Sometimes 2nd place can win a championship.

I love how ZO16 takes the monster can right off the table and puts it behind the table in the press conference. Rockstar was probably jumping with glee.

Last edited:
I was at the race and saw Dunge with a good start. Ran with Tomac for a few but didn't have the speed like the others. Almost like he ran out of gas. There's been so many articles asking the question, what's up with RD. I agree, Tomac is on it and the fastest guy out there right now, but somethings going on with Dunge. Be it burn out, injury, no fire like years past, not sure. Yes he is riding as fast as he can right now but he is human, not a machine like some would try to allude to. We all have issues and he has some kind of issue. I think at times in his career he has been faster but right now he's second or third best. Can that win a championship, only time will tell. You can guess one way or another but it is only a guess. I agree, he didn't seem real happy in the interview. Some say he will retire this year, I hope not, he is good for the sport.

I read an article maybe in transworld, or MXA. They were talking to roger decoster and DeCoster kept saying that ryan is his own worst enemy. He will say things like the bike is all wrong, when really there isn't anything with the bike. (Of course that could be Roger protecting the KTM brand after quoting his top paid rider complaining of bike setup) And for roger decoster to get RD1 to snap out of it RD1 just needs one good start/lap/race whatever it may be and then he flushes all that crap out of his head. He's got some confidence demons from the sounds of it. But my god at that level how can you not expect those guys to worry about that stuff. And Dungey is a realist, he knows you're only as fast as your last race. So it's a huge burden on him for 7 days after a loss. Only to lose again. Which just amplifies. I'm sure his anxiety just goes up exponentially until he comes out and wins which then he just kinda hits the anxiety reset button.

Or it's just real simple: colorado was a fluke. early season armpump was a fluke and ET is phoning home to being the next top alien.

Just the week before Dungey had an awesome ride , coming from way back after a bad start and was pi$$ed he didn't get by even more riders . Looked like he had plenty of fire then . Anyone can have a slump . I'm not ready to write him off yet . That said , I hope Tomac and Marvin keep the pressure on and maybe a couple others step it up . Whatever the case , seems like this season has everybody watching and talking about the 450s again .

Dungey has lost his focus. I've enjoyed his consistency and calculated racing style in recent years. But he doesn't look comfortable in his bike right now. His cliched interviews are uncomfortable and difficult now also. I did like his "only a dirt bike race" reference, that was more original. We'll see just how interested he is in winning another dirt bike racing title.

Sounds like he loves kids .....

IMG_3296.PNG

I agree with kO1 that Dungey doesn't look real comfortable on the bike right now , but I still think that was a heck of a ride . That track looked slick and a bit narrow/one lined for the most part .Liked the sand section . Most passes were in the whoops or block passes . Davey was putting on his best ride for a while and was protecting the lines well , good for him ! Wish I was " washed up " like that , so I could charge from that far back , on a tricky track , and end up on the podium right behind two other of the best racers in the world .

250 main was a blast to watch ! Glad to see Smith step it up and become another top player .

Wow, After the New Jersey race things sure have swapped around. Like I said, pick who you want to win the championship, it's still a guess. That's why they run all the races, you never know what will happen. I had Eli picked to win the race, it sure is hard to predict. Vegas should be a great race in both classes.

there was something going on, emig and every body had dungey picked to win right from the beginning and tomac was riding like he got the last qualifying spot in the last chance qualifier,musquin moves over to let cg by at the last minute for the win!! no team orders my ass

Back