MX'ers in MTB'ing

alphado

PR Founding Father
Went to pull the trigger on the Rocky Mountain E-Bike today. They were both sold. Won't have any more until March.

owndjoo

PR Member
MTB is definitely an advantageous way to ride conveniently. I’ve ridden much more than moto since picking it up last year. I will warn, it often makes you want specialized equipment for each type. I currently now have a road bike, a xc bike, a trail bike, and a full DH race bike. And still my 450 sitting with maybe 5 hours put on it in 2020 lol.
It’s all about what you enjoy and how far you want to travel. I ride trail stuff locally at Alum Creek mainly. It’s within 20 min and great cardio in the trails.
I do make multiple trips to DH parks for real fun though. Snowshoe is great in the Summer, and Windrock for the winters, but Windrock is not for the faint of heart, as I’m sure some here would attest. Lots of moto skills transfer over and it’s by far my Favorite way to train. Downhill trips are great times with friends as well. Resorts/camping with just pure fun. Even the race weekends are a lot of fun and low key in comparison to the Moto scene.

Vet261

PR Addict
Ducati has E-MTB now.

MIG-S-MY20-01-Data-Sheet-768x480.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I spy the Mobius.-:)

Hey - I got a question - Why dose everyone have those jumbo backpacks? .....And what do they have in those jumbo backpacks ?

A spare bike ?
A Tent? Blankets? ... What?
......some look like a suitcase strapped on your back - big enough to smuggle a small family in some of them.
maybe a laptop in there? a TV?
Food?, Snacks ? .....what's in there ? and why dose everyone have one?

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Oh - and since we've OFFICIALLY started the off-season with this snowfall
Lets keep this interesting .....
My kind of MTBing....

b0a32e_7e2682ffec4d4506b4a26e1b8c3a6af5~mv2.webp

These two didn't feel the need to bring any snacks or backpacks ...

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
I've been riding there since 08, have missed some years. Have 4 main downhill runs that we shuttle on. They have been revamping that place big time this year. There are some new flow trails out at that the far end that are for pedaling, not shuttling.
View attachment 71151View attachment 71152
The wife and I drove past Horns Hill this last Sunday. There looked to be like twenty riders all gathered at the bottom, and others still coming down.
I do like seeing the sport evolve, and my nephew is into it.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I spy the Mobius.-:)

Hey - I got a question - Why dose everyone have those jumbo backpacks? .....And what do they have in those jumbo backpacks ?

A spare bike ?
A Tent? Blankets? ... What?
......some look like a suitcase strapped on your back - big enough to smuggle a small family in some of them.
maybe a laptop in there? a TV?
Food?, Snacks ? .....what's in there ? and why dose everyone have one?
Snacks.
tubes
Air pump
Parachute.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Nice looking piece of craftsmanship.
Do you guys end up taking it apart and lubing things like a moto bike?
At new ? after use? or not at all?
I see a lot of pivots & hinge points

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I'm looking at Fezzari - company now
So these things are spec'd - by Fezzari - the fame is built for them and then most, if not all of the components are supplied by outside oem's ?
And assembly happens in Utah. So I would imagine it's ready to go right away - right?

alphado

PR Founding Father
When you order they make you supply several measurements. A rep from there called me shortly after and went over everything. Several options you can add to the build. They take the bike from the crate, set it up how you want it, then ship it off to you. I have a 3-4 week lead time for mine. Customer service is pretty impressive so far. I literally had to put the bars and the front wheel on it when it arrived. That was it. I added a dropper post to the build. I got texts from them throughout the whole process. Pretty cool way of doing things over there.