Josh Hansen

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Here are a few snippets from an April 2013 interview inFreeRide Magazine.

"That money (the $1.7 million), I have nothing toshow for it as we speak," says Hansen. So where did it all go? "Oh myGod, I had Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Range Rovers, Mercedes this, Mercedes that,dude I was a ****ing idiot. I would hate Josh Hansen if I was back then. I wasa douche bag, but I ran it, it was fun. I was living in a dream world."

“It got heavy, dude, I got into doing bad stuff. I wasliving like a rapper.” When asked if that meant drugs, Hansen says yes: “Yeah,I definitely went down that road for sure.

“I was an idiot. I was a complete idiot. That’ssomething I wish I could go back on. It’s crazy. I was a ****ing douche bag. Iwas so stupid not to do anything with that money.

“It seemed really easy to make money back then, nowit’s really hard, it really is. Man, I took it for granted back then becauseyou think it comes so easy.”

While that time of his life is pretty much a blur,Hansen does remember it was a hell of a lot of fun. “I definitely had the mostfun of my life. I probably did what a lot of the people in the world haven’tdone. If I die tomorrow I went out like a G for sure, haha.”

In 2004 he won his first supercross race and in 2005he came agonising close to the 125 East Region title – tying with GrantLangston. "It's kinda a trip because I've tied for a championship. I'm theonly guy in history that's tied for a championship, it's kinda lame."

"I guess a lot of people can hate on me or what,but at the end of the day I've been doing it my whole life. I've made somewrong decisions, but it's one of those things I definitely want to turn around and there's still time... I just need to get on it."

Spagina

PR Elite
It's funny how seriously mad people get about other individuals. It's not your life, a family members, or even someone you KNOW... why the issues??? The fact that people get so bent out of shape about what dirtbike riders do is ridiculous... it's like a 4th grader getting mad because their boy band they liked broke up.

Lil Hanny might not have done what YOU would have done, but that doesnt make it wrong. Sure, maybe he got a ride because of his name... but he can't choose his name, so even that isn't his fault. The dude has remarkable talent on a dirtbike, and does what he wants. Maybe it's not what i would do, but the fact that he is doing whatever the hell he wants, while getting paid, is awesome. We all go to our jobs, pay bills, and act all serious... all the while sucking on dirtbikes, compared to him, and want to rag on him... stupid.

Also, the appearence thing is getting kind of old. I have a sleeve on my left arm. I have a large tattoo on my chest, and on my ribs. I also have never been arrested, finished college, and now earn a living by being a safety nerd for a construction company. If you met me with a long sleeve shirt on, youd never know... trust me, when i see people on the weekends they are always shocked. Sick of hearing that he looks stupid because of how he dresses and his tattoos. Not everyone has to be the same. I personally think that people who wear baseball caps with the brim so curved that its a circle, look stupid. Guess everyone has their own opinion...

Spagina

PR Elite
ck1... if Josh Hanson was crying about not getting sponsors, or a ride, then you would have a legitimate arguement. The fact is, he can get support from companies who like his image. There are so many jobs out there where you have to be fake, and dress & act like someone you are not. The luxury of being great on a dirtbike is that you can be yourself. If everyone was a cookie cutter good boy version of dungey, this would be the most boring sport in the world. I think its great how dungey wants to be, but why is it anyones business how Hansen dresses or the tattoos he has... this is Motocross. Please don't compare MX to nascar... just.. dont.. do.. it....

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
NetWorth: $18 Million

brian-deegan-0.jpg

Brian Deegan net worth: Americanprofessional Freestyle Motocross rider and a founding member of the Metal Mulisha,has an estimated net worth of $18 million.<o:p></o>
Deegan was the first ever to do a360 (some say an off-axis backflip because it was not as flat) in competition;he named the trick the “Mulisha Twist”. He has also been a pioneering innovatorin Freestyle Motocross and is the most decorated Freestyle Motocross rider in XGames history. With 10 total medals (3 Golds and 7 Bronzes) he is the onlyrider to compete in at least 1 event in every X Games.<o:p></o>

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
There are so many jobs out there where you have to be fake, and dress & act like someone you are not. The luxury of being great on a dirtbike is that you can be yourself.

This^ Amen spag.

Love Brian Deegan, Got to meet him at the Gravity Games in cleveland, the summer after his Winter X crash . I was young then and so pumped to meet my first professional dirtbike athelete, freestyle or mx. He was so down to earth and we actually had a decent converstaion about his crash doing the 360. I told him I rode and he signed my shirt, something Ill keep and remember forever.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Well like I have said several times before, MOST of my posts are about making our sport better. I have fun with a few but when it comes to how our sport looks to outsiders, I care, and so should you. Look, I get it that my post hit close to home for you with the tats but you had the foresight to not get "ink" in places that can not be covered by everyday normal clothing. This Douchebag (by his own admittance) did not. Weather you like it or not 99.9% of people in hiring positions think the same as I do.
I'm not mad. I'm just a grumpy old fart that wants to see 1000 guys like Dungey. Why? because that guy makes a GREAT living riding a dirt bike. The only way that is going to happen to attract large sponsors from the main stream world. Simple fact is guys that look and act like Hansen are NOT going to bring in that money.
And most important... YES, compare motocross to NASCAR... If you cant see why then your too close... For the average outsider they see young or youngish guys in helmets racing around a track at hi speed wearing funny looking clothes with company logos all over them. The average outsiders are the people that our sport has to attract. Anything that looks like it is just for 15 to 25 year old guys your not going to get enough large sponsor with the coin to make 1000 motocrossers rich. Your going to get the 5 "energy drink" companies that we already have. Why? because who is the largest consumer of there products? You got it...

Fact is the guy is a leach. He has sucked the Hansen name dry and is now looking to cash in on the world of jumper video's. That is the same talent that the vast majority of people on welfare have. How to milk the system for your own good.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Deegan is different. He has a brain and used his popularity to create a business. That legit business tapped into the same market that Alpinstars, Fox and Oakley have attracted. And all from a cool logo. Marketing genius.

Then Deegan did the one thing Hansen never did, He build a team and actually gave back to strengthen his sports.
I respect both of these guys as races but there is a clean cut winner in the game of life. And he does not wear a knit hat when its 90 outside.

John250

PR Founding Father
Deegan marketed himself and the MM logo. He is now getting rich off the metal mulisha items. He also moved onto the X games and truck racing, and was successful. Hansen is an idiot. Just as he said, he blew through 1.7 million dollars. I am just guessing, but I really don't think Hansen is making a TON of money these days. Is he making money, probably some......but not getting rich. He is a 1099......wonder if he pays his taxes.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
So what did Deegan market? His championships? Clean lifestyle? Hard work?
And to whom? Home Depot?

.....don't say it can't work for Hanny.

I agree he pissed away quite a bit in MX "Racing", but to say he'll be slinging burgers is a stretch.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Lol. I knew someone would find that picture. So I guess I'm wrong. Hansen is my hero. Going to go to the garage right now and put 100 on my son's polini

John250

PR Founding Father
Deegan was smart enough to CHANGE from that look, attitude, and perception to get a monster deal in off road trucks. Today, Deegan is nothing like that photo. Hanny will have to eventually quite partying, and smoking dope to figure that out. Not saying it impossible......but I don't think him or J Law have two of the highest IQs in the country.

MX724

PR Addict
A lot of hate here lol. I agree wheelies and jumps with no helmet are pretty stupid! With that being said kid is talented. He took his talents and reapplied them after pissing 1.7mil away. If you have ever blow even a few grand you know how it feels! Doesn't really matter how many times you fail so long as your successful once. It will be interesting to see if Hanny can keep it going. Im thinking he can.

As far as the "look"I really dont get why people think they can accurately determine your intelligence level based on how you may dress or look. Sure we all judge but you should also have the self control to say to yourself "hey maybe i shouldnt judge this guy bc I really dont know him!"

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I'm not assuming he is stupid based on his looks. He IS stupid, again by his own claim. And that's how he looks. Stupid. Is that bad on my part to assume someone is stupid or whatever because of the way someone looks? Yes, if we lived in a vacuum. But we don't and those first impressions are based on facts. If you are at the mall and you see a 7'1" dude walking toward you wearing a warm-up suit do you say to yourself "I bet he is the CEO of a successful business"? Or do you say "I bet he plays basketball"
Sorry if you don't like what I say. But I'm not here to make everyone my friend with PC crap. it's just how it is

jms158bmx

PR Member
Motocross is a fashion show. Always has always will be. Every single person got into moto for one reason. Because it looks cool. And by golly to most people Josh Hansen looks pretty damn cool. Monster knows this and pays him well. So just because hes not on your wifes box of tampons doesn't mean hes not a marketing genious. Get with program old timers!

Meister

PR Founding Father
im ok with his style. besides skinny jeans. i cant freakin stand skinny jeans. or girl jeans on guys. puuuuuuke.

cbb brandon

PR Addict
when u see 100 on a bike u think of lil hanny, enough said.sh?t when u see #7 on a bike u think of black boy even though ive been #7 b4 he was even born.johnny cash was a outlaw and i bet no one is cryin on country websites bout how he looked or acted.u readin this vargo!!!

John250

PR Founding Father
As someone that has hired MANY people, I can assure you looks has a lot to do with it. To the point that the receptionist at the front desk would leave notes on applications if someone had gages, pants hanging off their a***s, tattoos on their necks etc. It always amazed me the young guys that would come in for a job interview in a pair of jeans and a golf shirt. I am not saying for the type job they were applying for they needed to be in a three piece suit, but some dockers and a button up dress shirt for even the most entry level jobs is appropriate.

These kids go and get all these piercings, gages, tattoos, etc and then go to college and want to enter the professional world. They need to think about this before they do the stupid things they do. Really has NOTHING to do with being old, or not with the new generation, it has everything to do with choices and personal responsibility. It is a competitive world out there....you should want any edge you can get over the competition in the work place.

barrington314

PR Elite
when u see 100 on a bike u think of lil hanny, enough said.sh?t when u see #7 on a bike u think of black boy even though ive been #7 b4 he was even born.johnny cash was a outlaw and i bet no one is cryin on country websites bout how he looked or acted.u readin this vargo!!!

jiFfM.jpg