Josh Hansen

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So who would that be?....
65991d1246946784-brian-deegan-bd.jpg

Should it have been mullet mulisha???

Vargo671

PR Addict
when u see 100 on a bike u think of lil hanny, enough said.sh?t when u see #7 on a bike u think of black boy even though ive been #7 b4 he was even born.johnny cash was a outlaw and i bet no one is cryin on country websites bout how he looked or acted.u readin this vargo!!!

Exactly! The proof is in the pudding.

Michael

PR Addict
It always amazed me the young guys that would come in for a job interview in a pair of jeans and a golf shirt. I am not saying for the type job they were applying for they needed to be in a three piece suit, but some dockers and a button up dress shirt for even the most entry level jobs is appropriate.

Believe it or not, most young guys - say 18-21 - would consider that "dressing up." To me, that is dressing up. I wore a polo and khakis(pants once, shorts once) to both the interviews for both jobs I've had. Both times I got the job. It's just the way society is progressing. But for sure, I'll be wearing something button up and a bit nicer when I'm going for a job that isn't minimum wage, part time work or an internship.

MX724

PR Addict
Right, but I bet when that guy with pierced ears, baggy pants, or long hair shows up to fix your downed server or take care of something you can't do its ok right? Hanny IS stupid? Maybe he was stupid, but my bet is hes making more than any of us on this site so if you ask me hes made his way in a word that insist that you must "act look a certain way" to get anywhere in life. To me that is the harder route. Anyone can put on dockers and a button up and kiss ass. I don't personally dress like this but I think everyone deserves a fair shot and also redemption. Anyone who goes against the grain and is successful at it shows me that person has some determination.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Getting back to many points that have been made on here from both sides....... when it comes down to the most important moments in your life, how do you dress? Think Court Dates, Weddings, Funerals, etc.

Look at any court room picture of any person that has some amount of money (no matter their usual public persona and dress) and they are all prettied up in a suit and tie. Ever see Eminem in court???? Not the rapper that you see everywhere else. You know why? It makes a difference to the judge, the jury, and the people making decisions about life.......

Knowing your audience is key to putting your best foot forward in life and while you can make it by dressing how you want and covering yourself in ink, it's easier to do so without those additional barriers to hold you back. The "old" guys on here are just trying to make a point that you could have an easier time of life by being "normal" in the business world you live in and leaving the "gangster" side of your life to your private life at home or when doing your own thing, simple as that.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
So this is Eminem's public persona for his career......
slimshady.jpg

But this is what he looks like when he's in court and not wanting to go to jail........

Slimshadycourt.jpg

Can you see the difference? If so, that's what the "old" guys are talking about when it comes to jobs, interviews, etc. Play the part for the little bit of time you have to and things will be easier for you just because you know how the game is played. Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Spagina

PR Elite
By trying to prove your point, you all just proved mine.

He isn't going to court, or trying to get a respectable job, or fix your computer. He rides a motorized bicycle around a dirt track and jumps things while going brappp. Right, super professional. Everyone is different, let it be. And there are so many kids like that out there that yes, he actually is marketable to certain sponsors more than Dungey or RV. You think some skater kid is gonna stock up his closet with Monster or Famous items the same if Dungey the boy band rider is wearing them, compared to Hansen? Nope.

In the same respect, moms with their little ones who go shopping after soccer practice for things they need at the race that weekend are way more likely to go to Target because they see it on Dungeys bike, than if it was on Hansens. Different people are marketable to different sponsors. There are plenty of both types to go around, and plenty of the viewing audience to like both sides of the spectrum.

Motocross isn't professional, it's motocross. Tons of athletes have tattoos in football, basketball, etc. motocross is more extreme than all of them put together, so why should we be the pretty boy athletes. This isn't golf.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I wasn't saying that Hansen is bad in anyway, I was just chiming in on the "respectable" parts of life and what to wear when. If Josh Hansen was my friend showed up to my wedding in a Monster Hoodie and knit Beanie....... I'd be pissed off at him. If I invited him out for a bit of waterskiing on my boat on a Saturday afternoon and he showed up like that...... than it's all fine. There is a time a place for everything, and knowing it makes all the difference.

I get the marketing to certain audiences and have stood up for JLaw many times when John250 was putting him down for teams offering him a job. Some people want that persona and market it..... just like Deegan and Metal Mulisha. There is money to be made there and people take advantage of the demographic and market to them, that's the way of the world. The motocross demographic is mainly young males age 16 - 24 and they have a lot more in common with Josh Hansen than they do with any political office holder...... Yamaha isn't rushing out to sign up Dennis Kucinich types to help promote the sales of motorcycles, they want a Josh Hansen for that. But, when Yamaha sends in a rider to argue for the lead law on their behalf to Congress, they are going to send in a John250 type (politician, businessman, husband, children who ride, father who rides) to speak to Congress and appeal to the majority who are making decisions for all of us.

Ask yourself honestly, if you had one chance to save the future of off road motorcycling with a presentation to the President of the United States who will decide if we can ride motorcycles off road or not........ who would you send and what would he look like? Would you send Josh Hansen look a like in a hoodie and beanie, or would you send in a Ryan Dungey Look a like in a Suit and Tie?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
if motocross was as professional and GAY as golf then i wouldnt be participating. Thats what this sport is all about. Being yourself. Individuality. Freedom, expressing yourself through riding, the gear you wear, the graphics you choose to put on your bike, etc.

Spagina NAILED it. Different companies will want to market to a different audience, through different types of riders. Theres companies out there to fit each sides of the spectrum. He couldnt have put that any better.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I wasn't saying that Hansen is bad in anyway, I was just chiming in on the "respectable" parts of life and what to wear when. If Josh Hansen was my friend showed up to my wedding in a Monster Hoodie and knit Beanie....... I'd be pissed off at him. If I invited him out for a bit of waterskiing on my boat on a Saturday afternoon and he showed up like that...... than it's all fine. There is a time a place for everything, and knowing it makes all the difference.

I get the marketing to certain audiences and have stood up for JLaw many times when John250 was putting him down for teams offering him a job. Some people want that persona and market it..... just like Deegan and Metal Mulisha. There is money to be made there and people take advantage of the demographic and market to them, that's the way of the world. The motocross demographic is mainly young males age 16 - 24 and they have a lot more in common with Josh Hansen than they do with any political office holder...... Yamaha isn't rushing out to sign up Dennis Kucinich types to help promote the sales of motorcycles, they want a Josh Hansen for that. But, when Yamaha sends in a rider to argue for the lead law on their behalf to Congress, they are going to send in a John250 type (politician, businessman, husband, children who ride, father who rides) to speak to Congress and appeal to the majority who are making decisions for all of us.

Ask yourself honestly, if you had one chance to save the future of off road motorcycling with a presentation to the President of the United States who will decide if we can ride motorcycles off road or not........ who would you send and what would he look like? Would you send Josh Hansen look a like in a hoodie and beanie, or would you send in a Ryan Dungey Look a like in a Suit and Tie?

Clearly we know the answer to your question, but what does that have to do with anything? If you're in a hospital bed and dieing, and the only doctor there has is arms all tatted up, you just going to die or let them save your life? STupid question right? Same thing

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
You guys will argue this to death, I'm not arguing that Josh Hansen is wrong in any way for his personal style, that's his choice. Using that style as a role model to go to a job interview for your career in the real world is a mistake in my book....... that is all. Clean up, look presentable, get the job, and then dress how you want at home and on the weekends and when riding your dirt bike. Simple as that. Eminem knows what I'm talking about!

I'm for personal style, less government intervention, and being yourself. I also know that when I'm presenting to clients for my company...... I look like a professional in the business world. When I'm working on my MX bike, I'm in jeans, mx t shirt, and tennis shoes which is when I'm the most comfortable. I'm not the old fuddy duddy that cares all that much about your style or anyone else's, but if you don't know when to be presentable for the mainstream, you aren't living in the real world.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Clearly we know the answer to your question, but what does that have to do with anything?

So you agree that there is a difference somewhere in presentation depending on your audience? That is my point.

And I hope that you guys do realize that the people making laws in our country about what "WE" are allowed to do on our motorcycles DON'T look or dress like Josh Hansen. "WE" have to work with those people to keep the sport "WE" all love going for the future, and if that means dressing like an adult when needed, "WE" have to do just that. I have nothing against Tattoos, Beanies, or Hoodies...... but those things can make our lives more difficult if that's all we display to the public officials who decide where, when, and what "WE" can ride off road.......

Spagina

PR Elite
I just don't know where all the talk about job interviews, or court appearances came from. Anyone with half a brain knows how to be presentable in this situations, I thought we were simply talking about dirtbikes.

Trust me, I know better than anyone. I show up to interviews in nice pants, button up, and a tie. I worked at my job for over 7 months before EVER wearing short sleeves. The look on people's faces, remembering the comments they said about tattoos, unknowing of my under shirt appearance, was priceless. The amount of "I never thought you were the type to..." Comments... i couldn't even count how many. They are great. Just goes to show that you don't know s**t about the quality of a person by how they look, or by a few pics in a magazine, or by short videos.

I laugh at people who's idols are sport stars, actors, or politicians. You don't know these clowns. You know nothing about them, other than what the media wants you to perceive.