck with the project.

talonrunner18

PR Addict
I've been meaning to pick up the harbor freight bike lift.. have this coupon sitting here for $289! Would make wrenching on bikes so much easier but I don't really have anywhere to store it when it's not being used. Garage is tight these days.

Post up some pics of the H2 when you start working on it! Good luck with the project.
My dad picked me up one for xmas. Im happy with it for my dirtbikes. I dont know if I would put my RC51 on it tho.

nitrofish

PR Addict
My machined are all tucked away in the house, kid is still riding his stuff. So the wife wants to kick the bikes outa the basement to make way for a Ping Pong table," a family Christmas gift" she says. My garage is my cave complete with all the necessities of life and a few extras. No room for clean put away toys, right? Who plays Ping Pong anyway?

Tom

PR Elite
My machined are all tucked away in the house, kid is still riding his stuff. So the wife wants to kick the bikes outa the basement to make way for a Ping Pong table," a family Christmas gift" she says. My garage is my cave complete with all the necessities of life and a few extras. No room for clean put away toys, right? Who plays Ping Pong anyway?
Ping Pong!!!!! Thats one of the best games at a collage dorm LOL BEER BEER BEER LOL

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Bah, you don't need a ping long table for beer pong. You just need 20 red cups and a million ping pong balls. Although pong tables are sweet.

beamer315

PR Addict
My dad picked me up one for xmas. Im happy with it for my dirtbikes. I dont know if I would put my RC51 on it tho.

while working at a shop last year we built a full custom Buell bobber bike on a harbor freight lift. Did everything on it from chopping the frame and rewelding it to putting the big ole v-twin in and out a dozen times. Held up just fine. It too was bought just cuz it was cheap and the other two bigger Handy brand lifts were used for daily service work. I plan to snag one as soon as possible.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i want to get one as soon as i have a big enough garage for it. cant wait to get outta my house and find a bigger better garage. i mean a better house.

LinderRacing

PR Founding Father

I can't believe that someone on this forum actually knows what a Ktm 9x0 even looks like! As far as being" too heavy" I love mine, best bike I have ever owned. You just have to learn to respect the weight!! Oh and I couldn't imagine not having a lift in my garage, after having one!

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I can't believe that someone on this forum actually knows what a Ktm 9x0 even looks like! As far as being" too heavy" I love mine, best bike I have ever owned. You just have to learn to respect the weight!! Oh and I couldn't imagine not having a lift in my garage, after having one!

That thing is a whale!lol

IMG959576_1.jpg

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
going to spend some quality time with suzy right now.. bars, chain, sprockets... excited i get to put the new wheel back on!! shes going to be looking good. still waiting on a couple of things :(

pasimp57

PR Addict
Put a final coat of polish on it for the new owner coming to pick it up tomorrow. Started prepping bike #2 for folks coming to take a look at it.