Sometimes 2nd place can win a championship.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Toesmack blew it. Marvin threw it.

Gotta give it up to Marvin though. Not sure how you can just hold yourself back. Mx racers are probably exploding angry on the inside to let someone else win.

Toesmack was on grant for like two laps. He looked like CG behind Reed Three weeks ago. Then toesmack cross ruts up the face or the rut was so deep it knocked him into nuetral and about yard sales the triple. It was like a damn 9/11 government conspiracy out there.

Tom

PR Elite
18157455_1445914208787476_8780045958104820259_n.jpg
18157057_1493992780632029_7484572365864810209_n.jpg
18208931_779567848869414_7346163636276240111_o.jpg

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
It's ok to say it.... I will hold your hand as you say it... Come on little buddy. Ready? "Ryan Dungey is the best".
See, now that did not hurt too bad, did it?
Things we know for sure:
1. Toesmack choked all on his own. More than once.
2. Dungey took home the first place trophy

There is no doubt ET lost his mental confidence, he placed there purely on his own.

But CG got 2nd place, nobody can argue that one. So in my book, and most people's, if CG wins the championship by 3 points or less then it was ET's championship crown.

mooch

PR Elite
Soooo hard to believe Tomac choked THAT hard.

Props to RC and his take on the situation that Dungey would take the win due to the weight of the red plate being too much for Tomac.

Any talk about team tactics is irrelevant unless it goes so far as to say that team KTM paid Team Kaw's Tomac to throw the race.

Tomac's choking shows that Dungey's consistency is not an easy thing to pull off.

Double D

PR Founding Father
All the fastest guys implode. Js7, krock, et....
I tell my kid race the track, if you get passed he is either faster, or gonna crash.

Ride to your ability and always try to improve..

Any other rules Hershey? Let the AMA know what the criteria for winning the championship is . Does Ryan get extra points for Reed holding him up?

Whaaaaaat?

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
The winner at the end of the series is the one with the most total points, and yet a guy who consistently stays right near the front of that total point group gets hounded for not being exciting or as good as others..... oh well, when Dungey retires (which may very well be this year), he will have all the hardware and championships for his trophy room that he needs! He is really one of the all time greats whether you like him or not. The pressure to stay at the top is so difficult to deal with in our sport now that it's causing burn out of the very best and early retirement for the riders we want to see. Wouldn't we all want to see Villopoto, Dungey, JS7, and RC still out there right now?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

mooch

PR Elite
LMFAO......All you nut sack swingers except the true hater John259 sure are turning ship all of the sudden.

Cryin Grungey just doenst have anymore in the tank and he is frustrated because others are turning up the juice. He was almost keeping up the first few laps but it was easy to see he was out of his comfort zone. Once MM passed him it was game over, RD just gave up.

Word is MM has been faster at the practice track for some time. I think that and KR brutal crash have gotten under his skin. He cant push himself to ride ET or MM speed now, nor could he have before IMO. Basically he is a spoiled brat who cant handle not winning and is throwing in the towel now. RC would get pissed and the following week he would crush the competition.

There is NOTHING that shows ET or MM are riding over their heads. They were both on rails and smooth as silk. People like John259 crack me up, isnt 3rd place still consistent and riding smart ???? BAHAHA ! Isnt the entire point of racing to go as fast as you can while in control? Isnt the whole point of racing to WIN as many races as possible and win championships? Other than a mechanical, ET is by far the fastest AND most consistent rider, the championship at this point is his to lose!

What a great SX season to watch !

Was a great SX season!

Was great to see how Dungey made Tomac cry about 3 points in the LV press conference...so much for those 3 points that some folks were whining about! Dungey 2017 Supercross Champ (again).

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Great night of racing. The sport REALLY needed that. Points battle down to the last corner of the last lap of the last race. In two classes no less.
Now, will Osborn finally get out of the 250 class?
Will Dung retire on top?
Will Old Man neck beard Stu-vatchy grow a set of balls to deal with pressure?
Will Crocidile Reedy finally retire to the outback?
Will Monster renew their contact with the series?
What company will Davalos be "working" for next year since no one will sign him to race a 450?
How many bikes will get stolen at the Atlanta round next year?
Do we get a new hot Miss Supercross next year? Y'al... Omg it is like nails on a chalk board when she says that....
Ralph and 1997 return for next year?
How many shrugs did Jenny Taft do to get lats like that?
Who moves up to 450 next year?

Vet261

PR Addict
Kawasaki should have won all 3 SX titles this year but Tomac and Savatgy just couldn't avoid mistakes.
People seem to forget that at the beginning of the season Tomac was leading races and fading back to like 6th. The first 3 races of the season are what blew it for Tomac.
Same with Savatgy, I think he crashed in every single event of the season, even the one that he won!

if the titles were awarded to the fastest guys then the champs would be Roczen, Plessinger, and Osborne. Only Osborne was able to turn being the fastest into the champ.

bruceb

PR Addict
Great night of racing. The sport REALLY needed that. Points battle down to the last corner of the last lap of the last race. In two classes no less.
Now, will Osborn finally get out of the 250 class?
Will Dung retire on top?
Will Old Man neck beard Stu-vatchy grow a set of balls to deal with pressure?
Will Crocidile Reedy finally retire to the outback?
Will Monster renew their contact with the series?
What company will Davalos be "working" for next year since no one will sign him to race a 450?
How many bikes will get stolen at the Atlanta round next year?
Do we get a new hot Miss Supercross next year? Y'al... Omg it is like nails on a chalk board when she says that....
Ralph and 1997 return for next year?
How many shrugs did Jenny Taft do to get lats like that?
Who moves up to 450 next year?

Allow me to answer.

No, he did not point out and defending a number one plate is very valuable.
Most likely.
No, and as a side note Jordon Smith will continue to ne known as a "crasher", although JS did much better at avoiding the big crash (saving it for the most important race of his career)
Most likely not.
Yes.
He will be racing a husky250f for rockstar/husky as he has the past few years. There was a rule change about a month ago to allow 4 seasons of 125-150 points, instead of the previous rule of 3. marty is still 250 eligible, as are Osborne, McElrath, and Plessinger.
More than should.
Hopefully.
Yes.
Too many.
Very few, see the answer to the Davalos question.

Last edited:

k01

PR Elite
And second can definitely lose a championship....
How many times did Tomac attempt to topple the champ? Dungey wasn't about to let that happen and repeatedly recovered quickly. Great racing! Couldn't have scripted a better finale.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea ya know. I will give it to dungey. He found something inside of him that wanted to make a point. To pass tomac when he didn't have to and open the door to get cleaned out is braisen. His adrenaline got the best of him here but he still won the championship.

That race was like watching the WWE. two guys goin mono e mono. Reeds intro music pops on he is charging hard to the ring to give it back to dungey and then Anderson hits him over the dome with a steel chair.

I can't rememeber better races in the history of the sport. Phenomenal entertainment.