OMA X classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it, just for one season. Then I get to beat my brother every race.

But, in all honesty I think that's a more appropriate age for school boy. College boy on the other hand, I think 18-24 is better as opposed to 18-29.

You know that 18-24 is stirring up some nostalgia, didnt it used to be 18-24 back in the day? Vets, anyone remember if it was 18-24 before 16-24?

JO, the idea isn't to trick LL Ref's, but to bridge the gap between local and national level events in regards to class structure.

I get people being scared about change...sometimes too much change throws things off and sometimes radical change is needed. The process to refine OHMX with OMA has been long for sure, but needed. Thankfully JO, Jason and others are more committed then some of the amateur comments and attitudes on here. If you want better MX in Ohio, then you had better saddle up, get with it and contribute to the effort.

One indisputable fact is that Class Structure needs to be addressed and is being addressed. This is probably the last big hurdle for OMA other than the finished product.

Someone had mentioned about getting a track record for 2013 to see how they can best structure the classes for 2014. Part of that is true while on the other hand, we have many years of experience at the track. I am speaking from 12 years experience being on the working side of the fence, not the racing side. My thoughts and ideas aren't always right...that's the way it is for all of us. I am content with whatever is finally decided, but WE HAVE TO WORK THROUGH IT ALL FOR IT TO BE RIGHT!

Imagine a year from now and looking back...all this hashing and work now will pay off later. Stick with-it riders!

My eyes are getting tired of all this. I'm sure JO and Jason proly are too. Seems to me that the main purpose here has been lost. Everyone wants their way. I personally at this time, with the snow falling at a furious rate would be happy to just like up and drop the gate. Can't wait. Little one will hopefully be riding in the spring. This makes things look promising. So lets all just sit back and wait for the gates to drop. It will all sort itself out by the checkers anyways.

Forgive me, I just don't get the whole school boy and college boy classes. I gotta guess it is either so you can race more than one class or it is greed on the other side. When I was in school, I raced C, B then A. Then I went to college, not college boy just college. And if you're still in college at 29, ya got issues or you are not gonna have enough time to race. :) I don't see the difference between 25+ and 30+? Where did all these new classes get invented over the last decade? We have become a pussified society where everyone gets a chance an equal chance. I think only the older vets with kids out there see it. It goes on in school, school sports and our sport as well. Don't get me wrong, I do believe the micro kids deserve an award for givin' her hell, but all the other stuff is laughable. I wish they had an under 6' foot basketball class or a going back to college at age 40 because I need more money 2 stroke class. I don't envy the x men at all! You guys will get beat down no matter what you do, by all of us at some point. Just a small rant from a meaningless person, please do not take offense nor pick on me cause I'm slow and don't do triples. All I want is to be able to race, have the boy race and have a good time! Oh, no quad jokes we will get deleted.:) Sorry Mr. Pit.

My eyes are getting tired of all this. I'm sure JO and Jason proly are too. Seems to me that the main purpose here has been lost. Everyone wants their way. I personally at this time, with the snow falling at a furious rate would be happy to just like up and drop the gate. Can't wait. Little one will hopefully be riding in the spring. This makes things look promising. So lets all just sit back and wait for the gates to drop. It will all sort itself out by the checkers anyways.

Dont worry guys the torturous part is almost over. I know everyone is getting tired of the non-stop OMA assault. Jason and I are very similar people in many repsects, I would venture to say that both of us find our limits by pushing it a bit too far then back it off a smidge. Im feeling much more confident that we are on the right track (for season 1). The rulebook has begun, and will be continued. Hopefully, in the near future we will be updating everyone on cool new sponsorships and fun stuff, the things that make you wanna ride.

Thanks for everyones particiaption, and trusting in our leadership. BTW, I have heard everything that has been emailed, texted, pm'd, FB'd, and telepathically sent. Even if we decide to take different routes, all of your suggestions have been heard and analyzed to the nth degree.

Well over 200 memebers and climbing, heck maybe even approaching 225, I lost count....again.

Beamer, quit reading it and posting it then. Simple way for this thread to totally die on the vine..........JO and Jason STOP typing and replying. It will all stop. As long as they keep posting it will continue.

Forgive me, I just don't get the whole school boy and college boy classes. I gotta guess it is either so you can race more than one class or it is greed on the other side. When I was in school, I raced C, B then A. Then I went to college, not college boy just college. And if you're still in college at 29, ya got issues or you are not gonna have enough time to race. :) I don't see the difference between 25+ and 30+? Where did all these new classes get invented over the last decade? We have become a pussified society where everyone gets a chance an equal chance. I think only the older vets with kids out there see it. It goes on in school, school sports and our sport as well. Don't get me wrong, I do believe the micro kids deserve an award for givin' her hell, but all the other stuff is laughable. I wish they had an under 6' foot basketball class or a going back to college at age 40 because I need more money 2 stroke class. I don't envy the x men at all! You guys will get beat down no matter what you do, by all of us at some point. Just a small rant from a meaningless person, please do not take offense nor pick on me cause I'm slow and don't do triples. All I want is to be able to race, have the boy race and have a good time! Oh, no quad jokes we will get deleted.:) Sorry Mr. Pit.

I agree with this 1000 percent. I'm not old either.

16-29 class would be fine with me. One drop. Huge gate. Men racing with the boys. Perfect class.

drop college boy and drop +25.

I still feel just as young as I did when I was 16. I'm 26 now. I'll start playing the old card when I'm 30. Screw that 25 class at local Oma level. I'll run it during qualifiers.

I still want less classes longer motos. But that would be too conservative for the majority of local moto-Ers

Ok I guess I just don't get it... Sure lose 25 + and add it to college boy. Whatever that it??? But that still leaves 27 different classes which still means 4 to 5 min Moto for $25???? And how is any of this going to increase the number of riders on the gate at one time??? Please I beg of you. Be daring and different and not just a clone of the failing AMA. A deep disk'ed and well watered track and a t-shirt ate not enough to get me to drive 3 hours when I can run DMV or treaty that's in my back yard. I'm asking nicely. PLEASE

Ok I guess I just don't get it... Sure lose 25 + and add it to college boy. Whatever that it??? But that still leaves 27 different classes which still means 4 to 5 min Moto for $25???? And how is any of this going to increase the number of riders on the gate at one time??? Please I beg of you. Be daring and different and not just a clone of the failing AMA. A deep disk'ed and well watered track and a t-shirt ate not enough to get me to drive 3 hours when I can run DMV or treaty that's in my back yard. I'm asking nicely. PLEASE

Chris - This is a done deal. Im sorry you feel that way. Im focused on sponsorship and rules, im looking forward. Thanks for your concern.

AND, for all of those who like playing decision maker with other peoples money, get into government, and leave promoting to the promotors.

Chris - This is a done deal. Im sorry you feel that way. Im focused on sponsorship and rules, im looking forward. Thanks for your concern.

AND, for all of those who like playing decision maker with other peoples money, get into government, and leave promoting to the promotors.[/QUOTE

ouch..... I was just trying to help. 1977 through 1985 Happy Hollow then 2004 two supercross tracks in Troy and Sidney so I was thinking from a promoter stand point. That was me and my family

anyway, good luck and I hope you stay off that other topic with all the pictures of closed tracks that ran all those classes guess we will try Indiana

I have to agree. I thought one of the original break from the norm ideas was to have fewer classes and longer motos. BUT I am still excited about the sponsorship and swag ideas I keep hearing about, I am still excited about the idea of minimum track prep requirements. I am excited to race OIR, BC and Beans again! Lets focus on the positive here!!!!!

I think OMA needs to just step away from the spot light and start making things happen off the net. Even Im getting tired of reading all this BS. Like someone else had said there is so much being said and done , OMA doing this OMA doing that and they havent even dropped a gate yet. Do not try and reinvent the wheel just make your classes and put on your show and you will either win or loose kinda simple.

What you read and see is speckle of what we have been doing. We have meetings setup (sponsors), proposals are out to companies. I have even called various facilities about possible banquet locations for 2013. One step at a time here. We plan to meet up with certain tracks to continue design changes and track prep stuff, and a whole lot of other stuff. Lets not forget, this will be my 8th complete season coming up, and been racing since 1983. I have seen a thing or two myself.

I havent even leaked the OMA newsletter yet that Mr. Jeff Willis has generously spent a large portion of his time working on. I will let this whole over exposure thing settle down first. Maybe right after New Years we will let everyone have a peek at it.

What you read and see is speckle of what we have been doing. We have meetings setup (sponsors), proposals are out to companies. I have even called various facilities about possible banquet locations for 2013. One step at a time here. We plan to meet up with certain tracks to continue design changes and track prep stuff, and a whole lot of other stuff. Lets not forget, this will be my 8th complete season coming up, and been racing since 1983. I have seen a thing or two myself.

I havent even leaked the OMA newsletter yet that Mr. Jeff Willis has generously spent a large portion of his time working on. I will let this whole over exposure thing settle down first. Maybe right after New Years we will let everyone have a peek at it.

How can you have a news letter already? lol

Because they make things happen !

they are a brand new sanctioning body, how could they NOT have a newsletter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back