OMA 2014.....tracks

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Dayton and Dirt country are both part of the reason district 11's turnouts became what they were. Rocky's attitude at DC is terrible and so is the track. Dayton is a sub par facility with no parking! Neither place can hold a race in the middle of summer because of dust and not having the means to water enough. What track is next in your recommendations John250 Treaty City?

Try to look past that. Strictly for a logistics and facility stand point, Dirt Country could be great. Sure it need work, most tracks around here do. It sets in a great location less then 40 miles from Dayton and Cincinnati, large pond in the property with nearly no neighbors. Right on a state route with hotels and food within 20 miles. Sure it is as flat but so is LL and Ponca City.

It could be great. And I sure hope it is once again... SOON

Dayton and Treaty are kinda land locked but remember, those are clubs that are set up by MOTORCYCLE people and that have been around longer then all of us. And I just hope that land stays open for people to ride on for generations to come.

nhogan171

PR Member
DC is in a good location but The owners won't make it better nor listen to suggestion to make it better. I am sure of that after listening to him at some of the district 11 meetings a couple years ago.

hershey

PR Elite
The only way I'd start a track is if I had $300,000 to start with. And I wouldn't build a track within 1 hr of another. You need great equipment. Your prep is only as good as your equipment(and your earth mover behind the joystick). If equipment is junk prep wil suffer and so will your turnouts.

You better put a 1 in front of that number if you really want a nice place.....

You will spend your allotted amount just on buying your property, maybe more.

Kovatch

PR Member
The only way I'd start a track is if I had $300,000 to start with. And I wouldn't build a track within 1 hr of another. You need great equipment. Your prep is only as good as your equipment(and your earth mover behind the joystick). If equipment is junk prep wil suffer and so will your turnouts.

Are you relying on the local "work for cervaza" workforce that lives in our area? I'll help run the dozer for you. Buy the 131 acres across the street from me.

John250

PR Founding Father
Dayton and Dirt country are both part of the reason district 11's turnouts became what they were. Rocky's attitude at DC is terrible and so is the track. Dayton is a sub par facility with no parking! Neither place can hold a race in the middle of summer because of dust and not having the means to water enough. What track is next in your recommendations John250 Treaty City?

Have you been to races at Dayton this year? Last year? They just ran three races in August, the track conditions were pretty good. They have a decent track, draw decent numbers. The last race in August was 90 degrees, I was the last moto, and it was obviously dry, but not "dusty" to keep from racing. They have done a decent job last couple years. Also, look at the race entry numbers from Dayton. Some of the better numbers in the state probably. Usually average 250 a race.

Rocky I believe is getting tired. And like any promoter (JO for example), will tell you if you don't like something, go home. But usually Rocky hands you your money on the way out......who else does that? Yes they have done that many times. DC could be turned around and be decent.

Treaty City......hell no. I stopped going there 6 years or so ago. I have no idea why anyone goes there to race.

Logan #34's Dad

PR Addict
I put a vote in for Rt.62. It's not too far away for the core OMA'ers and the track is layed out pretty good. Could be a little wider BUT thats an easy fix.

mikeschaefer

PR Member
I personally think some people on here need to purchase some land and machinery and get all the friends together that you think you have that want to donate all the time they don't really have, And build the PERFECT TRACK because it's so easy to do Right....Anybody can do it. Your opinions of how s**t should be done is amazing. You all think you can do it better, Not so.. I owned and still own a track that was open to the public. And the people with all your great ideas that came to my track closed it. I poured my savings and countless amounts of time to have a track for people to enjoy. And had a race with a good turn-out. Only to be Burnt-out from the sleepless nights and weekends spent on my dozer, tractor, water truck and peoples wonderful comments on what I'm doing wrong. It was my choice to have a track, And am not upset for ever trying to get it of the ground. You people have know idea what it takes, The people who are providing tracks to race at do not need bashed whatsoever. John250 You said why would anybody ride Treaty City. Well This past weekend the track was amazing. The best I have ever seen it EVER.. New people are doing the track prep and they are really doing great.
I used to not understand how MR. Osborne could voice his opinion on here and people would still flock to his track. Well J.O. I get it now. You really deserve a merit of honor. You people should stop voicing your opinions about the tracks that we race on. Treaty City, DMC, DC, AMS, BC, Malvern, SVR, and any and all tracks that My Son and I race or practice on, Thank You for all you do to give us a place to ride and race.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Mike, relax man... This is a forum. The main reason it is here is to state your opinion.
Sorry that your track fell through, way too many of them do. I personally have ran and closed three different tracks (maybe I am the track killer??)
Yes, the track prep at Treaty is 100 times better then it was 5, 10 , or ever years ago but the fact is the track layout is... well... not good (Trying to be nice)
The finish line is 1/4 lap around from the starting gate (This slows down the program) The track is WAY and I mean WAY to narrow. Not a lot of space to work with but most of the good space is wasted on the starting gate area, worthless announce tower and the tractors set on the best dirt on the property. and on, and on...
I have been racing at Treaty since 1980. I was there in 81 when we raced in the snow, on the top level since the bottom track was under ice. So what ever does or does not happen, I will continue to take my son there to race. BUT.. It can be MUCH better. I don't know the guys running it now but given the efforts they show on track prep, I would say they are trying. With that being said, it is OK to ask for help from experienced racers and not just club members. SOME, not all, or even most, experienced races would gladly help the staff layout a new track that optimizes the space available and would dramatically improve the racing. (Since it is so narrow it is like a cow path, follow the leader). Even if you have to pay someone to help with the lay-out. It is an investment.
Everyone remember, when you read something on here that you may not like, It has been written by someone in our sport. That's why they are on this site. No one here wants yours or any track to close. It is merely a forum to express options, relay stories and retrieve information. Nothing more, nothing less.

mikeschaefer

PR Member
Thank You for clearing up the whole forum thing for me, I had no idea it was just for options, stories, and information. I'm upset at the opinions of the people who have such great ideas and hide behind a computer, Man up, Make a change, Do it on your dime. stop telling people they should do this way and that way. The whole Vet Sport thing is getting old. Get over it. Find a way to donate the time everyone spends posting negative stuff, And create a more positive race day. This was not directed at just one person it was many of the same people who just keep beating a dead horse. As far as the whole cow path theory. Move around and pass. If My old ass can pass on that track, anyone can. B.T.W I am relaxed, Not trying to upset anyone with my sense of knowing that we as Riders and racers should not be posting negative things about certain Tracks and Track prep. This is Motocross Its a great sport. Deal with the current conditions or go home and don't post how bad it was.

hershey

PR Elite
I personally think some people on here need to purchase some land and machinery and get all the friends together that you think you have that want to donate all the time they don't really have, And build the PERFECT TRACK because it's so easy to do Right....Anybody can do it. Your opinions of how s**t should be done is amazing. You all think you can do it better, Not so.. I owned and still own a track that was open to the public. And the people with all your great ideas that came to my track closed it. I poured my savings and countless amounts of time to have a track for people to enjoy. And had a race with a good turn-out. Only to be Burnt-out from the sleepless nights and weekends spent on my dozer, tractor, water truck and peoples wonderful comments on what I'm doing wrong. It was my choice to have a track, And am not upset for ever trying to get it of the ground. You people have know idea what it takes, The people who are providing tracks to race at do not need bashed whatsoever. John250 You said why would anybody ride Treaty City. Well This past weekend the track was amazing. The best I have ever seen it EVER.. New people are doing the track prep and they are really doing great.
I used to not understand how MR. Osborne could voice his opinion on here and people would still flock to his track. Well J.O. I get it now. You really deserve a merit of honor. You people should stop voicing your opinions about the tracks that we race on. Treaty City, DMC, DC, AMS, BC, Malvern, SVR, and any and all tracks that My Son and I race or practice on, Thank You for all you do to give us a place to ride and race.

X2....but like Chris said the forum is here to voice opinions , criticisms and even praise!

I have a track at my house and fully understand the difficulties of track upkeep. Its a pain. People dont have a clue about the time it takes and the hassle/expenses involved with equipment. And I only ride here a few times a year!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
" I'm upset at the opinions of the people who have such great ideas and hide behind a computer, Man up, Make a change, Do it on your dime. stop telling people they should do this way and that way."
No one is hiding, Well some may be. But Im not... Chris Knox 937-203-9098. I will come out and help just about any time you want. (Just about because I have all those other darn stick and ball sports to go to) and no one has to pay me a dime. Maid Rite's on you though.

" As far as the whole cow path theory. Move around and pass. If My old ass can pass on that track, anyone can."
The point is if the track promotes multiple lines, passing opportunities increase. The upper section of the track is narrow and one line. Show me someone that got passed in that section and I will show you someone that has crashed.

Deal with the current conditions or go home and don't post how bad it was.[/QUOTE]
That is the mindset that has all but killed motocross in Ohio. I don't claim to know everything about our sport. Even after 40 years I am still learning. Be willing to listen to positive as well as negative feedback about your product. It is not a coincidence that the two most successful tracks in this state are run by the two guys that read and post on this site the most.

Treaty's success is in my personal best interest. It is 30 min from my house. The moto community is a small one, we cant afford to send anyone home.

Again, give me a call. I would love to help. btw. I have no plans for this Saturday.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I'm upset at the opinions of the people who have such great ideas and hide behind a computer, Man up, Make a change, Do it on your dime. stop telling people they should do this way and that way."

" No one is hiding, Well some may be. But Im not... Chris Knox 937-203-9098. I will come out and help just about any time you want. (Just about because I have all those other darn stick and ball sports to go to) and no one has to pay me a dime. Maid Rite's on you though.

" As far as the whole cow path theory. Move around and pass. If My old ass can pass on that track, anyone can."

The point is if the track promotes multiple lines, passing opportunities increase. The upper section of the track is narrow and one line. Show me someone that got passed in that section and I will show you someone that has crashed.

Deal with the current conditions or go home and don't post how bad it was.

That is the mindset that has all but killed motocross in Ohio. I don't claim to know everything about our sport. Even after 40 years I am still learning. Be willing to listen to positive as well as negative feedback about your product. It is not a coincidence that the two most successful tracks in this state are run by the two guys that read and post on this site the most.

Treaty's success is in my personal best interest. It is 30 min from my house. The moto community is a small one, we cant afford to send anyone home.

Again, give me a call. I would love to help. btw. I have no plans for this Saturday.

Chris,
At first I thought you were just a big mouth rebel rouser..
But with time I’ve come to believe that you do have a (somewhat) open mind and are truly interested in making MX better in Ohio….I’d like to meet some day.
Carry On~

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Oh, I am a big mouth... Just ask my two ex wives...
My new buddy Mike just called me and we are going to Pusheta Creek this weekend. (I've never been there) Meet us there.
I will be the fat guy chasing my 5 year old on a Polini.. Man, I bet that's a sight.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Oh, I am a big mouth... Just ask my two ex wives...
My new buddy Mike just called me and we are going to Pusheta Creek this weekend. (I've never been there) Meet us there.
I will be the fat guy chasing my 5 year old on a Polini.. Man, I bet that's a sight.
So how did your son like Pusheta Creek?...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
It was closed due to "rain" that's way I posted the pic about mud racing back in the day. Oh well, maybe next time

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Are you relying on the local "work for cervaza" workforce that lives in our area? I'll help run the dozer for you. Buy the 131 acres across the street from me.

The soil around here is sandy. Would make for one badass north OMA round. Too close to DW though.

biged@mx213

PR Member
Day races at Beans.

Something to break up the chunks after prepping at MX213, it would be stellar if so

Spread out the series races. Running them each weekend in a row makes it harder for people to make it. Series races are meant to draw the racers who arent into racing every weekend, when there are 6 races in 8 weeks you alienate those riders you are trying to target IMO

Stick to your schedule, no offense but there were way too many cancellations or reschedules. I dont see the need for any track changes, give it another year and see who maintains their facilities and track prep still. Poor track prep (barring mother nature) should be the #1 priority to be an OMA track followed by running the program well and then grounds keeping. Lets not forget clean porta jons! Lol

I think the first year for OMA was a huge success, dont mess with it too much. Little changes until you get a couple of years under your belt.
tiller.jpg
Hope this does the job at MX 213

MXracn746

PR Addict
I love the attitude of the guys at MX213! Makes me want to move back home! I raced every track ever conceived in the Wheeling/St Clairsville area since the 70's but this one.