OMA 2014.....tracks

Logan #34's Dad

PR Addict
We are preparing a package to sell them on us ;)

I'm going into it like trying to lock down a $500,000 contract......

Well, IF I had anything to do with it....FREAKIN AWESOME! I certainly hope it ALL works out! AND if I can help in ANY way, please contact me and I'll do what I can. Been doing this for quite awhile...

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well, IF I had anything to do with it....FREAKIN AWESOME! I certainly hope it ALL works out! AND if I can help in ANY way, please contact me and I'll do what I can. Been doing this for quite awhile...

The spider web of help on this one is bigger than anyone, who is in the know, really knows. We are getting help from quite a few people, which is good, because the decision makers are aware. We will see, I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

nitrofish

PR Addict
Not a bummer. Get a big time event at BC helps Jeremy do more improvements for all. Big time event will get others looking at the place for big time 2 wheeler events. There are a lot of big tracks closing their doors, going in other directions. Loretta's is tossing the quads out and bikes could soon follow. BC is a prime location for that potential as well. Make some noise, brag about Ohio racers, track owners and promoters. Ohio is going to be significant in conversations at every National meeting in the years to come. An ATV national would do wonders for for this area. Quad people have tons of cash, privateer teams have bigger rigs than the biggest pro teams 2 and 4 wheels. Win, win! Good luck Jeremy, the local quad community is spreading the word that BC is the place to be!

Logan #34's Dad

PR Addict
Bummer...
Quads need some love too.
It still baffles me why tracks do bike only practice... when we go to open practices along with bikes...it seems to be just fine...My son n I love to watch you crazy a***s jumping and whipping...AND you guys gotta admit...its kinda cool to watch a quad fly through the air....

MX099

PR Addict
There are a lot of big tracks closing their doors, going in other directions. Loretta's is tossing the quads out and bikes could soon follow. !

That's funny.
Do the math, bikes aren't going anywhere. In the amateur national series bikes can support themselves, as well as the professional series. That's the difference.

nitrofish

PR Addict
My point is that any national event at a local track such as BC will get them noticed for other events. I'm not saying bikers don't have money or can't support themselves nor are going away. If there is an Atv national at BC, money makes a loud voice louder. Quad People have the resources and connections to help with notoriety. Being on a national stage for BC to strut their stuff will be even better notoriety! Just the fact that BC is in the discussions is huge. I just don't think we should get to comfortable with any track and think it will be around forever. I hope to have my son at the ranch soon, I think we just have to stick together and not take things for granted, that is all. I'm out.

Kovatch

PR Member
Quad people have tons of cash, privateer teams have bigger rigs than the biggest pro teams 2 and 4 wheels.{/QUOTE]

That's a true statement. I can think of 3 riders at the Nationals whose parents could combine and buy the series in cash. Cash seems to be sufficient for many, but we have to get the local guys back into the Nats. We need to get more spectators at the events. Bring some friends, etc. That's what can help. A solid group/network of advertising can go a long way to bring more to the track.

Best of luck Jeremy. Hoping for the best! I'll continue make my 3 hour drives for open practice. =)

Vet261

PR Addict
I was reading all this thinking it had something to do with a new track being added. Is this actually about getting a big quad national or something? That would be cool. I'd go watch.

Woody

PR Addict
That's funny.
Do the math, bikes aren't going anywhere. In the amateur national series bikes can support themselves, as well as the professional series. That's the difference.

For those of you numbers guys. The ATV National at Loretta's had 747 entries over 38 classes (19.6 avg. per class / 20 gates per class). 14 of the 19 adult classes had to run qualifiers.

If those numbers aren't sufficient to support a race, its time to fold up and move on as a series.