Stewart to Suzuki! It's official.....

baxterj787

PR Addict
I am left to wonder how Stewart and Dungey will compare this summer. Dungey is on an outdoor bike that has essentially zero baseline. Stewart is bringing enthusiasm to a team that has a proven track record (Carmichael, Dungey, Reed), but with near zero testing time on the bike. I would bet Dungey's fitness base will outlast Stewart's in the long run.

Either way, I am glad to see Stewart's resolve to put himself in a place where he feels happy and competitive. I think this summer will be a game of cat and mouse and I will be watching every chance I get.

It will be fascinating to watch Millsaps on the top tier YZ450 too. Has anyone noticed how Millsaps looks, even a little, like a supersized Guy Cooper?

barrington314

PR Elite
5f7be5fe9a0411e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

25e2a3cc9a0511e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

MX724

PR Addict
I agree...love the oversized forks...bike looks sick. Hopefully he has something this year. Good racing is all I care about.

Just saw this on MXA.....for the record I dont think James is racing because others are out.

MXA
: How long had the team and James Stewart discussed splitting up before the news was announced on Sunday?
Coy: It wasn’t months, but instead a couple of weeks prior to when it was announced. Those things contractually take a long time. There were so many intricacies that we had to work out. There are things that we couldn’t do, because we had to rely on others. There’s a legal side of things, and I tried to stay out of that area.

Spagina

PR Elite
Speaking of oversized... Anyone notice the tank? Looks like it might hold enough gas for an extra few laps ;)

John250

PR Founding Father
No hatered of Bubba.......but NOT a fan, for many reasons. I guess according to you guys your not allowed to be a fan of other riders and must show the love to everyone. I can understand that mentality, young guys that love hope and change! But as for me, I will let my opinion be known, and like some riders and do not care of others. GO Bubba! Hope he does well, and when he does, I still dont care for him, but dont hate the kid. Much more educated than you think Barrington. Been around the block more times than you can imagine!

barrington314

PR Elite
No hatered of Bubba.......but NOT a fan, for many reasons. I guess according to you guys your not allowed to be a fan of other riders and must show the love to everyone. I can understand that mentality, young guys that love hope and change! But as for me, I will let my opinion be known, and like some riders and do not care of others. GO Bubba! Hope he does well, and when he does, I still dont care for him, but dont hate the kid. Much more educated than you think Barrington. Been around the block more times than you can imagine!

i never said anything about your education. so now im questioning it.

and i dont like dungey, but you dont see me turn every thread into a dungey hate thread now do you? i really dont like justin bogel. and i have maybe mentioned him 2 other times.

what really gets at me, which i havent see you do it, is when people find humor out of bubba crashing. i dont care how bad i dont like someone, ill never find it funny when they crash. especially as hard as stewart does.
check this tweet out to stewarts mom...
MOTOlife ‏ <s>@</s>M0T0life <s>@</s>sstewartsxmx <s>@</s>OrigStella1999 gonna be fun watchin James break his neck trying to beat RV

are you ****ing kidding me?

Spagina

PR Elite
People are messed up. I personally don't really like bubba, I just hate when people talk s**t over and over when they don't make any sense. I also like underdogs, which 7 is right now. So just because of the person I am, I'd like to see him make a statement so everyone shuts up... And then I'd like to see rattray or short win haha. Doubtful but would be cool.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
I noticed the tank as well. I'm sure Dungey would have liked that in the moto he ran out of gas while smoking everyone.

six6seven

PR Member
I seriously think that whole year suzuki was paying, or telling Gossellar or someone on the team to F@%& with dungeys bike, they owed him big time in back pay, they didnt expect him to come out swinging and winning all those races, when he left suzuki to go to ktm i think back pay on bonuses was something close to like 5.5 million.... i dont think dungey needed extra gas, i think he just needed a refill...i dont think anyone put gas in his bike between moto's, the incident with his chain in supercross..his rear axle bolt was loose and his adjusters werent even locked...his bike not running at southwick was just pure rediculous... I know i sound like some crazy dude with an armadillo hat on my head wrapped in tin foil lol, but think of the money suzuki saved by dungey not winning those two titles, yet still getting the suzuki on the box week in and out...They never had problems when RC was riding them, or anyone else I've seen of factory suzuki for that matter.

MX315

PR Addict
So your telling me they were willing to injure or hurt Ryan to save money.....Take the tin foil off your head bro.....what if his chain broke off the face of a triple or ran out of gas coming over the rollers at freestone going 40mph....Don't think so!